About notables and their support

Users who are viewing this thread

ggttcc2

Recruit
About 2 patches ealier TW made a change in a kingdom decision that clans get influence points per notbale supporting them instead of per notable in their fief.
And that brings a question I still have not yet figuered out:
How do you gain the support of a notable?
Searched the forums so hard but failed to find a straight answer to that. Does anyone really know how the system works?

As much as I figured, you do mission for them, you clean up the area from bandits and looters (especially bandits hideouts) and in towns you go and kill criminals in the "backstreet", be aware that in this latter case though you'll gain 1 notable support by ruin it with another (same with some missions in the villages). BTW, if you own the FIEFS increasing security (aka militia, walls, etc. ) and the "police work" in the area won't alienate any of them.

About 2 patches ealier TW made a change in a kingdom decision that clans get influence points per notbale supporting them instead of per notable in their fief.
And that brings a question I still have not yet figuered out:
How do you gain the support of a notable?
Searched the forums so hard but failed to find a straight answer to that. Does anyone really know how the system works?

I have not figured out a mechanism for this either and currently CotC (the policy that used to give support per notable but now per supporter) does nothing.

As much as I figured, you do mission for them, you clean up the area from bandits and looters (especially bandits hideouts) and in towns you go and kill criminals in the "backstreet", be aware that in this latter case though you'll gain 1 notable support by ruin it with another (same with some missions in the villages). BTW, if you own the FIEFS increasing security (aka militia, walls, etc. ) and the "police work" in the area won't alienate any of them.

Raising relations does not work to change their support. This is with max loyalty and security as well, so if those are supposed to be factors, they aren't very strong ones.
relations_doesnt_affect_support.png

(Urkhunait is Monchug's clan)

Notables can change who they support, but it's pretty rare that it happens. If a notable is not currently supporting a clan, then it goes down the list of all clans with which they have > 50 relations. For each of these clans there is an RNG roll that happens once per day. The roll is a decimal between 0 and 1 and must be less than the result of the following equation to succeed:

(relation - 50) / 2000

Even if you have 100 relations with a notable, it still only gives you a 2.5% chance per day that they will support you.

Notables will flat out stop supporting a clan if they fall below 0 relations with them. When they are < 25 relations with their currently supported clan they have a chance to stop supporting the clan based on the equation:

(25 - relation) / 500

So for instance, if the clan has a relation of 24, then they only have a 0.2% chance of losing the notables support per day (5% at 0 relations). Technically, the player does have a low chance of gaining the support of a notable with the mechanic as currently implemented, but it's very rare.

I think all of the notable related stuff is still a work in progress, so I wouldn't expect things to remain as they are permanently.

Notables can change who they support, but it's pretty rare that it happens. If a notable is not currently supporting a clan, then it goes down the list of all clans with which they have > 50 relations. For each of these clans there is an RNG roll that happens once per day. The roll is a decimal between 0 and 1 and must be less than the result of the following equation to succeed:

(relation - 50) / 2000

Even if you have 100 relations with a notable, it still only gives you a 2.5% chance per day that they will support you.

Notables will flat out stop supporting a clan if they fall below 0 relations with them. When they are < 25 relations with their currently supported clan they have a chance to stop supporting the clan based on the equation:

(25 - relation) / 500

So for instance, if the clan has a relation of 24, then they only have a 0.2% chance of losing the notables support per day (5% at 0 relations). Technically, the player does have a low chance of gaining the support of a notable with the mechanic as currently implemented, but it's very rare.

I think all of the notable related stuff is still a work in progress, so I wouldn't expect things to remain as they are permanently.
Wow thats very informative, thanks a lot for your time and effort.
But.....there is another question risen from my curious little mind:
How can Ai lords lose relationship with a supporting notable? They don't do quests so they can't fail them apparently, and unless their fiefs are conquered by enemy they have no reason to raid those caravans owned by supports.

I loathe the notable system. It sounded interesting when I read about it in a dev blog, but in the game it just does not work.

If the game were RL, you could just arrange for the demise of notables in your fief that did not support you.

I really don't like that criminal notables can prevent you from recruiting troops. Killing a criminal notable should see them replaced by a legally upstanding notable.

Once the game is "finished" I hope that a modder replaces the notable system in it's entirety. Good riddance I say.

I had a few supporters in 1.4.2 beta, and got the influence gain. 1.4.3 I have yet to gain a single supporter after 10 years of doing quests and having high security.

How can Ai lords lose relationship with a supporting notable?
They don't most of the time, which is why notables switching support is so rare.

However, when a campaign is created, not all of the notables begin as supporters of a clan, so if you can quickly focus on a certain notable's relations you might be able to gain their support.

Back
Top Bottom