About Leadership skill

Users who are viewing this thread

Totally agree on number 1. Make the ability to lead army tied to clan tier level rather than being in a faction.

It's a nice idea, but who could you ask to join your army if not in a faction? Recruiting from major factions would bring up all kinds of problems, and you couldn't recruit mercenary factions either, because they don't spend any time as free agents, they immediately join a faction on leaving their last one.

I'm not sure how you haven't seen it, but bandits of all types surrender all the goddamned time in unmodded game, to the point I have difficulty finding someone to fight and level my troops. No need for any perk either.
You're right! If I take my 150-200 war party around they do in fact surrender most of the time!
I typically only have smaller parties of low tiers when I talk to them so I only ever saw looters surrender before.
I would like to know the requirement for their surrender as it would be more beneficial earlier in the game.... but might not be possible if you need a large party.
It's fun to fill garrisons with them though!

It's a nice idea, but who could you ask to join your army if not in a faction? Recruiting from major factions would bring up all kinds of problems, and you couldn't recruit mercenary factions either, because they don't spend any time as free agents, they immediately join a faction on leaving their last one.
You would use companions to form extra parties and add them to army. It's what people do to grind leadership without wasting influence as a vassal, but we want to do it as not-a-vassal too, since being a vassal sucks.

People running your clan parties. Also, mercenary factions do become free agents occasionally, there just isn't any kind of message or acknowledgement about it.

Ah of course, totally forgot companion parties. That makes the most sense out of all army compositions to be honest. I'd rather have my companions in my army than a bunch of nobles that hate my guts or some mercenaries that couldn't care less.

Ah of course, totally forgot companion parties. That makes the most sense out of all army compositions to be honest. I'd rather have my companions in my army than a bunch of nobles that hate my guts or some mercenaries that couldn't care less.
I only recently recalled their existance, and damn they are useful. Exept when they're hiring all kinds of rabble across the Calradia

You would use companions to form extra parties and add them to army. It's what people do to grind leadership without wasting influence as a vassal, but we want to do it as not-a-vassal too, since being a vassal sucks.

Yes, this. I find companion parties to be rather useless on their own. Well to be frank, they are probably on par with most other nobles running around getting captured by nobles, but recruited into your army they serve a purpose. They will level their stewardship as well which in the end means you can field many hundreds of soldiers yourself (no influence cost) quite easily making a formidable army to take on cities even. In my current playthrough each companion can field a bit less than 100 units each which together with my own ~220 gives around 500 units max without any other noble. Quite potent, almost borderline too good to be frank. But hey, I'm not complaining :smile:

They also seem to raid villages sometimes which can be bad for your relationship with the notables there. I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent that.

I have never taken a relations hit with villages that my companions raid. It is a fairly obvious -- bordering on obnoxious -- notification when your relations are dinged.

I have never taken a relations hit with villages that my companions raid. It is a fairly obvious -- bordering on obnoxious -- notification when your relations are dinged.
Well, I've had that happen a few times on the 1.4.2 beta. My relations with a few notables took a hit while my companion's party was at the enemy village, I can only conclude they were raiding it. I wish there was some option to set a guideline for you clan parties' behaviour.

Right now I solve it with having all of them in my army. I create parties just when I need an army and constantly have them near me so they can't raid or do anything without my consent. When I don't need an army anymore I just disband all the parties and take them in as companions again.

You cannot assemble armies if you are not a vassal or a king.

There is, of course, a mod for that. The mod is so useful that one has to wonder why the game doesn't always allow you to form an army. It's like being a vassals grants you magical powers or something.

You can't form an army. You become a vassal two minutes later. BAM! Now you can create an army. I mean, you are the same guy with the same skills. Only through the magic of vassalage shall ye lead!

:rolleyes:

Just in-case someone else hasn't mentioned it yet, the other problem with the leadership skill is the passive bonus itself. Since morale caps at 100, the bonus becomes worthless beyond a certain point. I think my bonus is 90ish by itself which means that just adding that to my base value and I would need like -30ish from "recent events" to go below 100.

it's been said on this thread before but I think creating armies as a non-vassal, only for your companion parties, would pretty much fix this issue in my eyes. It's kind of silly that you aren't able to do that in the first place, even without considering the leadership skill.

Back
Top Bottom