About infantry and stamina

You want a stamina system to make infantry better?

• yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • no

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • idk

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys, so im pretty deep in the game with about 150 hours, and I wanted to share and debate with you guys about infantry, because im a Vlandian lord with about 700 troops and not one of them is infantry. Half of them are sharpshooters and the other half is cavalry. Why? Well because if I can get ranged troops with big shields and 130 one handed skill I dont see the point of having infantry at all, because you can only really notice the skill level of one handed or two handed when going 1 vs 1 and no shield, that where you can see some awesome AI blocking. Otherwise it doesnt matter, if it has a shield and some armor thats okay for fighting.

So since I found infantry extremely useless unless they are carrying throwing weapons too, I was thinking that maybe there should be a stamina system in the game, because when there are clashes all you see is the AI spamming the button attack, and one way to make infantry more relevant in melee combat is to introduce stamina and make them good at it, while other troops types fighting in melee can do well, but they wont get to hit so often or so strong.

So anyway thats my thought about infantry and why they are irrelevant right now, there is also the issue of the formations but I believe that stamina should be implemented to balance them.

i think the problem is that weapon skill lvls dont mean enough in this game

they should determine weapon speed and damage

atm weapon skills give only minor bonuses to both

maybe ..... upkeep could be a factor to make infantry more useful

i think the problem is that weapon skill lvls dont mean enough in this game

they should determine weapon speed and damage

atm weapon skills give only minor bonuses to both

maybe ..... upkeep could be a factor to make infantry more useful

Yes, stamina would do nothing good.

Right now infantry is already kind of trash, unfortunately. It worked well in Viking Conquest, imho, but Viking Conquest has better formations AI/spears/etc. There's a surprising amount from VC that could of been better learned from for BL.

I can't keep any infantry in my army. Every fight I lose many infantry and seems like I always have ranged and cavalry surviving no problem. I was going to post today to ask which infantry units everybody is using because mine are constantly dying. Seems like sturgians have paper armour and shields or something.

whats up with all the people wanting to change to core things of m&b?

Its not really that radical. Viking conquest made it a toggable option and (imho) it worked quite decently and enhanced the game. But Viking Conquest also had way better formations/infantry AI.

The idea that the core mechanics are simply perfect and never need improvement is kind of odd. You can make a good argument against stamina, absolutely, but to just dismiss the idea outright because it wasn't in the original M&B isn't productive.

Its not really that radical. Viking conquest made it a toggable option and (imho) it worked quite decently and enhanced the game. But Viking Conquest also had way better formations/infantry AI.

The idea that the core mechanics are simply perfect and never need improvement is kind of odd. You can make a good argument against stamina, absolutely, but to just dismiss the idea outright because it wasn't in the original M&B isn't productive.
I think you are reading a bit too much in between the lines here, did i ever say i didn't want improvement in the game? did i say i was against stamina? i just said that I've seen a good number of posts about people wanting to change the game into something else.

By the way i don't care about stamina as long as they make it an option, everyone should be able to play as they prefer (same thing with autoblocking really)

Back
Top Bottom