About horses

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought a topic is needed where anyone can pout down his ideas about how horses could be somewhat improved or maybe introduce new breads bread them in your mannor or introduce camels for some civilisation. horses where afterall very important in warfair for millenniums ... :wink:

Hi, I hope its not a stupid suggestion but a stamina system for horses is the only thing that is realy needed.
And if thats not possible a little buff to the speed of unarmored and/or nerf to armored horses.

More isnt needed in this mod (and generaly Mount&Blade)

IgniFerroque said:
Hi, I hope its not a stupid suggestion but a stamina system for horses is the only thing that is realy needed.
And if thats not possible a little buff to the speed of unarmored and/or nerf to armored horses.

More isnt needed in this mod (and generaly Mount&Blade)
what do you mean by stamina system?

I'm surprised nobody has to say something about horses. War horses where expensive because they worth the money in the battlefield . Alexander the Grate conquered the known world at his time on his famous Buchefal and wen it died he founded a city to honor it at Pakistan if i remember well...

Jason L. said:
I'm surprised nobody has to say something about horses. War horses where expensive because they worth the money in the battlefield . Alexander the Grate conquered the known world at his time on his famous Buchefal and wen it died he founded a city to honor it at Pakistan if i remember well...

You can found a manor for your horse if you wish.

thomas, sometimes your irony is cruel  :lol:
I already said my ideas on horses....more hitpoint, stamina is a good idea (also for soldier if you think) and possibility to give an armour to horse (i don't know if is possible)

DrTomas said:
I lost my horse in last battle.And i buried my friend near manor.  :mrgreen:
idvzbt.jpg

DrTomas said:
Jason L. said:

good idea !!  thanks!! :smile:
Anyway you have to admit that some things said here and in other topics about horses are at least historically correct.... :smile:

What if we implement death option for players, so if the player dies he can respawn on his horse and keep playing?

The armored horses desperately need a buff. Not only that, mounted armored knights need a buff.
They were on the top of the food chain in the middle ages for a reason.
I understand that armor on a horse needs to have an affect, but armored horses were never slow, that would defeat
the whole point of having a horse in the first place. They couldn't maneuver well, or stop once in a full charge, but
nothing other than a braced spear could stand in its way either.
It would be more fair if an armored horse took longer to get up to speed, vs a destier, but what the hell is the point of even calling it a charge if its too slow to couch a lance, that's freaking pathetic.

Also since every man, woman and child on the battlefield apparently has a spear in their inventory and spears do extra damage to horses, their health and armor should be buffed too. I know this sounds unfair, but this is mount and blade, not holy crap why is my 115k horse is so freaking useless and blade.

Hey Baloney check out my thread about more powerful horses.  If you're interested, download my file and give it a shot...let me know what you think.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,260247.0.html

Godfrey de Ibelin said:
Since on topic of the horse, do horses get built back up after being lamed during battle?
Yes. (It depends on healing skill also i think) but they lose all previous abilities like being heavy or spirited or champion. Concider also the possibility that an already lame horse can get killed ...

What if there was penalty for the cavalry's loss of horses in battle?  Dead horses have to be replaced by similarly trained horses.  Loss of horses did erode armies.

Might increase chance of capturing horses after a battle?

Agree with option to limit horses unlimited  stamina.  Blown horses cost battles.  Quality horses run longer than nags.

Back
Top Bottom