About exporting character

Users who are viewing this thread

You can not export and import characters from one version of the game to another, unless they are compatible with eachother.

You can export any character from any game you have on your game now (lets assume its version 1.011) and alter the textfile and give it massive amounts of stats. Then you can import it again and smack around.

You can try, but it might be easier to export your character from the new game and fit the stats to those from your old character.
And you only get to export what you see in the character screen and gold, no equipment, no troops and so on.

Actually, you can change from version to version, by moving to original export .txt. to the new version charexport folder. Of course, some older versions don't have skills like engineer or looting, so you'll probably get 0 on those stats.

But after importing an old character you can export it again to change the skills that the old character did not have, right?

The whole idea of exporting and importing is to be able to keep your name and appearance, and along the way you can also alter the skills. So, to export from an old version (to keep name and appearance) to a new version is then possible, and if you want to have points in the new skills I assume you can just export the character again, alter the stats, and then import it...?

I don't know whether you CAN import your old character as the import/export also has a version, it might be incompatible.

• Start a new game with a new character with the same name and gender as your old character.
    If you want to start with a banner choose a noble.
  • Import your character.
    • If it works you are lucky and finished.
    • If it does not work you have to do things manually.
If you have to do it manually do these further steps:
  • Rename your old export file, if you don't it gets overwritten.
  • Export your new character.
  • Open that file and change the skill levels and whatever so that they resemble the old character. Don't forget to save the file.
  • Import your character.
Resume play.

I think I understand the "exporting bit" ,do you recomend I export my character to have him saved "just in case" o leave it be until I update ..or any other recomendation...

gracias

medulio said:
I think I understand the "exporting bit" ,do you recommend I export my character to have him saved "just in case" o leave it be until I update ..or any other recomendation...

gracias
Export before you upgrade, just to be save. As a character with the same name would overwrite that file you should also rename it.

Back
Top Bottom