About companion vassals

Users who are viewing this thread

I've heard that for example Lethaldiran gets noldor troops, Frederick gets Mettenheim troops. But so far just sarleon footfaces. Could any helpful soul out there help me out a bit?

Your companions do not give you special/unique troops, nor do they obtain these troops themselves when becoming vassals.

EDIT: Spelling Mistakes.

Ok, its odd as i've heard it was so. Odd also that i've actually saw mettenheim troops in the game( and even had them rescued from armies). It would be a nice feature, though. Can it be done through little modding?

Not sure about the modding bit you're gonna have to ask someone a bit more experianced than me. As for the Mettenheim troops, these guys often spawn as a (usually)hostile party of about 200-400 troops AFAIK.

It is also possible to save them and recruit them (except for those who are over Level 40), if, for some reason they end up as prisoners.

Several companions get a few special troops when you promote them to lords. Lethal gets some noldor, not many.. he had about 20 out of his 300 man army in my last game.. boadice can get some veccacia troops. Then freddy gets metten, donovan gets some barclay i believe, and adonja gets some mystmountain. Lots of info on this out there.

Give them more fiefs, and keep them from being defeated so they have time to build up the numbers. Even if you don't need the whole gang to besiege one castle take them. Then you know they are not rushing headfirst into the enemy marshal's army with no backup.

BeardyDan said:
Elegest said:
Your companions do not give you special/unique troops, nor do they obtain these troops themselves when becoming vassals.

EDIT: Spelling Mistakes.

:roll:

:oops: Looks like I messed up on that. Probably because I've never actually promoted any of my companions to lords. Apologies and thanks for the correction.

Elegest said:
:oops: Looks like I messed up on that. Probably because I've never actually promoted any of my companions to lords. Apologies and thanks for the correction.

To be fair, it's a reasonably new feature.  As in, possibly the latest 3.4x series of patches?

Back
Top Bottom