about character height

Users who are viewing this thread

Somnorila

Recruit
What are the implications of height? From what i gathered a tall one has more reach and moves faster on foot while a small one get's hit less while mounted and can swing lower from horse.
But from my experience a tall one seems to move slower than a small one, but it may be just the animation speed because of their size difference, smaller feet faster movement to maintain same speed as a tall one.
Another think i noticed is that regardless of size choice unnamed NPC's in battles or in tournaments all seem to have same size as my character. If i have a tall one most enemies seem to be of same size. Only with a tiny one i can notice a difference but is not way too obvious either. It would seem that characters size tends to follow your choice in order to not get funny differences.

You get a reach advantage and a slight ranged (with range weapons) advantage when you're tallest, tallest is much easier in combat, you can just wack many npcs in the head easily. it even easier to always see what enemies are doing. If you're smallest you may get hit in the head more often. Against the AI they will always hit or miss you the same regardless of size, because they're just cheaty bots that always shoot or attack where they should be able to hit you (except throwing weapons. because **** throwing weapons right TW? WHy should they be good?). Against MP YMMV, people may have preference for a size because against a human who is actually thinking, the appearance of size and animation can matter, maybe.

I remember than in old versione of the game every slash Attack of a tall character was Flying above the head of smaller character.
Being tall was good for archers while melee peope were dwarves

My experience has been that if you're tall it's easier to swing over a shield to whack somebody in the head, and if you're shorter it's easier to take cover behind your own guys' shields during that phase of the engagement when everybody is chucking javelins. The second one is handy if you don't want to carry a shield of your own.

Back
Top Bottom