About Captain Team Deathmatch...

Users who are viewing this thread

So I've been playing some CTD (not crash to desktop, though it was about to on several occasions...) this afternoon and there are a few things I'm not sure about. Since I can't find the game manual anywhere (is there a game manual?), I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to these questions.

-- Is there any way to resupply your men? For instance, I've got a line of musketmen, who exhaust their ammo, and then proceed to just stand around with their swords drawn. Is the only option at this point to send them to their deaths in order to get new men?

-- Does your squad replenish? Do the soldiers respawn after a while, or do you have to die to get a new squad?

And finally

-- Is it a bug that, sometimes, even though I can afford it, I spawn without a gun despite having purchased it in the equipment screen?

Thanks

Ceriy said:
Manual: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20269539/PDX8705US_MB_With_Fire_and_Sword_Onlinemanual.pdf

Thanks, I had already found this manual before release, but it doesn't say anything about multiplayer.

-- Is there any way to resupply your men? For instance, I've got a line of musketmen, who exhaust their ammo, and then proceed to just stand around with their swords drawn. Is the only option at this point to send them to their deaths in order to get new men?

Ye id think so

-- Does your squad replenish? Do the soldiers respawn after a while, or do you have to die to get a new squad?

Ye think they respawn with you

-- Is it a bug that, sometimes, even though I can afford it, I spawn without a gun despite having purchased it in the equipment screen?

Dnno but the amount of cash you have in Warband have always been really confusing

There you go hope it helped

King Harkinian said:
Are you sure you can afford it? If you haven't the cash for all your equipment it will either remove or degrade the equipment you have selected till you get something you can afford. Could be your other selections mean you don't have the money for the gun.

Archonsod said:
King Harkinian said:
Are you sure you can afford it? If you haven't the cash for all your equipment it will either remove or degrade the equipment you have selected till you get something you can afford. Could be your other selections mean you don't have the money for the gun.

Yes, I made sure I could. It only happened on one server, where they had set money to about 1700. My usual loadout was about 700 on a squad, 750 on a musket, and 200 on bullets, yet I only spawned with the free sword/shield. I also tried buying a cheaper musket, but it didn't work either, so I ended up scavenging a gun and ammo from one of my dead soldiers.

I've had similar issues where I was within budget, but inexplicably ended up with crappier equipment than I purchased.

Just thought I'd clarify the mysterious loss of equipment issue, since I think I can guess the cause. When you spawn, you only pay gold for the new members of your squad; you don't have to pay again for any that are still alive on the battlefield. Of course, this means that if one of your men dies while you're on the equipment screen, and you still have that guy selected from the squad selection screen, your squad cost will immediately increase by the cost of the extra man who has to be replaced. I haven't played enough to know whether the squad cost shown on the equipment screen gets updated correctly if your men die while you're looking at it, but either way your squad cost increasing without you noticing is the most likely explanation for seemingly spawning without the equipment you'd paid for.

Back
Top Bottom