About Calradia Rising and SantasHelper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambalon

Marquis
What in the nine hells happened to calradia rising and SantasHelper? Everything related to calradia rising just... vanished, along with SantasHelper.

People!

Calradia Rising is now gone forever, sadly!  :cry:

SantasHelper is gone, profile deleted.

And it had something to do with the selling mods, and paradox selling mods and so on. You can read about it here here, SantasHelper also deleted his posts from there.

So if you were a big CR fan, you will never get CR now.

Now 1 minute silence for that.  :wink:

ffffffffuuuuuu.jpg
So... How is britain at war coming? Since SantasHeleper was doing some coding and all...

I dont know yet cant figure out that before sunday or something like that next week.
I might get help with the invasion part, if you know who Kolba is, the creator of Land of Eternal Youth, will maybe help I have to think about it, but I recomend that you play the Fire Arrow mod, my mod will have the same stuff, if I can blend it in with my troops and items and all the other things.

And if I cant get it to work, it may be like native, like the beta is just more updated.

So I recommend trying the mod Fire Arrow.

Watch the progress report next week.  :wink:

I find it extremely confusing and some english mistakes make me want to stop playing the mod. So I probably wouldn't be playing Fire Arrow till a native speaker fixes a bit of the mod.

Ambalon said:
I find it extremely confusing and some english mistakes make me want to stop playing the mod. So I probably wouldn't be playing Fire Arrow till a native speaker fixes a bit of the mod.

The guy who made the Fire Arrow mod is japanese so that is the problem with the english.

It is confusing, but I got really used to it after playing awhile.

The whole santa situation is really surprising. I mean, calradia rising r3 was going to be released within a couple of months, and most of the mod had been completed, so what happened? It would be a bit more pacifying to know what were the reasons for his decision, paradox offered him money? they tried to sell his mod? Rathos, if you have a bit more of info it would be appreciated.

Bad news! Now I dont have this to look forward!

SirBombastic said:
The whole santa situation is really surprising. I mean, calradia rising r3 was going to be released within a couple of months, and most of the mod had been completed, so what happened? It would be a bit more pacifying to know what were the reasons for his decision, paradox offered him money? they tried to sell his mod? Rathos, if you have a bit more of info it would be appreciated.

Bad news! Now I dont have this to look forward!
BAW?
TLD?
268B.C?
1866?

I really dont know the whole story. SantasHelper and I pm each other every day atleast, and he pm me this.

Didn't knew you for long, but you got a lot of talents !

But some of the recent events at Taleworlds, and decisions made by Armagan force me to make a decision of my own, based on my conscience.

So I decided to stop all modding, trash the game and basically leave that  behind.
It's not as if there are not other things to do in life  :wink:

I'm sorry for the time it costed you, hopefully reusable on your italian project.

For the code I recommend a merge with Rucchi's fire arrow, it got most of the features you wanted. I believe you can merge it simply by merging carefully the text files.

The best way would be to go carefully section by section.
Start with the items, then the troops
I know it's a lot of work, it was on my side.

It just doesn't make sense for me to spend weeks of effort on this when I'm pretty much disgusted with Taleworlds/Armagan. I think it may be faster on your side if you keep to the essential. It's possible Rucchi may accept to do a simple thing or two for you if it fits his plan. for example invasions would be a small request I believe

On my side to be honest, I would have to restart from scratch, since I trashed everything (I guess I got more than a little upset)

I mean, this is a game, and if the owner of the company will behave that way, I got better things to do in life than stick arround such a mess.

The project themselves were going in a really great direction, but sometime.... you have to make a thought decision

Then he pmèd me things I dont want to share, anyway after that he said goodbye, and threw everything that had something to do with M&B + CR3.

I still don't get it. What did Armagan do? Is it related to the rumors of charging for mods? I've been absent for two weeks, so I don't really know whats happening.

Ambalon said:
I still don't get it. What did Armagan do? Is it related to the rumors of charging for mods? I've been absent for two weeks, so I don't really know whats happening.

Yes it has something to do with it.

I dont really know whats about Armagan, but there had to be something.

It's better to talk in other forums than in this,
they got it quite sumarized here
http://www.mountfanblade.com/index.php?s=570e477c8db43329bec7e6c0d61c4b99&setlang=en&cat=news

It's sad Santa went away. I had the most enjoyable discussions with him (and Equus) on this forum not to mention I waited a really long time to see r3 finished. Knowing how much work was put into this now apparently ex mod I can say MQB has been robbed of a great work.

After reading the articles I can understand what set Santa off. I find it charging money for mods unacceptible! It's a user created application shared freely to other users and anyone trying to take that from comunity is to be interrogated inquisition style and burned to death!!!!!!!

SXIII said:
It's sad Santa went away. I had the most enjoyable discussions with him (and Equus) on this forum not to mention I waited a really long time to see r3 finished. Knowing how much work was put into this now apparently ex mod I can say MQB has been robbed of a great work.

After reading the articles I can understand what set Santa off. I find it charging money for mods unacceptible! It's a user created application shared freely to other users and anyone trying to take that from comunity is to be interrogated inquisition style and burned to death!!!!!!!
He probably saved it and if it's decided that they aren't charging for mods he'll probably come back with it.

And ploting what kind of troyan gift to give Armagan for christmas  :mrgreen:

Santa if you read this... Good luck mate!

Well, not to go against the grain, but his reaction was total fail. Its a shame he felt so strongly about this that he nixed all his work. What he was was undoubtedly epic and I fail to see how the possible selling of mods would diminish it. It's still unclear why he destroyed his work, but whatever the reason it must have been something more serious than what I've read on the forums so far.

SXIII said:
After reading the articles I can understand what set Santa off. I find it charging money for mods unacceptable! It's a user created application shared freely to other users and anyone trying to take that from community is to be interrogated inquisition style and burned to death!!!!!!!

Why is it unacceptable? If no one who contributed is left out of the pool, and the dev/publishers don't take too much, why is the development and selling premium content by third parties bad? Even if they no longer offer a free version where do you get the moral authority to tell them what to do with the product of their time?

Any claim that this will hurt the community is bull****. Pure and unadulterated. If guys whose works are being sold want to share code it will still happen. Things are not going to change (outside of the occasional tantrum thrown by less than adult modders) once a mod has a price tag. The only thing that the community has lost is CR3, and Armagan & co. didn't delete it, Santashelper did.

So if you are in fact reading this, than you should be ashamed of yourself SH. And the rest of you naysayers need to find a new cause.

[/diatribe]

daumor said:
Well, not to go against the grain, but his reaction was total fail. Its a shame he felt so strongly about this that he nixed all his work. What he was was undoubtedly epic and I fail to see how the possible selling of mods would diminish it. It's still unclear why he destroyed his work, but whatever the reason it must have been something more serious than what I've read on the forums so far.

SXIII said:
After reading the articles I can understand what set Santa off. I find it charging money for mods unacceptable! It's a user created application shared freely to other users and anyone trying to take that from community is to be interrogated inquisition style and burned to death!!!!!!!

Why is it unacceptable? If no one who contributed is left out of the pool, and the dev/publishers don't take too much, why is the development and selling premium content by third parties bad? Even if they no longer offer a free version where do you get the moral authority to tell them what to do with the product of their time?

Any claim that this will hurt the community is bull****. Pure and unadulterated. If guys whose works are being sold want to share code it will still happen. Things are not going to change (outside of the occasional tantrum thrown by less than adult modders) once a mod has a price tag. The only thing that the community has lost is CR3, and Armagan & co. didn't delete it, Santashelper did.

So if you are in fact reading this, than you should be ashamed of yourself SH. And the rest of you naysayers need to find a new cause.

[/diatribe]

From what i make out of it, you got it on the wrong end. The company takes full claim and earns on the back of the modders itself. That is what i make out of it. Like the people who given all there free time to make a mod like native expansion and along comes paradox who then earn money from what the team of native expansion created and the native team would get didly back. That alone will make any modder angry no ?? Please correctly if i am wrong. But that is what i make of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom