About archery..

Users who are viewing this thread

So, i read about how op it is and i wonder....how the heck is it op? I am trying to start a new sword and bow character, but bow sucks too much. Really. Can't kill anyone, and shooting on horse back is simply a PAIN.

Any tip for a noob archer?

git gud

On a serious answer. Bow is the weakest ranged weapon in the early stage of the game, compared to crossbow and firearm. But, at end game, bow DPS exceed the crossbow and firearm, the reason is there's a power draw skill for bow. And bow is the fastest weapon than the other ranged weapon. The final damage maybe is not that different from firearm or top tier crossbow, but the  speed make the DPS higher and in the hand of player and in siege defense where you get arrow every few minutes, you can shoot till the end of siege never worried about running out of arrows. And don't force me to talk about sapphire rune bow.

And please ask this kind of question in Quick Questions//Quick Answers thread. Not making a new thread.

Tip #1-Don't focus on using the bow at low levels, use your melee weapon and put all your development points into archery skills.

Practice different styles of shooting, like kiting a bunch of bandits while you pick them off.  Try charging the target and firing just before the horse rams into him, if your lucky the enemy will raise his shield to strike and get hit by an arrow and a sweaty horse  :wink:

I'm pretty sure there are loads of forum posts/guides on this, you just need to find the one that floats your boat  :smile:

Before 5 Power Draw and 150+ weapon profs, I don't even start using bows. I just go for considerably high weapon master (6+) and put the distributable weapon prof points from level-ups into archery or on what is the lowest currently. After that point, the 3 most important things are to practice, practice and practice.

Zapper said:
Any tip for a noob archer?

Don't play an archer. Have high Power Strike first of all to use lance and melee weapons, only then you can invest in Power Draw. Archery is only powerful when you have PD 6 and can use Noldor Composite Bow at least. There is no point in limiting yourself prioritizing archery over melee weapons - it's an auxiliary option for certain battle types while melee weapons can (and should) be used anytime.

Take the cabbage from Rane chest, find the travelling merchant that sells potions, grab the elexir.
Ask about rumors in taverns, at some point youre gonna get a location for a red brotherhood hideout. Equip the heaviest armor you can afford and 2 shields, go in, run straight to the chest at the end of the valley ignoring anything else, grab the cabbage, repeat point 1.
After that you should be able to utilize bows just fine assuming you invested in power draw.

Bows are OP in late game, where you can dish out hundreds of damage with your ruby bow, one shotting like 99% of population by body shot.  To hit from the horseback you need high skills, high profs,  most accurate bow and little practice.

Back
Top Bottom