SP - General Ability to Disallow/Implement Policy for "No Raiding"

Users who are viewing this thread

Joseef

Recruit
Having your companions burn a village and slaughter all it's people as you're stuck in a siege to capture it's parent castle isn't fun. I would like for Bannerlord to have a toggle-able "no raiding" feature. I figure this could work in at least one of two ways (if not both):

1. Have a "tick box" feature under the "Clan" tab that specifies whether companion party AI's are allowed to raid enemy villages. The player could have this on or off at any given time.

2. Have a kingdom policy that disallows raiding, with logical consequences. My suggestion would be something along the lines of +1 militia to fortresses/cities, +1 loyalty, etc (since the people are both grateful and more populous due to the lack of raiding). However, your kingdom would lose all benefits related to raiding, such as weakening enemy strongholds/economy, or collecting raided loot.

I think this feature could really add to gameplay, both from a role-playing and pragmatic perspective. For a "moral ruler" who wants their people to prosper, they could choose to minimize their future kingdom's losses by solely targeting the strongholds and not the people themselves. For a cold, calculating warlord, they could spare their economy to prevent the city-wide food shortages that inevitably stem from a lack of food-producing villages. Either way it adds a layer of depth that would give players more control and ultimately make the game more interesting.

I totally agree.
It should have been a policy option.
AI already spams war declarations , i dont want my companions/lords to start even more without me being able to control it.

Raiding just doesn't make much sense to me. You slaughter the people, ruin families, get piddly loot, then capture the parent town and.... everyone hates you. And they should. Plus now your economy's wrecked. It just doesn't make sense that your vassals do this by default. There's no real positive at all. Having some more time to consider it, I think it should definitely be preventable through policy.

Agreed. Also I think as a part of kingdom management, policies should most if not all be meaningful or have a actual impact in game like this one. Current policies is mostly just modifiers with a name, although they are pretty accurate base on the concept.

Raiding just doesn't make much sense to me. You slaughter the people, ruin families, get piddly loot, then capture the parent town and.... everyone hates you.

This happened in real life, though. The Livonian Chronicle by Henry of Latvia describes how the Christian crusaders raided, tortured and killed villagers in the Baltics, eventhough the same crusaders later established themselves as the lords over those lands.

This happened in real life, though. The Livonian Chronicle by Henry of Latvia describes how the Christian crusaders raided, tortured and killed villagers in the Baltics, eventhough the same crusaders later established themselves as the lords over those lands.
That doesn't mean it has to happen, you can choose not to allow it.

That doesn't mean it has to happen, you can choose not to allow it.

I know and I'd also like this kind of policy added to the game.

And I think there should be less raiding overall. If a faction is planning to take over a settlement soon, then they shouldn't raid the villages, unless if the army was starving.

This is a great idea. Tactically, I feel like it would also make your kingdom a powerhouse without all your little punk lords grinding themselves into red paste on their failed raids, or even wasting their time on successful ones when they could be banding together to take another fief.

More generally, you should be able to give limited, vague directions to friendly parties in war time w/out the policy system. E.g. "Patrol X region" or "Raid Y region" or "Seek out enemy parties". Agree that you should have some indirect control over friendly party actions (not micromanagement, but general instruction) but it shouldn't have to be through policy, right?

Totally agree to make it a top-down order to your companion and vassals. Right now the game is really giving you terribly few options to let you establish your own style as a leader. Without mods, I cannot even give orders to my companion parties and vassals.

Totally agree to make it a top-down order to your companion and vassals. Right now the game is really giving you terribly few options to let you establish your own style as a leader. Without mods, I cannot even give orders to my companion parties and vassals.

what mod are you using which allows you to instruct friendly parties/ armies?[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom