SP - UI Ability to create a new save slot with a file name that has been used already and be asked to replace existing save file

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, thanks again for an amazing game!

Unfortunately, one thing that I end up wasting a lot of time on in the game is looking for old game save files. As most Bannerlord users, I save the game quite frequently. My problem is that if I want to create a new save slot with a save file name I have used previously, for example "Pen Cannoc", the "Done" button under the "Name your save file" field "grays/greys out" and the game will not allow me to create a save slot with the name "Pen Cannoc". That means that if I absolutely want to create a new save slot by the name of "Pen Cannoc", I have to browse down through my hundreds of save slots to find the one named "Pen Cannoc", click that save slot, press the "Save" button and then confirm the action by clicking the "Yes" button in the "Overwrite" dialogue box that pops up asking "Do you want to overwrite this saved game?".

I would like you to change the game save system so that if I click "Create New Save Slot" and enter a name (for example "Pen Cannoc") for the new save file that already exists as a name for a previous save slot, the "Done" button does not "gray/grey out", but instead allows me to click it and then give me a dialogue box pop up saying something like: "You already have a save slot with this file name/name / named "Pen Cannoc", do you want to overwrite this saved game?".
This change would save me, and I am sure countless other "Bannerlords", many wasted hours looking through our hundreds of game saves for old save slots to overwrite.

PS! It would be even greater if you also could add a search feature to the game save mechanic/window so it is possible to search for save slots containing specific words.

Thank you!
Kind regards
Stache73

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom