SP - UI Ability to change equipment during sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Good morning everyone!

I believe it would be beneficial to have the ability to change the gear load-out in sieges. Many times I start a siege and forget that I still have the wrong weapons for the situation (ie: a lance, a horse). Although this might be just how I play the game, my battlefield load-out is different from my siege load-out.

I think this could be implement in two ways:

1) Have a tab in the inventory screen (similar to the battle and civilian outfit tabs) named siege outfit.
-You set your gear once and it applies to all sieges (defending and attacking).

2) Have a "chest" in the siege camp that a player can open to change their gear.
-Make the "chest" very obvious (and/or near the spawn location of the player).

Between the two options, #1 is the one I believe is the best. If option #2 is already implemented, I did not notice it yet.

Any thoughts, questions, clarification and concerns are welcomed. :smile:

Thank you for your attention and amazing job on the game!

Taken from my post to a similar suggestion.

siege-example.jpg

Something like this could be implemented. The greyed out items are the ones from the battle load out and so you can drop any item to change it for the siege load out. That way there is no need to duplicate the items, the sword here is glowing because it replaced the one from the battle load out. Any changes you make to battle loadout such as armor could be visible in siege load out unless you manually change it.

This is I believe best approach since combat on horseback with one handed weapon is really pain and not fun at all. But if armors are the same as on the battle tab and only the weapon slots can be changed. Otherwise we have to buy new armor set again which is make no sense.

This is I believe best approach since combat on horseback with one handed weapon is really pain and not fun at all. But if armors are the same as on the battle tab and only the weapon slots can be changed. Otherwise we have to buy new armor set again which is make no sense.
No I've explained how that works. All the items will be visible in the siege loadout screen unless you manually replace an item, all the items will be greyed out and will be used in siege. If you want to replace anything you will have to drop the new item to the slot and thats it. No item duplication is needed, If you want to use the sword or any other item from your battle loadout simply dont drop any items to the slots on the siege loadout. Greyed items you see are from the battle load out and will be used in siege as well, That counts for the weapons as well and that way you dont have to use the siege loadout screen if you dont want to. You wont be able to take off the greyed out items from the siege loadout as they are bound to the battle loadout. This is actually a very similar approach to "outfit" designers of some MMORPG games like Star wars the old republic etc.

Last edited:
No I've explained how that works. All the items will be visible in the siege loadout screen unless you manually replace an item, all the items will be greyed out and will be used in siege. If you want to replace anything you will have to drop the new item to the slot and thats it. No item duplication is needed, If you want to use the sword or any other item from your battle loadout simply dont drop any items to the slots on the siege loadout. Greyed items you see are from the battle load out and will be used in siege as well, That counts for the weapons as well and that way you dont have to use the siege loadout screen if you dont want to. You wont be able to take off the greyed out items from the siege loadout as they are bound to the battle loadout. This is actually a very similar approach to "outfit" designers of some MMORPG games like Star wars the old republic etc.

Ouch! :facepalm: When you missed whole explanation... Anyway I'm sorry you had to explain it a second time.

@Aruda That is an amazing idea! It is pretty much what I was thinking, you just went into finer details. I really hope the Devs are going to take your suggestion to heart. This would be a great QoL improvement to the game.

Or you could just get your act together and think about it before you seige?
I even change my sections around before a seige too. Split my crossbows into a separate group and let them clear the walls before going up ladders.
In warband you had no baggage chest in seiges... only in field battles. But improving something is great... just not making it arcade easy.

I love the idea of expanded equipment sets. I ALWAYS forget that I changed things around for a siege etc. and end up with useless weapons in the next battle.
I would go further and request a set for Hideouts too.

Back
Top Bottom