SP - Battles & Sieges Abandoning a battle/defeat of parties - some thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

toady12345

Recruit
There are times when you join a big battle where it is going badly. Currently you can abandon the battle and take all your wounded with you. This should be altered as follows:

1) If you are losing a battle you are not going to be able to pick up your wounded and leave with them - they should be lost to the enemy (unless your side end up being the eventual victors in which case you should get some back as the parties disperse).

2) If you abandon a battle then that should cause an automatic debuff with the lords fighting in that battle as you leave them to their untimely demise.

3) If you are wounded in the battle and manage to retreat then you should have to lose men to save you.

4) When retreating your force their should be the chance for the enemy to chase down your retreating men (as you can when their men retreat) meaning you can't automatically retreat everyone who is alive/wounded in a battle.

5) An army's/party's defeat should not always result in the complete destruction of the party/army. There should be a chance for some of the survivors to reform away from the scene of the battle (this should be possible for your party also under certain circumstances such as high tactics/leadership or large numbers are companions survive to lead the remaining men while you are indisposed).

I like number 5 especially, as that would give a certain amount of balance for us players. I understand there are some balance reasons why the lords are able to "respawn" with magical troops created from the ether, but if I as the player at least had a chance to start back up with some of my troops an ironman playthrough would be far more attractive.

Yep, agree on 5.

The challenge would be in making the defeat strategically meaningful - while also creating an opportunity for the defeated party to replenish and reform slowly w/out being annihilated.

Maybe all dead lost, most wounded in battle lost, and all not wounded in battle become wounded on the campaign map - and the party appears a long distance away from the battle site?

How far away the party appears could be based on scout as well, so if you and your companions dont have a healthy chunk in leadership, tactics, and scout between you, you're more likely to get run down again.

Back
Top Bottom