AAR: Me, Floris | Completed | Chapter 60 & Epilogue posted (19-09-2015)

Users who are viewing this thread

artifex: My game surely isn't an exception to the hate-Plais-rule :wink:. But the strange thing is that he fought merrily and fierce besides me, even while having a relationship of -100 with him.

CounterPoint391: Ow my, I made him lord of my neighbouring city of Rivacheg. What have I done?

vonskyme: I hope that quite a lot keep it up. It's nice to see so many stories sprouting on the forum. And just go for it: as long as you enjoy writing it and some people like to read it, it's a success :smile:.

Lord Barrett: It's actually ridiculous that I almost tripled my renown just by giving some parties. I'm afraid that in a hundred years time people won't remember Harlaus as the party king, but Floris. But it's indeed good to finally join the better known people of Calradia :smile:.
Haha, nice title, Lord of the AARs. Thank you :smile:. It feels good to see so many starting to write their own. I hope they surely keep it up, and I hope to see more. I'm waiting for the One who forfills your goal :wink:.

Hi monnikje,

Thoroughly enjoying your AAR!

How do you manage with the feasts? I am running 1.113 with Diplomacy 1.10.something and I run into the feast bug where every feast as king and marshall and king and not marshall stops immediately ....

Cheers,

T.

Tegetthoff said:
Hi monnikje,

How do you manage with the feasts? I am running 1.113 with Diplomacy 1.10.something and I run into the feast bug where every feast as king and marshall and king and not marshall stops immediately ....

Cheers,

T.

Feasts are still bugged in 1.122, so my best advice is to avoid feasts until they make the final fix. Right now, the only way to hold a feast is Being King and appoint some other Lord as Marshal.

Problems when player organizes a feast as marshal and ruler

(On patch 1.122 feasts were partially fixed, now they don't end immediately, BUT now feasts are ENDLESS as long as You are King and Marshal or King with no marshal appointed)

ramonb said:
Tegetthoff said:
Hi monnikje,

Cheers,

T.

Feasts are still bugged in 1.122, so my best advice is to avoid feasts until they make the final fix. Right now, the only way to hold a feast is Being King and appoint some other Lord as Marshal.

Problems when player organizes a feast as marshal and ruler

(On patch 1.122 feasts were partially fixed, now they don't end immediately, BUT now feasts are ENDLESS as long as You are King and Marshal or King with no marshal appointed)

Yeah, I ran into that in 1.122. If you are marshall starting a new campaign seems to end it properly (quest completes successfully and you get rep) but otherwise the freeloaders won't leave.

I don't know if I had encountered a bug, but I managed to hold 4 feasts per day (on average). That's why I was able to hold 63 feasts in just a few weeks. I noticed they ended pretty quickly, so I decided to hold more. And more. And more... It certainly helped me to get my relation with Plais above zero (it was pretty strange that we were arch enemies, and he still fought side by side with me on my campaigns).
Many of the feasts I didn't enter: I just 'waited in town' until I got the messages that my lords got a +2 on their relation with me.
Good to know: I am king, I am marshal and my wife Nelda is prime minister. I didn't change this during the feasts.

monnikje said:
I don't know if I had encountered a bug, but I managed to hold 4 feasts per day (on average). That's why I was able to hold 63 feasts in just a few weeks. I noticed they ended pretty quickly, so I decided to hold more. And more. And more... It certainly helped me to get my relation with Plais above zero (it was pretty strange that we were arch enemies, and he still fought side by side with me on my campaigns).
Many of the feasts I didn't enter: I just 'waited in town' until I got the messages that my lords got a +2 on their relation with me.
Good to know: I am king, I am marshal and my wife Nelda is prime minister. I didn't change this during the feasts.

LOL, ok so it is official Harlaus is no longer the party king.

Hey Monn, question I've been meaning to ask for a long time, how come you don't use the books? It isn't like you are hurting for cash and it is amazing how much reading you can get done while training peasants or building siege towers  :twisted:

monnikje said:

How did you get the lords into town? I am king and marshal like you, with wife as prime minister, assembled my party in front of my capital Dhirrim and had a last party before setting out to kick the Nords around but had may lords sitting outside grumbling. Had to drink all the wine myself ...

Probably little use trying to out-trick a bug, have to wait for 1.12x..

Cheers,

T.

Been reading it for good fun :smile:
Read this warband all way back from page 63 for usefull info. But this thread is just win.
Btw, what do you think of the racial/cultural troop balances?
Are the nord archers way too weak, and veagir archers way too strong for instance?

I also got a question, something metagame, which you already got ahead of, so you're the expert here :wink:

How did you combine the Diplomacy and Epic Heraldy mods (with native)?
I get 2 individual mods, next to native. Which does not seem usefull as I still run native.

Cheers!
*Dutch ftw :grin:

Kellick: Actually, books hadn't crossed my mind very often. And the few times I looked around in the tavern to check out the book merchant, I decided to spent the trade money on equipment for my companions instead on books.

Lord Brutus: It's too late to hide it now: the monster has broken loose! Ow, and a nice quote from Frankenstein:
Mary Shelley said:
"Man," I cried, "how ignorant art thou in thy pride of wisdom!"

COGlory: You can't stay behind :mrgreen:.

Tegetthoff: I commanded them around. First I rode through the lands and said to each lord I encountered to follow me. I rode much faster than the group, so once in a while I stopped while pressing the space bar, so even the slowest could catch up. Once I got them all at Khudan, I spoke with them all and gave them the order: 'Go to...' and selected 'Khudan'. After I had done that, they all went into town. I noticed that not all the lords were visible in the great hall, but still all of them got the bonus once the feast was done.

Ow, and very important: Once every two days I had to order them all to follow me, so they'd leave the place. Once outside I ordered them back in Khudan. If I didn't do this, they would all leave the city after two days and go their own way.

Mno: You surely read a lot more than I have! 63 pages is a lot. Thanks :smile:.

Here is an incomplete list with the stats from the best units from the different kingdoms. You can compare them yourself, as I have done quite a while ago:

Type    Kingdom    Name    Lvl / Hp    Str / Agi / Int / Cha    IF / PS / PT / PD / WM / S / A / R / HA    One / Two / Pol / Arc / Cro / Thr
ArchersRhodoksRhodoks Sharpshooter25 / 5914 / 14 /  9 /  8  5 /    4 /    0 /    0 /      0 / 4 / 6 /  1 /    0130 / 110 / 120 /    0 / 140 /      0
SwadiaSwadian Sharpshooter24 / 5821 /  8 /  6  /  9  1 /    3 /    1 /    3 /      0 / 0 / 2 /  2 /    1120 / 100 / 110 /    0 / 130 /      0
NordsNord Veteran Archer19 / 5615 / 10 /  7 /  7  3 /    1 /    0 /    3 /      1 / 0 / 4 /  0 /    0115 /  95 / 105 / 120 /      0 /      0
SarranidsSarranid Master Archer
KhergitsKhergit Veteran Horse Archer21 / 5112 / 11 /  8 / 10  2 /    0 /    3 /    4 /      0 / 0 / 1 /  7 /    5  90 /    90 /  90 / 218 /    90 /    90
VaegirsVaegir Marksman24 / 6122 /    8 /  6 /  8  2 /    0 /    1 /    4 /      0 / 0 / 4 /  0 /    0100 /  80 /    90 / 140 /      0 /      0
MercenaryMercenary Crossbowman19 / 4811 /    7 /  9 / 12  1 /    0 /    0 /    1 /      0 / 1 / 4 /  2 /    3110 /  90 / 100 /      0 / 120 /      0
CavalrySwadiaSwadian Knight28 / 5916 / 13 / 10 /  9  4 /    4 /    0 /    0 /      1 / 3 / 0 /  5 /    0150 / 130 / 140 /    0 /      0 /      0
SarranidsSarranid Mamluke25 / 5815 /  9 / 12 /  9  4 /    5 /    0 /    0 /      0 / 3 / 0 /  5 /    0150 / 130 / 140 /    0 /      0 /      0
KhergitsKhergit Lancer23 / 4910 / 13 /  8 / 12  2 /    2 /    2 /    2 /      0 / 2 / 1 /  6 /    1120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120
VaegirsVaegir Knight26 / 5312 / 12 /  9 / 13  3 /    3 /    0 /    0 /      0 / 2 / 1 /  5 /    0130 / 130 / 130 / 130 / 130 / 130
MercenaryMercenary Cavalry25 / 5615 /    9 /  9 / 12  3 /    3 /    1 /    0 /      0 / 3 / 0 /  5 /    1120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120 / 120
Sword Sister
InfantryRhodoksRhodok Sergeant24 / 6011 / 15 / 10 /  8  7 /    5 /    0 /    0 /      0 / 5 / 5 /  1 /    0130 / 130 / 130 / 130 / 130 / 130
SwadiaSwadian Sergeant25 / 5514 / 10 / 11 / 10  3 /    6 /    0 /    0 /      0 / 3 / 4 /  1 /    0155 / 135 / 145 /      0 /      0 /      0
NordsNord Huscarl28 / 6013 /  8 / 14 / 13  6 /    7 /    5 /    0 /      0 / 5 / 6 /  2 /    0145 / 145 / 145 / 145 / 145 / 145
SarranidsSarranid Guard25 / 5514 /  9 / 11 / 11  3 /    3 /    0 /    0 /      1 / 3 / 5 /  1 /    1155 / 135 / 145 /      0 /      0 / 100
VaegirsVaegir Guard
MercenaryHired Blade25 / 5411 / 11 / 12 / 11  4 /  4  /    0 /    0 /      0 / 4 / 5 /  3 /    0130 / 130 / 130 / 130 / 130 / 130

I think both the Swadian Knights and Sarranid Mamlukes do really well on their horses, but once unmounted I think the Sarranids are better. That's why I walk around with 25 mamlukes :smile:. For an all-out cavalry army it can be good too to have some Khergit Veteran Horse Archers around: mounted archers are in such case very handy. For the rest I always just stuck with the Swadian troops.

I installed the Diplomacy mod, which gave a new mod folder next to native. Then I read the instructions in the Epic Heraldy Mod and applied them to the Diplomacy mod. When I start up the game launcher, I select the Diplomacy mod instead of native, and voila, I launch the game with these two mods.
In other cases where the mod doesn't give you a complete overhaul of the native module, I advise you to make a copy of your complete native folder and name it 'native revised' or something like that. Apply all your mods to that. If you screw something up, or don't like the mod, you can always undo it by grabbing the original files from the native directory.
I noticed one small problem after combining these mods: my troop advisor is now standing naked in my great hall. For the rest I noticed no problems.

*Medieval Dutch ftw :wink:*

Have some free time on hands  :mrgreen:
And I started the game, and least to say... I've been playing too much DoTa and Starcraft/Diablo.

Got some complete list on these forums somewhere, but sometimes experiences count for more :wink:
I am fond of starting in Swadia, because I feel the knights are very good in an companion/knight army. And the Swadians can lose/die extremely fast (all-border-war). Giving me a decent chance too take a city and a castle (while they fight with other factions), and lure some swadian lords, before killing them off.

After that I take on either Nords or Vaegirs for siege troops.

Diplomacy mod, check. Added Epic Heraldry mod, check. Added all other prefered mods, almost check.
Hoping my previous games stay saved, check.
Didn't bother making a native back-up, double check (I'm lazy in that regard)

@ the comment regarding the troop advisor... he or she? :wink:

*Sometimes I (day)dream about being in that time  :roll:*

Keep the AAReports coming, you're turning into a legend, rolemodel and globe of inspiration as it seems. To me... you're still dutch, and we just rule  :cool:

Lightning edit, thank you for the respons how too make 1 perfect mod :smile:

Chapter 37: Blitzkrieg
15 November 1259

Dear Diary,

Bread and games. That's what the Romans gave their people, and is exactly what I give my nobles. I had to interrupt the war with the Khergit to bring some financial order to my treasury, but in the end I winded up giving a few weeks of nonstop partying for my nobles. They loved me for it. Then, on 10 November, I interrupted the feasting for the games: I had declared war on the Khergit, and needed my nobles to follow me into battle. I gathered a small army myself, including 75 of my best sharpshooters, and lead the way over the mountains, directly to a big price: Ichamur. Sanjar khan had to know that I was back, and what better to get his attention than to conquer one of his two remaining cities?

The earth thundered while we crossed the mountains. 2025 men were walking and riding along me: an army I had never seen before in Calradia. The organisation was very strict, and every night I walked to all the nobles to get them in line again. Also we moved pretty slow. But luckily the Khergit were my neighbours, so we didn't have to go very far. On the 11th We arrived before the gates of Ichamur, and laid siege immediately. Quickly we builded ladders, and four hours later my army stormed the well-defended city. Although the Khergit defended fierce, they were no match for such a large and organised army. I lost no-one, and my allies 39 men, while the enemy had 211 casualties. Since I didn't want to consolidate yet, but wanted to blitzkrieg on, I left lord Crahask, who was wounded, with his army in Ichamur and continued my march.

037a.png

Together with some brave allies I stormed the palace in Ichamur and claimed it mine.

I marched towards Tulga, the Khergit capital, but when I was barely under way, I heard a cry from lord Crashak: some Khergit nobles were laying siege to my freshly conquered Ichamur. So I turned around, and scared them away. They ran quicker than I could persue them, with an enormous army to keep in line, so I let most of them go. Only Kramuk noyan rode in the direction of Tulga, so I persued him, and since he still loved Sanjar khan, I engaged him in battle. Needles to say I won easily, but since we were friends who had found each other on the opposite side of the battlefield, I let him go after I captured him.

When I looked away from my departing friend, I noticed an enormous dust cloud coming from Tulga, riding in the direction of Ichamur. The Khergit had gathered their main army, and were on their way to free their city. It had been quite a shock for them: no-one before me had managed to conquer anything within their sacred mountains. Of course I couldn't let them take it back, so I intercepted them and engaged in the largest battle since I arrived in Calradia. I brought in 1526 men (too bad there were some slow lords who didn't make it in time), while the enemy had 1349. I had less men cavalry than I wanted, but still there were enough riders to follow me to the flanks of the enemy. We charged, and defeated many of the Khergit. But we weren't there yet.  So we rode again, and again: I lead in total 9 waves of attacks. Unfortunately I fell myself by the hand of an enemy sharpshooter. When I finally woke up, I heard from my close men that after my fall the army rode another 9 times against each other before the Khergit main army finally was defeated. The losses had been heavy. On our side 386 men had been wounded and 529 had been killed, and 3 had run away, while on the Khergit side 182 had been wounded and 1105 had been killed, and 62 had run away. But the victory not only destroyed their army: I also managed to capture Brula noyan, Druli noyan and Sanjar khan himself. All three became my prisoners.

037b.png

More than half of the men who entered the largest battle of Calradia died that day, but in the end the entire Khergit main army was wiped away, while Holland had still enough men to conquer the khanate.

The attack had destroyed the Khergit's defence. Two lords' armies had escaped the slaughter, and were heading towards Ichamur, so I went back. Not only to destroy them, but also to sell my prisoners and to heal myself and my companions. Before we reached the city, we caught up with Urumuda noyan, whom we defeated with our army. Too bad I wasn't able to participate in the attack myself, but my men did well anyway. They even captured Urumuda and his friend Tansugai, who I added to my collection of captured Khergit nobles. Some lords decided it was better to wander off, but most of them stuck with me. We spend the night in Ichamur and marched again with the first light to Tulga.

Most of the Khergit lords who had escaped that huge battle the day before, had fled to Tulga. I had cornered them, and started with my men immediately the siege. The ladders were prepared after four hours, and soon my men swarmed the place. The fight wasn't difficult, since those Khergit nobles hadn't had time to find themselves a new army yet. Once the walls were breached and my men ran through the streets, I searched every corner for those defending lords. Unfortunately they all had escaped. That didn't matter, because I still had conquered their two cities and had their khan in custody.

037c.png

The city of Tulga didn't pose much of a hindrance, although all the enemy nobles did escape.

After I conquered this city, I ordered all my nearby men to stay in there, while I rode back to Khudan to drop off my captured nobles and refresh some of my fallen men. When I returned, I helped out my men defending Ichamur against Imirzan noyan, who I captured and dragged along to Khudan. Now I'm back in my most recent conquest. After just less than a week the Khergit have no cities, no army and no leader. It's time to finish them off.

037d.png

Gameplay notes
I tried the main battle first with a battle size of 1000, but unfortunately the game crashed. Then I tried it at 300, but now the game crashed just after the battle, just before I could save. So in the end I decided to use the official game maximum of 150. This resulted in me fighting many different battles, which I unfortunately didn't survive. During the ninth fight a loose arrow hit me in the head and I fell down. Another 9 battles were necessary to ensure victory: if I had survived, I think I could have done it in less. Too bad.
Here is a picture of Floris' current stats:
037e.png

As you can see, the Khergit lost their cities. They only have six castles left.
037f.png

Interesting to see Khergits fall from grace, from all conquering horde to now battered and broken and stuck to a few castles... Next target nords to try and unify your kingdom as a solid foundations rather than it being essentially 3 parts after you destroy the remaining Khergits?

I've only just started reading this thread, but I just wanted to say how cool the amount of effort you put into it is. I really enjoy reading it. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom