AAM - Guide to sucess V1

Users who are viewing this thread

Arch

Master Knight
This is a basic guide to the Astorionar Adventure Mod. WARNING: This will spoil parts of the game, use at your own risk.

Also, please try to play the mod yourself before resorting to this, I feel it is more exciting when you do it yourself, although, I did need quite a bit of help... :oops:

NOTE: The places that I write tip, means it's optional and is not needed for the plot to advance, but it is recommended that you do it, for it may help you later. Oh and the pictures are not up yet, I'll get them up ASAP.

1)You start out the mod with a quick story of the mod, then you  chose whatever stats you want.

2)You will be a dude with linen cloth, and your village gets raided. You can fight as hard as you want to, but you will lose in the end.

3)You will awake and your village is burned to the ground, from this point, you go to a nearby village to your relatives house. Don't waste your time going to the training field. You'll go there soon.

4)Talk to Uncle William, he is easily found because he is right by the village elder. He is by the pile of supplies. Once you finish talking to him about everything, use your new wealth to buy the cheapest food available. You can now head over to John's Training Field.
If you want, you can hire some recruits, but be warned, the law of the land prevents you from having over ten troops. Mercenaries can prove more useful than them, but the knights latter on can kick some ass. A trick I do if I'm hiring recruits is getting a quest from the elder, that way, they'll give you more recruits. Plus, you don't have to finish the quest. :twisted:

5)Talk to John, he's be a general jackass and won't give you a sword. Defeat him and his "experts fighters" and get his sword. Don't waste your time to talk to him afterward, you won't need see him for a long time. Remember to equip your short sword! Now, off to Landanaes.
If you encounter the knight deserters, GIVE THEM THE MONEY! It'll cut your gold, but save your life.

But if you encounter looters, fight them, try to make as many things as possible before getting to Landanaes. Who knows, you might even find some OK gear?

6)Go to the tavern and then leave. Outside you'll find Fred. He'll want you to get some wine. If your lucky, it'll be available there. If not, go to the nearby cities and villages for it.
If you see any companions, talk to them for fun and hear their speech.  The speech is the same for all companions though, so don't waste your time talking to all of them.
If there is a man named Bard there, take a note of it, he'll be needed later.
If you see a book merchant, talk to him, read the Easter eggs there.
If your so lucky as to have the tournament there, try it out! But remember, it will be tough, especially with your current skill level.
If your lucky enough to have all of these there, your a lucky person. :smile:

7)Give him his wine, he will tell you where to search for thy brother. Next stop: Zethnois.
Try to buy a cheap shield if you can, it'll help you out. Or maybe buy a horse? Your choice, just saying that you should equip yourself.
If you have troops, make sure you have enough money to pay them all.
There is three ways to Zethnois. (Note, this is made by estimate, not calculations)
1)Going the long way through your kingdom's lands.
2)Going a shorter way through your enemy owned lands. Highly discouraged, for lords will try to kill you.
3)Cheating, but who does that?  :razz:
On your way to Zethnois, try to keep your eyes open for tournaments, you can make a good sum of money at them.

:cool:Anyways, go to the tavern and talk to a man named Clark. He'll join you, once he does, talk to him to find out what to do next. Now, we head to the village right next to the town, Romeyrto.
Remember to look at the shops on your way out, you might find something good to buy. Try to buy a horse if you can

9)At Romeyrto, when you spawn, turn around and walk to the shed with a well next to it. A man will be there, talk to him. You'll get a quest to become a "REAL" knight. Return to Zethnois, then go to the library and wait for your character to find some names. Once he's done, go back and ask the dude which name would work. I won't tell you which one, so start guessing. :razz: Once you chose the right name, head to Unombiga.

10)When you enter the village, go straight through it and go to the line of trees. Over there you'll find a man standing there. Talk to him, and tell him the password.(Which is in your quest log if you forgot) He'll take you to Conrad. When you talk to Conrad and you have to pay him, tell him four hundred, you'll only pay five hundred then. :smile: I believe the quest for him is OP, but do it anyways, you get a reward.(Oh and you learn something about the storyline, so you better do it because I'm not sure if it's OP or not... :razz: ) So if your doing the quest, read the spoiler, if not, then let's move on!
Go to Stralover, then talk to the prison guard, and bribe the bastard with 100 gold! :mad: Go and talk to the man in the cell in the beginning, he'll give you the gold and then you have three options. I recommend the second option. If you do it, you'll see why. :wink: Go back to Unombiga, talk to the Guardian of the Woods, dude again, then talk to Conard. Now, let's go back to Romeyrto.

11)Return to the Mysterious Man, he'll give you the false documents you need. Now, talk to Clark to figure out what you need to do next. Next stop, Wismor.
I REALLY recommend you get a horse if you haven't already, it'll make life so much easier.

12)Head off to Wismor, where upon you sneak into the town. When you get in, turn around and to your right there is an armorer. Talk to him to get a quest for your special armor. Remember that minstrel I asked you to get earlier? Time to go fetch him!
He will be at one of the taverns for your kingdom. Also, there is a good chance Roberto moved, so I recommend you go to Kassdom.

13)Once you get Roberto, return to the armorer to get your armor. Wave bye to them, but you will see them again, sooner than you think. Talk to Clark, then head off to find the king. He should be at Zethonis.

14)Once you find the King, talk to him. He'll give you a quest to read his poems and critic them. Once you do, you must create your own poem. After all that **** is done, you have to deliver a letter to Conrad. Time to go to Unombiga again.

15)Go to Conrad and he will tell you the contents of the letter. It seems the King has doubt in you identity. Conrad says you are at his mercy, so one wrong move and he'll reveal your secret. Well, now it's time to eat mutton drink mead, and return to the King. (I have bad jokes don't I? :sad: )

16)Talk with the King, he'll make you swear hommage. If you pick I do, it's apparently shorter. After that, your quest gets updated, and it looks like it's time to find Lord Adalbor and find where your brother went. Ask the King where he is to find him.
Now that you can support an army, try to train every now and again to gain levels and exp for your troops. Remember to get a horse!

17)After your chat with Adalbor, you'll find your brother is quite infamous, isn't he? Now, it's time to continue to follow his trail by heading to Prisannes.

1:cool:I recommend you try to enter the city at night. When you reach Prisannes, when you spawn, look to the left of the gate to the castle people, there will be a townsman standing by some stairs. Talk to him, then go talk to his brother up the stairs. He will tell you that your brother went to deliver beer to Suderhol.

19)When you get to Suderhol, talk to the tavern keeper and deliver thy beer. Then ask him about your brother. He won't believe you and asks you to deliver some "tea". Time to go to Hashbiga for the special "tea".

20)When you enter the village, go up to the igloo thingy. When you get there, look straight ahead, you'll see a brown wall thing:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8370/mb3.png
Go around it and talk to the dude that's there, and get your work. You'll need to go to five places. The order I want you to go in is, Rubege(a), Bentwin(b),Jackass John's Training Field(c), Forloen(d), and Wismor(e).
a)Enter the village, then when you see this shed thing:
N/A
Go to it and talk to Hay Man who wants the stuff.
b)When you enter the city, go to the castle guard. Tell him about the tea, then ask him about why he is having drugs in front of the castle. He'll tell you something then bribe him by telling him some payment will keep your mouth shut. Then leave the city, it's time to visit an old "friend".
c)Go to John and give him the tea, then leave.
d)When you enter the village, ride in and you'll see this thing carved into the mountain side.
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1919/mb4t.png
Enter there and talk to him about the tea. After your talk you can have one of his three best horses. You can take Darkfire, Windsoul, and Queen Tintin.
Darkfire is a good move up from a saddle horse. He has the same speed of it, great armor, great HP, good charge, and good maneuver.
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6041/mb5ne.png
Queen Tintin is even better than Darkfire, with more armor, and more HP. The charge is good and the speed is only 2 lower. And who wouldn't want to ride her? :wink:
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7460/mb6.png
Windsoul, the fastest horse the guy has. He has good armor, great speed, great charge, good HP. If you like speed, he is your horse. (Plus he matches your green armor.)
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9634/mb7.png
I'd chose Windsoul, but their all pretty good. They all require 2 riding though. Now it's time to visit some old friends at Wismor.
e)At Wismor, talk with Roberto. After your talk is done, leave and go back to Hashbigha.

21)After talking to the dude behind the brown wall again, you can either go to Suderhol or go get the scout. I'd obviously go to Suderhol first, because it's faster but you can go to Vilsun if you want. Once getting to Suderhol, talk to the tavern keeper. He'll tell you that your brother went to the Forgotten Monastery. But since you don't know where that is, go to Vilsun and recruit the Scout.

22) Follow the dirt road of the village, then go right at the village elder, by one of the houses, a man with a red shirt will be standing there. Talk to him and you've recruited the scout. Talk to him once he's in your party, he'll tell you where it is.

23)You have two things to do at the Monastery.
1)Go straight ahead from where you spawn, dismount and go up the ruin stairs. There you'll find a dude who will tell you a lot of things. Finally he will tell you where Gallan went.
2)Leave, then come back, and go to the right of your spawn to that keep.Inside is some dudes that'll join you.

24)Alright, now, head back to Uncle William, who is at Satowor if you forgot. Once your done, the Fishermen Village is on the map.

25)When you got to the village, go talk with the men by the docks. One of them will sell you a boat.  Once you get your boat, leave the village, and head west to Atlantis, don't click the land, click the Atlantis Harbor that appears now.

26)After you enter the Harbour, leave then find a Lord of Atlantis. Ask him about your brother, then go to the city of Atlantis and talk to the king. He'll tell you about your brother. Then go to the Harbor's Tavern, you'll find a man who will tell you what to do next. Now, tis time to head to Aurum Castle.

27)At Aurum castle, you have to go talk to a guard on this house on the left of the Keep. Once he won't budge, talk to Howard. He'll tell you some ****, then go to Antois.

2:cool:At Antois, go left when you spawn and you'll see a guard standing by a door. Talk to him, then when he asks you to tell his wife he won't be able to come home, accept, then go to the harbor to tell his wife that.

29)Go right when you spawn and you'll see a women standing at the top of the stairs. Tell her about her husband then go back to the dude.

30)Talk to the guy again then your in the labyrinth. I get a headache here, so I want all of you to suffer from it too! HAHAHAHAH! Good luck!

31)Now, ruin your brother and Lady Marwe making love and go talk to him. He'll join you, and now it's time to kick Conrad's ass! Go to your boat.

32)You will be attacked. :razz: Finish the fight, then click on Unombiga, your ship will sail to land and your party will go there. Once you go there, go to the Guardian of the Forest dude and talk to him, now you are in a battle with Conrad's troops.

33)Conrad will tell you that the king is responsible for the attack. Time to kill him then...

34)Find out where the king is, then challenge him to a duel, he'll ***** out and fight you with his army. Once you beat him, you decide to put him in a dungeon forever. A man comes and tells you a bunch of ****. Then he'll tell you to meet him in Zethonis.

35)He'll tell you that the new king he chose is your brother, Gallan. You must attend the ceremony at Stralovar.

36)Once you go there, talk to any one and everyone you want, but mainly the King of Atlantis, Gallan's wife, Gallan, and that dude. Congratulations! You won!

If you have any comments/suggestions for this guide, please post here or PM me. I hope you loved the mod!

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1919/mb4t.png
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6041/mb5ne.png
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7460/mb6.png
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/9634/mb7.png
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/5823/mb8.png
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/4228/mb9.png
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8600/mb10.png
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/8936/mb11v.png
http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7615/mb12.png

Thanks very much for this good guide!  :grin:
You should only check out the pictures.
I don't think the quest is optional. But maybe it is  :wink:
...I got a plan of the labyrinth, but I think posting it here would spoil the fun, what do you think?

I wish you a merry chistmas!

Albertus

Archevious said:
I believe the quest for him is OP, but do it anyways, you get a reward.(Oh and you learn something about the storyline, so you better do it because I'm not sure if it's OP or not... :razz: ) So if your doing the quest, read the spoiler, if not, then let's move on!
Go to Stralover, then talk to the prison guard, and bribe the bastard with 100 gold! :mad: Go and talk to the man in the cell in the beginning, he'll give you the gold and then you have three options. I recommend the second option. If you do it, you'll see why. :wink: Go back to Unombiga, talk to the Guardian of the Woods, dude again, then talk to Conard. Now, let's go back to Romeyrto.

30)Talk to the guy again then your in the labyrinth. I get a headache here, so I want all of you to suffer from it too! HAHAHAHAH! Good luck!

When talking to grand thief, I accidentaly chose first option. Could you please tell me what does prisoner tell you?

He tells you, "You don't want to know." Then your character asks farther and he says, "I slept with the guards."

Now this is both a :lol: and :shock: moment, I'll entitle you to your opinion about it.

Archevious said:
27)At Aurum castle, you have to go talk to a guard on this house on the left of the Keep. Once he won't budge, talk to Howard. He'll tell you some ****, then go to Antois.

who the hell is howard help

I can't remember but I think he's a companion. Check your party page.

I'm probably wrong but I have a hunch............

Edit: No! It's the guy in the tavern at the harbour

Queen Pinky said:
I can't remember but I think he's a companion. Check your party page.

I'm probably wrong but I have a hunch............

Edit: No! It's the guy in the tavern at the harbour

were is the tavern at the harber?

scrach that its locked

Have you done all of this?
26)After you enter the Harbour, leave then find a Lord of Atlantis. Ask him about your brother, then go to the city of Atlantis and talk to the king. He'll tell you about your brother. Then go to the Harbor's Tavern, you'll find a man who will tell you what to do next. Now, tis time to head to Aurum Castle.

If you didn't speak to a Lord and went straight to the King the tavern stays locked

come again?

i whent to the harber (first time on this island
then i whent to a lord and spoke to him about the brother
then i whent to the king
then i whent to aurum castle
and spoke to the gaurd left of the keep
now what????

You were meant to visit the tavern at the harbour before visiting Aurum castle. Did you do that?

I know you can't. You were meant to do it earlier but you didn't. Do you have a save before you visited Atlantis?

Back
Top Bottom