A way to MASSIVELY improve board games in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
While board games are a nice addition to the game and an interesting way to interact with lords, their existence doesn't serve much purpose besides some early game money and the inn and out quest that most people complete by just paying the money outright. So, I have an incredible suggestion for the integration of board games into the overall game; scrap all the existing board games and replace them with Yu-Gi-Oh!

These would be the advantages of adding Yu-Gi-Oh! to Bannerlord:

1) By partnering up with Konami, TW would get some nice capital flow, which would surely help TW add more features and fix issues with the game faster (it definitely wouldn't hurt), while Konami can enter into the medieval RPG market. It's a Win-Win for TW, Konami and the consumers.

2) Duelling with the game master in taverns to get money & cards, as well as giving the ability to purchase new cards (with in-game money) from the town scene would give both some use for the well crafted town scenes, as well as a money sink which the game needs.

3) We could challenge enemy lords to shadow duels, and we would be able to send lords to the """"Shadow Realm"""" if we win (and we would get sent instead if we lose). Not only would this give the players the ability to interact with the game in a separate way, it would also add stakes to the game for the player's side. It would also add a more viable way of executing lords.

4) In a similar way, we could also challenge the fief owners both during a siege offence and defence (or even while just chilling in the keep of a castle/town) to a duel for the ownership of the fief, or duel the enemy ruler for the conditions of a peace treaty.

5) Giving each lord unique decks would give the lords more personality, and their personality traits would affect their deck strategies, thus making the lords much more memorable. We could also duel lords for their signature cards (with an ante of our own), and could in turn build stronger decks as the game goes on, which would improve the character progression of the game. We could even get the greatest treasures of the Calradian Empire, the three Egyptian god cards by duelling and winning against the rulers of the 3 Imperial factions in a duel.

You can probably guess that this is a joke post, but while thinking and writing about it, it started to sound kind of awesome, and I don't even really like Yu-Gi-Oh! or other card games.

On a serious note, maybe a new perk could be added very high on the charm or roguery skill tree to enable the player to gamble with a clan leader for the ownership of a fief if we have a fief of our own or gamble with a lord for granting or being granted safe passage when one side is outnumbered on the field (but maybe there could be a prerequisite of the lord/clan leader being -1 or -2 calculating for the lords to accept such gambles). While I very rarely play these board games, they can be improved to add more variety in ways to play the game. Also we should be able to challenge enemy lords to real duels (with actual weapons and armour) for the reasons I've listed above. But duels should only be accepted if the enemy lord's traits would match the requirements (they should at least have +1 honour and maybe -1 calculating or +1 valour) and if not, they should laugh the player out or just tell us to **** off.

Last edited:
Following talewords logic, the best way to fix something is to remove it from the game. So i'm not very optimistic about them changing something to make it better, but a card game, like guent from the witcher, would be pretty fun to play against the lords of calradia.

While board games are a nice addition to the game and an interesting way to interact with lords, their existence doesn't serve much purpose besides some early game money and the inn and out quest that most people complete by just paying the money outright. So, I have an incredible suggestion for the integration of board games into the overall game; scrap all the existing board games and replace them with Yu-Gi-Oh!

These would be the advantages of adding Yu-Gi-Oh! to Bannerlord:

1) By partnering up with Konami, TW would get some nice capital flow, which would surely help TW add more features and fix issues with the game faster (it definitely wouldn't hurt), while Konami can enter into the medieval RPG market. It's a Win-Win for TW, Konami and the consumers.

2) Duelling with the game master in taverns to get money & cards, as well as giving the ability to purchase new cards (with in-game money) from the town scene would give both some use for the well crafted town scenes, as well as a money sink which the game needs.

3) We could challenge enemy lords to shadow duels, and we would be able to send lords to the """"Shadow Realm"""" if we win (and we would get sent instead if we lose). Not only would this give the players the ability to interact with the game in a separate way, it would also add stakes to the game for the player's side. It would also add a more viable way of executing lords.

4) In a similar way, we could also challenge the fief owners both during a siege offence and defence (or even while just chilling in the keep of a castle/town) to a duel for the ownership of the fief, or duel the enemy ruler for the conditions of a peace treaty.

5) Giving each lord unique decks would give the lords more personality, and their personality traits would affect their deck strategies, thus making the lords much more memorable. We could also duel lords for their signature cards (with an ante of our own), and could in turn build stronger decks as the game goes on, which would improve the character progression of the game. We could even get the greatest treasures of the Calradian Empire, the three Egyptian god cards by duelling and winning against the rulers of the 3 Imperial factions in a duel.

You can probably guess that this is a joke post, but while thinking and writing about it, it started to sound kind of awesome, and I don't even really like Yu-Gi-Oh! or other card games.

On a serious note, maybe a new perk could be added very high on the charm or roguery skill tree to enable the player to gamble with a clan leader for the ownership of a fief if we have a fief of our own or gamble with a lord for granting or being granted safe passage when one side is outnumbered on the field (but maybe there could be a prerequisite of the lord/clan leader being -1 or -2 calculating for the lords to accept such gambles). While I very rarely play these board games, they can be improved to add more variety in ways to play the game. Also we should be able to challenge enemy lords to real duels (with actual weapons and armour) for the reasons I've listed above. But duels should only be accepted if the enemy lord's traits would match the requirements (they should at least have +1 honour and maybe -1 calculating or +1 valour) and if not, they should laugh the player out or just tell us to **** off.

Surley you are kidding?

Back
Top Bottom