SP - General A way to make troops more organic and decrease work time

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, i hope this fits here, because well, its something that affects a huge part of the game (characters as in units and so on) and i hope that a developer gets to read this so this can be considered (if it hasnt already, maybe it came up and just doesnt work) the way troops are given gear sets looks like this:

for the sake of making things easier to explain, i put numbers behind some of the gear sets, so currently with this a units will draw from these gear sets, so a single character of that unit can only have 1 or only have 2 or only have 3, for this particular one, the outlaw, it has quite a lot of different sets to make it look more diverse, however if they would allow for a second way of doing it, where you could either define a gear set, to make units look specific when needed, or a gear pool so units can draw from more equipment without having a long list, it could add a lot of diversity and content, a lot quicker, making things feel more organic and make it a lot easier especially for modders, my idea would look somewhere like this:

the idea being if this was made possible, that the game would equip the outlaw with any of the items in the line,this could be used alongside set equipment sets, or set up different pools however one wishes, it would open up a lot of possibilities adding more variety to a unit in a simpler and faster way, the possibility to semi randomize what your units spawn with could make them a bit more distinct from each other, some faction troops only have a few gear sets, and making that stuff takes time, but if you would only need 1 or 2 pools where you throw in a couple of armours and weapons that fit together, the game could do it for you

i apologize for typos and if i was hard to understand as english isnt my first language

Last edited:
That's how it works though. From what I've modded, the equipment sets just end up mixing into one another to create quite a few variations.

the idea being if this was made possible, that the game would equip the outlaw with any of the items in the line,this could be used alongside set equipment sets, or set up different pools however one wishes, it would open up a lot of possibilities adding more variety to a unit in a simpler and faster way, the possibility to semi randomize what your units spawn with could make them a bit more distinct from each other, some faction troops only have a few gear sets, and making that stuff takes time, but if you would only need 1 or 2 pools where you throw in a couple of armours and weapons that fit together, the game could do it for you

i apologize for typos and if i was hard to understand as english isnt my first language

You have to be careful with gear pools because unless you have some form of logic working for you, there's gonna be times when a guy busts out two different pikes and no other weapons or something similarly ridiculous.

You have to be careful with gear pools because unless you have some form of logic working for you, there's gonna be times when a guy busts out two different pikes and no other weapons or something similarly ridiculous.
They actually do that if you aren't careful. Actually, one of the mods I left around in Nexus has that issue. A cavalry troop I made has two shields because I accidentally set things up wrong.

That's how it works though. From what I've modded, the equipment sets just end up mixing into one another to create quite a few variations.
i havent really noticed seeing them mix into each other to create variants, for me they were always static

could define only 1 pike into item slot 0, and then hammer several different melee weapons into item slot 1, what i want that the "pool" is for each body part individualy, not a huge list on its own that it draws from, butthat you can pool items into chosen body slots

i havent really noticed seeing them mix into each other to create variants, for me they were always static

could define only 1 pike into item slot 0, and then hammer several different melee weapons into item slot 1, what i want that the "pool" is for each body part individualy, not a huge list on its own that it draws from, butthat you can pool items into chosen body slots
You can play my out of date mod and see it for yourself if you want. They really do end up mixing about.

You can play my out of date mod and see it for yourself if you want. They really do end up mixing about.

you are right, i noticed it too, i havent touched modding since a while after release, i could swear it wasnt this way before, still, with my suggestion, you could be more precise in specifying what can mix with what so it would still be an improvement

Back
Top Bottom