A way to access "battlegrounds" ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cernunos

Banned
Hello there,

I would like the player to raise undeads from battlegrounds (through camp option on the global map). Is there a switch in the game that recognizes these particular locations ? Either on it, or near it ?

Thanks in advance :smile:

Cernunos said:
Hello there,

I would like the player to raise undeads from battlegrounds (through camp option on the global map). Is there a switch in the game that recognizes these particular locations ? Either on it, or near it ?

Thanks in advance :smile:
No, as far as I know nothing that you could access remains on the battlefield location. Game engine marks the place, but the mark is not an actual party, so it's unavailable, and any information about combat losses is gone once the battle is over.

You will have to modify the battle resolution code. Probably the easiest solution would be to spawn your own neutral (and probably disabled at first) "battleground" party once a battle starts, and copy any battle losses by both sides to your party. Then once the battle is over you could enable your "battleground" party and use it to process necromancy, track how many bodies remain etc.

Thats what I figured after looking for it, and not finding it. However, your solution is really nice, I will try to add it. Thanks a lot Lav.

I have the hardest time turning a battle result into a "party" that olds the date of the battle, and especially the amount and type of dead troops during this battle.
It seems I can't find the "switch"
Help please :smile:

Copy the contents of these parties before auto-calc finishes or the player goes through the menu. Note that these are cleared very often.
Code:
  ("player_casualties","{!}_",  pf_disabled, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1,1),[]),
  ("enemy_casualties","{!}_",  pf_disabled, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1,1),[]),
  ("ally_casualties","{!}_",  pf_disabled, no_menu, pt_none, fac_neutral,0,ai_bhvr_hold,0,(1,1),[]),

Thanks, works like a charm. I had an issue, because I used "copy_party" instead of "add_party".
Making a scavenging option, and recruiting zombies and skelettons from these battlegrounds should be really easy now.
Now, I must also try to make that every battle creates a battleground, not only the player's battles.

Back
Top Bottom