B Medieval Fantasy A Twist of Fate (ASOIAF)

Users who are viewing this thread

Did you finalise the list of houses that you want to put into the game?

I wanted to try making a Westeros map for a while, partially for my own reasons, but it would be useful for the mod too.

If I knew how many houses will be in game, it would help me to judge the scale. The map would have to be around 3-4 times larger than bannerlord's map if you wanted to make a castle/city for each house like in the game of thrones CK2 mod, so it would have to be cut significantly. The main problem that the North is sparely populated, so it would work well enough, but then you get to the south and there would be castles/holdings on top of each other. I also noticed there's a huge lack of cities in Westeros there's King's landing, White Harbour, Gulltown, Oldtown, Lannisport and MAYBE Hardhome, that's about it, and obviously you could make every capital (Winterfell, Sunspear, etc.) But you would still only have approx. 12 canon cities vs Calradia's 50 or so, So a decision would have to be made about which houses get upgraded to cities, and which ones will only gain castles.

For gameplay purposes it would be best to keep the map very evenly populated just like in bannerlord.

Obiously it can't be modded into the game until mod tools are released, but it would be great to have something ready for when the time comes.

Also, any reason you aren't joining the other game of thrones mod team? Don't take it the wrong way, but the idea of alternate history of event's don't justify a whole new project, you would all accomplish more together and faster. The alternate history bit could easily be an option, or a sub-mod for a bigger project.

I'm going to be putting as many houses as I can reasonably get ingame, and will be taking gameplay over canon in regards to cities. "Mount & Blade Cities" are basically just large castles with the amenities, so I don't think its too far of a stretch to use them for larger castles. GRRM is also notoriously bad about sense of scale in regards to supporting populations and the like, so filling in gaps is going to be necessary no matter what. I want an even population of civilization where I can, so likely there will be a ton of towns/villages/castles added just to make sure there's not an extensive amount of dead space.

There are like ten teams making ASOIAF themed mods. Some of them are focusing on the show, some on the books, which are major divergences already. Most are focused entirely on sticking strictly to the canon to the letter and the story events beat by beat. I don't want to do that. I want to create a world where people can roleplay any house they want, drop in and be a Tallheart Swiftfoot running around the woods of the north, a Belmore in the Vale fighting the Mountain Clans. I really want to push the idea that the houses are the true characters of the series.

And more branches the better, combining teams and ideas doesn't make a better product in the end and certainly combining teams doesn't get things done faster. Everyone has their own visions and ideas, and we're all basically making different "games" entirely. I'm focused on high fantasy, obscene armor designs akin to the miniatures game whereas others are going hard realism only. I'm working on heavy troop trees with tons of unit variety, others want them more streamlined and efficient.

I respect all the other mod authors, but they're doing their own projects, and mine is much different than what they're putting out and we have seen. The alternate timeline also completely avoids spoilers of the books/show which as someone who got the books spoiled hard by ACOK by accident in Warband, I didn't want that to happen to someone else. It also means I'm not beholden to what happens in TWOW/ADOS when they drop as well.

CswutZw.png

rpTGmjf.png

Next patch is a biggun. Stormlands added, North gets massively expanded. Massive troop tree changes and more. I'm still working through some problems that are breaking the mod, but I'm really excited to get the next version out soon™.

Patch A1.0.7 is now available
Tested against Beta 1.4.1

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/357?tab=files

Notes
-New saved game required!
-Settlements.xml override updated to A1.0.7 as well, use it for the best experience! (This is required because of a Taleworlds bug.)
-I will be testing against the latest version and _cannot_ promise a decent gameplay experience on older versions.

Features
-Added the Stormlands to the mod
-Added 16 Stormlands Lords
-Added 18 Stormlands Troop Types
-Added 11 new Northern Houses
-Added 31 new Northern Lords and Ladies
-Added 5 new House Umber troops (right now unavailable for hire but are used by House Umber members)
-Extensively fleshed out House Umber and House Stark's family trees
-Troop trees have been consolidated and a tier has been removed across the board. Some renaming has occurred.

Changes
-Northern Lords will now use Stark Elite troops (except House Umber which uses their version)
-Northern Banners have been updated and simplified (still placeholder)
-Northern troops now use steel round shields at higher tiers
-Changed Stark Youth tree to no longer become cavalry towards the end
-Added various extra dead characters in family trees
-Rewrote the notable listings to be cleaner and fix many bugs
-Updated Kingdom data descriptions in the encyclopedia for the North and Stormlands
-Fixed a major issue preventing you from entering villages/towns of custom cultures
-ATOF Kingdoms are now "Main Factions" and appear higher on the Encyclopedia list
-Northern Lords will now ride horses
-Corrected the Lord of House Tallhart to be Helman Tallhart and not his son

Known Issues
-Many lords/ladies share appearances or are using placeholder appearances
-Stormlands elite unit is the Stark Youth
-Many non-combat characters are running around with armies
-Notables are showing the names of the former owner of their settlement instead of the modded version (this is a known Taleworlds issue.)

Special Thanks
Nwetta - Helped investigate a myriad of issues involving cultures and notables. Their work and help can not be understated. Keep an eye out for their Elder Scrolls mod.
Alkoon - Helped find case sensitive culture bug that partially to blame for preventing people from entering settlements. Their Adventurers mod (https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1219) provided a good foundation for solving some issues with notables.

Last edited:
Patch A1.0.8 Released

• Corrected missing appearances for the Stormland Lords/Ladies
  • Added House Seaworth and Davos Seaworth by popular demand
  • Fixed an issue where Stormlords were spawning with northern troops
  • Fixed an issue where Shyra Errol was male
  • Fixed an issue where Lya Snow was male
  • Fixed Stannis's hair by removing it all, remember, you asked for this.
  • Fixed a few hair colors that were incorrect but you wouldn't have noticed because I forgot to paste the Stormlord appearances into code
  • Fixed Stark Elite and high tier Northern troops having gigantic leather roundshields

Last edited:
Did you finalise the list of houses that you want to put into the game?

I wanted to try making a Westeros map for a while, partially for my own reasons, but it would be useful for the mod too.

If I knew how many houses will be in game, it would help me to judge the scale. The map would have to be around 3-4 times larger than bannerlord's map if you wanted to make a castle/city for each house like in the game of thrones CK2 mod, so it would have to be cut significantly. The main problem that the North is sparely populated, so it would work well enough, but then you get to the south and there would be castles/holdings on top of each other. I also noticed there's a huge lack of cities in Westeros there's King's landing, White Harbour, Gulltown, Oldtown, Lannisport and MAYBE Hardhome, that's about it, and obviously you could make every capital (Winterfell, Sunspear, etc.) But you would still only have approx. 12 canon cities vs Calradia's 50 or so, So a decision would have to be made about which houses get upgraded to cities, and which ones will only gain castles.

For gameplay purposes it would be best to keep the map very evenly populated just like in bannerlord.

Obiously it can't be modded into the game until mod tools are released, but it would be great to have something ready for when the time comes.

Also, any reason you aren't joining the other game of thrones mod team? Don't take it the wrong way, but the idea of alternate history of event's don't justify a whole new project, you would all accomplish more together and faster. The alternate history bit could easily be an option, or a sub-mod for a bigger project.

Guess you've convinced him lol

Is it playable on 1.4.2?? I cant rollback because Epic Launcher :/
-Maester Luwin is armed like he's ready to brawl
I want to meet the chad version of Luwin

Its on hiatus at the moment, one of the major M&B updates changed something that I cannot for the life of me figure out. So the only solution is a full rebuild from the ground up to get it working again which obviously is a huge time investment.

I'll reply here when I have news again.

Back
Top Bottom