a thrown weapon that is no longer visible after it hits something?

Users who are viewing this thread

HokieBT

Grandmaster Knight
Currently when you throw an item like a javelin it sticks in the ground (or a person) and is still visible.  I'd like to have a new item that is visible while holding it and in the air, but after it hits something it is no longer visible... The closest concept I could come up with would be to have "nothing" as the main mesh, and then define an inventory and ammo mesh like this example below:

["javelin","Javelin", [("nothing",0),("javelins_quiver", ixmesh_carry),("javelin",ixmesh_flying_ammo),("javelin",ixmesh_inventory)], itp_type_thrown |itp_merchandise ...

This concept has two problems:
1) since the main mesh is "nothing" I don't see it visible in my hand before being thrown (this is ok, I can deal with that)
2) the big issue is that ixmesh_flying_ammo doesn't seem to work with thrown weapons so the javelin is "nothing" while in the air as well.....

can anybody think of a way to accomplish this type of behavior?  at the minimum i'd need it to be visible in the air but not visible on the ground?

Mirathei said:
Blunt damage. Stones don't stick.

hmm, adding blunt damage still caused a javelin to stay visible, but switching it to itcf_throw_stone fixed the issue!  That works, thanks very much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom