A thread on game modes

Users who are viewing this thread

A basic version of the Spectator Mode is being worked on at the moment which will allow for competitive events to broadcasted as soon as possible. There is also a more robust Spectator Mode planned for the future. Finally, Ranked Matchmaking and New Game Modes are other features that are currently in the development pipeline.
hey there its ya boy Vick comin atcha with a hot new thread

I wanted to see if there are any devs that can give an update on what gamemodes Klebari was suggesting they will work on post-spectator camera. I saw the last Dev Update, the replay system looks sick and that it does need more work. I understand this is the current focus. Along with several other posts in the multiplayer section, I'd like to see the following question addressed.

What new game modes are the developers considering working towards?

Aside from that, the community would very much like to know, and be able to have some input on the outcome of that. For instance I'd really like to see the developers (when they get to working on game modes) post a discussion letting the community suggest the game modes they would like to see make it into the final game.

One of my favorite things in the game is on the Battania siege map, when all flags are gone except for G. There's a ramp in the middle that cavalry can get up and can be held off with spear walls (and is often the deciding factor of who wins), another entrance where F flag is that gives an elevated position for archers to hold, and another side entrance that can be used by infantry to flank. Overall feels balanced and with a good diversity of play styles to holding and attacking it.

What I'd love, especially while the player numbers hardly support siege at the moment, is a simple King of the Hill mode designed like that last flag. One flag, similar if not the same morale system, and hopefully well designed maps like that one to back it up. Condense a lot of the action from siege into shorter rounds and would accommodate for smaller numbers at the moment. I love Siege by the way, but it's very hard to find a match at the moment.

I was sort of going to just use my op to discuss what kind of game mode I'd like to see this game genre try to emulate and has somewhat on other titles. So. you got me there.

I'm sure some of you were like me and played Battlefield when they were younger, some of you were Chad Call of Duty guys, but you get the picture. Both games had a sort of MCOM Rush game mode. Battlefield did it in a way where there were tickets for attackers and defenders had unlimited lives. The attackers were forced to push 6 points, two by two. Dividing the game area into 3 short sections, packed with obstacles and cover for defenders, forcing the attackers to create strategic pushes and really show the skill those players have. This has already been introduced in Mordhau? I never bought it but from what I saw its like that too.

I know this community is dying for a time where clans can set up weekly siege nights and invite other clans to their server so that they can produce an event this way. This is where the true greatness of the community shines through in my opinion - relatively passionate people that want to create an area of fun for players, being able to set the factions, map, game mode. A reset button could be nice. Anyway my point is for that game mode I want to exist, there are several changes I'd like to see to this game so we can allow that sort of event to be played. Taleworlds itself could publish community servers so that they could allow for a healthier fanbase to arise out of the way you could set up these events. That allows for more crash reports, more bug reporters. I cant be wrong in assuming the number of these has dropped tremendously in the past few months. The game launched with record numbers, people who loved Warband and were excited to see this game finally hit Early Access like I was.

This Rush game mode is relatively simple to implement using the flag systems, but possibly locking the previous flags, as many of my friends who play siege are tired of constant backcappers that abuse the maps to get around and cap the final flag. It helps us out if you lock the final points so that we can allow for a more competitive zone, where infantry and archer fighting is more focused.

The most fun I've ever had is on battle servers where your one life per round matters. I'm guessing Taleworlds doesn't think Battle is engaging enough because a lot of people spend a lot of time dead. cRPG managed to keep up the game pace with the master of the field flags system (albeit was poorly implemented for most of the mod's life.)

Im not very familiar with Battle mode, does it include some sort of snowball factor or will everyone get to play any class they want every round ?
honestly dont know, thats kinda the downfall of the class system where as in Warband you would pay for the gear you wanted where it would certainly be risk reward to go cav, it doesn't seem as high a risk in bannerlord, of course Napoleonic Wars DLC had class systems in battle but in that DLC every infantry class was balanced with every other infantry class and vice versa with the Cavalry, so it'll be interesting to see how they do this. Honestly I think Taleworlds is starting to regret the class system because the more gamemodes appear in the game the more cracks show in the system

Back
Top Bottom