A thread for veterans

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly it seems like all we can do is wait for modders to save the game, TW seems completely unwilling to adapt to feedback and too set in their vision for how the game should be, just hope the modders come back when the game is finally more stable.

The community's been giving feedback and saying "this sucks, warband did this and that better and here is why <detailed wall of text>" since closed beta and nothing changed on that direction (basically nothing changed at all beyond bugfixes and two or three small features added so far)

I've given up on multiplayer and just returned to warband when i want to play it, bannerlord tries to be the next great e-sport, moba or something while warband just tries to be fun, no amount of shiny graphics can triumph over fun gameplay.
Remember when they copied the community combat parameters pretty much straight into the game...? Effectively and fundamentally changing the entire games mechanics to exactly what the community insisted was best?

TuKf61l.jpg

I'm not saying you are wrong. But this isn't as black/white as people would like it to be.

In the early stages of development I had hopes that the project would be steered into the right direction. However, I have since a few weeks given up hope and uninstalled the game. The game is dog**** and playing it is pure irritation on all sides. The only reason I am still here is because perhaps there are still some small sparks of hope down in the well. For now, I will not even consider reinstalling and to be quite honest I don't think I will until modders repair this game.

The developers of this game are a different breed, just look at how they handle sound bugs and whatnot. Even when we try to be understanding and kind, TW makes it very hard with how they manage things

In the early stages of development I had hopes that the project would be steered into the right direction. However, I have since a few weeks given up hope and uninstalled the game. The game is dog**** and playing it is pure irritation on all sides. The only reason I am still here is because perhaps there are still some small sparks of hope down in the well. For now, I will not even consider reinstalling and to be quite honest I don't think I will until modders repair this game.

The developers of this game are a different breed, just look at how they handle sound bugs and whatnot. Even when we try to be understanding and kind, TW makes it very hard with how they manage things
If I were to view your steam account how many hours would I see logged against Bannerlord? I imagine in the hundreds at the very least. Did you enjoy that playtime? If not why were you playing? How much game-time do you believe you have earned for your money spent? How does this compare to games with a similar price-tag in your game list?

In summary do you actually hate Bannerlord; or do you just feel the need to vocalise your annoyance as you want the project to be better?

I feel that even now, despite the countless of crashes on server and issues, Taleworlds would benefit from a released buggy server files state due to the fact there are people willing to spend their time debugging the things causing crashes.

Just look at the recent crashes, it's been some time now that servers have been crashing and i am very certain some people would be willing to point out the crash.

I feel that even now, despite the countless of crashes on server and issues, Taleworlds would benefit from a released buggy server files state due to the fact there are people willing to spend their time debugging the things causing crashes.

Just look at the recent crashes, it's been some time now that servers have been crashing and i am very certain some people would be willing to point out the crash.
TW reluctance to release the server files and custom servers in general is baffling. I still assume it is because they have a major MP release scheduled at some point and they want to save it for then. They have been talking about cosmetics and battle mode for what seems like months now...

If I were to view your steam account how many hours would I see logged against Bannerlord? I imagine in the hundreds at the very least. Did you enjoy that playtime? If not why were you playing? How much game-time do you believe you have earned for your money spent? How does this compare to games with a similar price-tag in your game list?

In summary do you actually hate Bannerlord; or do you just feel the need to vocalise your annoyance as you want the project to be better?
I spend a lot of hours running my own clan, called Odin's Descendants. We did events and such on the Duel Server but at some point things just became way too repetitive and I got bored and inactive. A good portion of my hours is spent on Skirmish of course, but I am not satisfied with the experience and hours are not indicatory for the quality. I've played some really amazing games but due to the nature of the game the amount of hours you play it is simply limited. For example I could spend completing a SP game two or three times but then I will be bored.. One of my favorite games back in the days was Beyond Good & Evil, and I wish I could forget the entire experience and do a fresh start. But thats not how it works unfortunately :razz: Anyways there is a second sequel in the making, look it up if you're interested.

To answer your question, I just come here to vocalize my annoyance because I know this game can be really good, it has a lot of potential. But thats just my view on it :wink:

I spend a lot of hours running my own clan, called Odin's Descendants. We did events and such on the Duel Server but at some point things just became way too repetitive and I got bored and inactive. A good portion of my hours is spent on Skirmish of course, but I am not satisfied with the experience and hours are not indicatory for the quality. I've played some really amazing games but due to the nature of the game the amount of hours you play it is simply limited. For example I could spend completing a SP game two or three times but then I will be bored.. One of my favorite games back in the days was Beyond Good & Evil, and I wish I could forget the entire experience and do a fresh start. But thats not how it works unfortunately :razz: Anyways there is a second sequel in the making, look it up if you're interested.

To answer your question, I just come here to vocalize my annoyance because I know this game can be really good, it has a lot of potential. But thats just my view on it :wink:
Thank you Loyal2Odin - that was a very proper and mature response and I have become familiar to the opposite on this forum. I just wish to move the dialogue from "This game is bad" to "This game could/should be better".

cant be a minority when the game does not even have a sizeable community to begin with lmao, so i guess most people share the OP's view and have dropped the game

We do clan civil wars.
Recently we play the "king" mod in Skirmish:
One player in each team voluntarily is a king, who are the only two ppl allowed to arm up. They have to pick heavy cav (we choose a class with slower speed to be king, that make things funnier), and can only have one life (no respawn, the king must press "x" after die).
All the rest can only pick the default cheapest class.
Once the king dies, all the rest of the team ("kingdom ppl") must attack each other until death ("The kingdom fall into civil strife").

People will try to assassinate the enemy's king. If the king of a faction just hides somewhere, then people will be facing a 5 vs 6 situation.

Ya... The game sucks, we made our own rule.

Last edited:
Hard to believe we are the "vocal minority" when there are like 40 players total playing the multiplayer concurrently on my entire continent. If the players who are unhappy with the game are the minority then where is the majority and what are they doing right now, because they certainly arent on any servers.

Remember when they copied the community combat parameters pretty much straight into the game...? Effectively and fundamentally changing the entire games mechanics to exactly what the community insisted was best?

TuKf61l.jpg

I'm not saying you are wrong. But this isn't as black/white as people would like it to be.
Remember the crushthrough they also added with that same patch which continued on for 17 weeks, which completely destroyed any good faith?
Pepperidge farm remembers that too. Also they didnt directly copy it over, there were things the testers werent crazy about that were still added, but it wasnt that important especially at the time.

The way I see it, its an unhealthy relashionship that you just come back to, then get reminded why you left in the first place, but the good times in the past just keep bringing you back. Its like damn you spent alot of time in that basement, it must be a really nice place! No we're trapped in here please send help.
(exaggurated obviously)

Hard to believe we are the "vocal minority" when there are like 40 players total playing the multiplayer concurrently on my entire continent. If the players who are unhappy with the game are the minority then where is the majority and what are they doing right now, because they certainly arent on any servers.
TIL the "total players searching" is the entire world, and not just the zone I'm searching in with all criterias. If people think 40 people in the world queuing is a healthy community, I cant help you.

Most of the people still playing the game are enjoying the mechanics etc, some of us dont, but simply hope for the game to improve and get to a good state. Others have given up and uninstalled. At any rate, right now Warband is beating the numbers of bannerlord for multiplayer, and before people say thats because of the mods, well. Then that should've been a priority for the developers, its not like after reaching 100 000 players, custom servers unlock.

Well i’ve been thinking if they fix the crashes and release the game, they will gain a new fresh community who will stick for re-skins and badges.
(The wrong reasons)
thats why i believe that my suggestions, comments, ideas are just a waste and not worth it anymore because it will just make me feel bad.
so yeah, as someone said it is what it is.
i will level down now to be a casual player who visits the game with patches and leave the next day.

they will gain a new fresh community
I doubt that. As much as the devs insist that "the game isn't released yet", it's already been released to the public, and there definitely won't be as many new people buying the game when 1.0 drops as when EA first started.

I doubt that. As much as the devs insist that "the game isn't released yet", it's already been released to the public, and there definitely won't be as many new people buying the game when 1.0 drops as when EA first started.

I have a bad argument, but why not
I will share my bad thought XD

total war three kingdoms is supposed to be a historical total war title with records mod (classic mod) available for veterans.
But most players got exited for romance
(1 vs 1000 man heroes).
So the idea is,
new things that are silly and bad from my perspective could appeal to huge portion of new people.
Tale worlds have badges and maybe a few stuff like reskins under their sleeves
this silliness could appeal to a huge portion of people.
So yes, i think there is a chance that we will get shocked ? and learn that people are really a WTF creatures
The opposite scenario is also highly possible, that MP will fail, who knows ?!

I have a bad argument, but why not
I will share my bad thought XD

total war three kingdoms is supposed to be a historical total war title with records mod (classic mod) available for veterans.
But most players got exited for romance
(1 vs 1000 man heroes).
So the idea is,
new things that are silly and bad from my perspective could appeal to huge portion of new people.
Tale worlds have badges and maybe a few stuff like reskins under their sleeves
this silliness could appeal to a huge portion of people.
So yes, i think there is a chance that we will get shocked ? and learn that people are really a WTF creatures
The opposite scenario is also highly possible, that MP will fail, who knows ?!
Honestly, depending on the size and quality of customization through skins, this game could potentially become a lot more fun. I'm also not gonna argue that badges can add a lot too. Perhaps we will be shocked, I just don't see it happening. In the end, I hope we will all be shocked and happy with the result..

they will gain a new fresh community who will stick for re-skins and badges.
Whilst I have a bunch of fellas on my Steam who haven't bought Bannerlord yet, they are collegues and former schoolmates whom actively discuss game purchases together prior to purchase. They'd take no issue if I were to say nay, it's not a fun game, and suggest Valheim or something else instead. In shorter terms, advertisement through group of friends, aka "recruiting" was big in Warband in order to gain members to ones clan, regiment or even server community and I'd go as far as it together with mainstream, normie mods whom a larger quantity of players could relate to such as LoTR or GoT being highlighted in game news articles skyrocketed the sales several times throughout the years.

Yes, there might be a few CoD-nerds loving badges and virtual street credz, but for veterans whom been awarding medals on their regimental/clan TeamSpeaks, server communities awarding medals since years, we know the extra motivational stuff only works if there's already populated multi-player in order to actually be able to brag or earn those awards.

Last edited:
Used to play cRPG, Mercs and FI2 24/7 in a few clans for some time. There were no character skins through some forced "progression system", no matchmaking, no bulls**t like that. I don't need some badges that every single player out there has to feel good about myself. The only progression system in M&B has been and should always be how good you can fight (and of course cRPG and Mercs leveling systems, was a blast).
Which is more important and will keep the game alive and fresh for longer?

- A singleplayer which gets repetitive af after you finish it once against bots that don't know how to fight, and you will just quit after said one run for some time. Maybe you will come back if you really liked it.
OR
- A multiplayer with thousands of players active each day on many mods and servers running an active community.

If Warband didn't have multiplayer, let alone the aforementioned mods, I wouldn't be here. I doubt many wouldn't be either.
I would've quit in like 2013 or so when I got it in the first place. If we won't get those custom servers and the work on MP mods can't be begun soon, I'll honestly just quit.
It's gotten pretty dumb at the point where you have to really, really wish that a company releases one of the biggest key aspects of a game 1 year into early access after quite a larger amount of years in development first.

Back
Top Bottom