A suggestion that will probably get ignored as all suggestions: Remove lances from light cav.

Users who are viewing this thread

Plain and simple, too many units have access to that stupid x botting mechanic its outrageous.
Khuzait nomad+lancer
Aserai mameluke
Vlandia vanguard+knight
Empire courser
Sturgia druhzinnik

Notice that 3 of those units are LIGHT CAV WHICH COST 130 gold only. Like seriously? Giving the dumbest one shotting mechanic to a cheap unit? Why?
@AVRC care for your playerbase for once and remove lances from light cav, its killing siege+tdm slowly.
There are literally monkeys in siege/tdm that does nothing but run around with their couches down every corner because nothing is stopping them and it's stupidly rewarding.

Couching isn't dumb. The people that spam couch continuously without aiming and rely on luck to get kills with it are the problem. Couch just needs a cool down so that way you can only hit with it purposely, not riding around holding it continuously. How to not be a monkey with couch is to use first person to aim it and press x only if you're about to hit something.

But in order to do a succesfull couch they need to expose themselves quite a lot no?
I mean, i am no cav player, but from what i can see dismounting light horses is quite trivial compared to the heavy ones.
Nomad was terrible before having a lance and it probably still is from what i seem to undersand, but it's not as evident because of the broken khuzait infantry maces boosting up the faction.
I think Vlandia is the "good", focused cavalry faction from the lore (correct me if i am wrong) and empire doesn't have the lance on the cathapract (seems a fair trade off).
I believe that the problem could be solved by fixing the mechanics rather than removing lances (options) from those classes.
Which is what mods will probably do and i can't personally wait for it.

But in order to do a succesfull couch they need to expose themselves quite a lot no?
I mean, i am no cav player, but from what i can see dismounting light horses is quite trivial compared to the heavy ones.
Nomad was terrible before having a lance and it probably still is from what i seem to undersand, but it's not as evident because of the broken khuzait infantry maces boosting up the faction.
I think Vlandia is the "good", focused cavalry faction from the lore (correct me if i am wrong) and empire doesn't have the lance on the cathapract (seems a fair trade off).
I believe that the problem could be solved by fixing the mechanics rather than removing lances (options) from those classes.
Which is what mods will probably do and i can't personally wait for it.
Nomad was a bad light cav, it became good with long spear update and it got mediocre with the no armor for light cavs update.

The problem is that, as i mentioned in the thread, these are light cav we're talking about, which costs only 130 and jfyi 130 gold is super easy to get in siege/tdm(in khuzait your 2nd spawn can be nomad even if you dont kill anyone). Alone these light cav are not that strong and manageable but they get overwhelming in numbers pretty quickly(half the team goes couch). Also from a perspective of a newcomer this is not welcoming at all to get couched by 20 different dudes.

I still believe access to lances is too easy and needs to be heavy cav only.

The problem is that, as i mentioned in the thread, these are light cav we're talking about, which costs only 130 and jfyi 130 gold is super easy to get in siege/tdm(in khuzait your 2nd spawn can be nomad even if you dont kill anyone). Alone these light cav are not that strong and manageable but they get overwhelming in numbers pretty quickly(half the team goes couch). Also from a perspective of a newcomer this is not welcoming at all to get couched by 20 different dudes.
Ye that is a good point that should be looked into by the developers.
All i'm saying is that you should consider other solutions rather than removing lances from all those classes.
They could, for example, limit the amount of cavalries in a siege (which would make sense) or increase their cost.
For tmd i would think increasing their cost and having more closed maps would definetly help although i think cav spam has always been a thing in that mode.
They could definetly use more creativity rather than just deleting things off. Again, if every mode could be managed differently the gameplay quality would increase.

Just get rid of the combat system entirely and replace it with World of Warcraft's ability based combat system

Just saved the entire game

The problem is the abusive use, not the action itself; adapt the use so that the action becomes 75% anti-cavalry 25% anti-infantry. More info here.

The problem is the abusive use, not the action itself; adapt the use so that the action becomes 75% anti-cavalry 25% anti-infantry. More info here.
Is in the nature to "abuse" for achieving the same result for less work. You don't really need the 1vs1 training and learning to win, just ride a horse with glaive. Yes it's not 100% sure that you will but most the time your chances are much higher.

Separating the MP modes will change a lot for better - same or different units with different stats, weapons and perks which suit the best for each mode - Skirmish, Captain and so on..

You're just wrong. Aiming the Lance is a fine skill so wider is better. It just needs the time limit and cool down on the action like it was in warband.
To aim a lance and couch nowadays in Bannerlord after pressing X you need the skill of a 5 year old aiming a crayon at a nostril. If you restrict the aiming angles by making the needle hole smaller, you will need more skill to crimp the thread... do I make myself clear? Regarding the cooldown time, we agree and everyone agrees that it should be increased.

To aim a spear nowadays in Bannerlord after pressing X you need the skill of a 5 year old aiming a crayon at a nostril. If you restrict the aiming angles by making the needle hole smaller, you will need more skill to crimp the thread... do I make myself clear? Regarding the cooldown time, we agree and everyone agrees that it should be increased.
I disagree. I think it works well as a mechanic that you can aim at a variety of angles and that's why you see most noobs choose a cutting pole arm when playing cav, because that's the easiest way, not couching.

I disagree. I think it works well as a mechanic that you can aim at a variety of angles and that's why you see most noobs choose a cutting pole arm when playing cav, because that's the easiest way, not couching.
In my opinion couching should be reserved for cavalry vs cavalry scenarios. For fighting infantry on horseback you have the basic lance/spear stabbing.

In my opinion couching should be reserved for cavalry vs cavalry scenarios. For fighting infantry on horseback you have the basic lance/spear stabbing.

I'm not going to go stab for stab with infantry that has equal reach, that's a brainless no skill move, especially the nerf that makes spears do a fart noise for 0 damage unless you hit perfectly, I'd rather ride in at an unpredictable angle by turning at the last moment and couch to get the kill because that makes you pee yourself with rage.

I'm not going to go stab for stab with infantry that has equal reach, that's a brainless no skill move, especially the nerf that makes spears do a fart noise for 0 damage unless you hit perfectly, I'd rather ride in at an unpredictable angle by turning at the last moment and couch to get the kill because that makes you pee yourself with rage.
"Infantry that has equal reach" Mmm you have an advantageous position in terms of speed and height with the horse... anyway we agree that we disagree and that you like crayons :iamamoron: .

"Infantry that has equal reach" Mmm you have an advantageous position in terms of speed and height with the horse... anyway we agree that we disagree and that you like crayons :iamamoron: .
If I go for a head on and feed you a free kill like a cuckold the horse is going to get hit first and stopped before I get into range to hit hit you, then I'll get dehorsed and be a free kill because cav usually has ****ty slow 1 handed weapons and can only walk on foot and it takes a full thirty seconds to stand up.

If I go for a head on and feed you a free kill like a cuckold the horse is going to get hit first and stopped before I get into range to hit hit you, then I'll get dehorsed and be a free kill because cav usually has ****ty slow 1 handed weapons and can only walk on foot and it takes a full thirty seconds to stand up.
That's why you must first learn to ride the horse :iamamoron:.

Back
Top Bottom