A suggestion for additions to fief management

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
I've been playing Starsector recently (highly recommend the game btw) and I must say that I like how the dev has handled colony management in that game. One specific thing that I would like to see added from the game would be "colony items":

Starsector, as you might've guessed from its name, is a space themed sandbox action rpg with 3rd person ship combat with a bit of rts in there (so 2D M&B in space basically), and as a game based on space travel, you can travel to uncolonized systems (basically the 80% of the map outside of a civilized "circle" called the core worlds) and conduct surveys on planets and explore abandoned mining and research stations, and as a result potentially discover weapons, items & resources etc.. If you're lucky in your exploration (or if you manage to steal them from existing faction colonies), you will acquire lost technology that boost your colony's production in a specific industry or improve in some other way when placed in a colony or colony's industry, e.g. soil nanites colony item boosts the output of a farming industry by 2 units. These items are very powerful but also quite situational; continuing on with the same item, soil nanites can't be placed in a colony that has specific (common) resources called transplutonic ores or volatiles.

So what I'm suggesting is essentially adding "items" that improves fiefs in some way. Of course, as Bannerlord is not an exploration based game so I would suggest getting such items through conquest and maybe winning battles against renowned commanders. This could work similar to how court artifacts in CK3 work, but as limited tangible items that we place on a town or castle (and maybe even village) which would have limited item slots.

Some effects could be things like increasing the amount of food items/ores gathered in villages by x%, increasing the amount of higher tier horses in horse villages, increasing prosperity/loyalty/security/hearth/construction speed/militia/veteran militia by +x, giving your fortification +1/+2 siege engine at the start of a siege, faster/larger villager parties, +x relation with nobles/notables every day/week, +x renown per day, etc. Admittedly I couldn't think of interesting sounding bonuses, but they could also have similar effects to banners but for the militia and the garrison (that affects regardless of formation and stacks with banner bonuses) in actual battles.

Tell me what you think, I think such an addition of limited items that the player or their kingdom can plunder could really add to the fief management, which I find a bit lacklustre. If you have other ideas for "fief item" bonuses that are more exciting and interesting, please do share them as well.

Last edited:
I'd really like it. Another bonus could be the ability to decrease range and increase pivoting angles of artillery, to make the defenses a bit less stupidly designed. Or add kind of barriers/traps in front of the walls (just slowing down siege towers and rams, currently I use a mod for that).

I bought Starsector some time ago, sounds promising, but I did not play yet (the combat seems to be a bit tedious?). Maybe I should, after I ended my endless trials to decide what class I'll play in Baldurs Gate 3 release version.

I bought Starsector some time ago, sounds promising, but I did not play yet (the combat seems to be a bit tedious?). Maybe I should, after I ended my endless trials to decide what class I'll play in Baldurs Gate 3 release version.
I really do recommend it, but a new patch is just on the horizon according to the developer and afaik your existing save files become unplayable after updating so I would wait a bit.

Back
Top Bottom