SP Fantasy A Song of Ice and Fire Mod (moved to MBX)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparehawk

Regular
Discussion moved to MBXForum (link)

A Song of Ice and Fire Mod 0.4.2 for M&B 0.903 
Welcome to A Song of Ice and Fire, a mod for Mount and Blade, based on on epic fantasy novels by George R. R. Martin.

King Robert Baratheon is dead, his Hand of the King - lord Eddard Stark - is executed as traitor, and the lands of Westeros brace for war. House Lannister, whose daughter Cersei was Roberts queen, claims the throne for her young son Joffrey. Renly Baratheon, with support of House Tyrell, claims the throne for himself. House Martell wants to take advantage of the situatin and become independent from the Irone Throne again. In the north, House Stark gathers its strength to defend what is right and revenge Eddard Stark's death. Looking at that, King Balon Greyjoy of Iron Islands decides, that there wouldn't be better time for restoring ironmen's power. The War of Five Kings awaits you...

Links:
MBRepository link: will be added ASAP... I have a troubles with it again... :sad:
FileSend link: http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=51b2d847ce09459e264b7a9c26a34d16

Features:
  • 5 factions with adapted names of kings, knights and troops:
    • Lannisters
    • Starks
    • Baratheons
    • Tyrells
    • Martells
  • 20 hireable NPC heroes (incl. adapted faces, char-values, items, dialogs)
  • Adapted faces, char-values and items for all kings and knights
  • Wildling-Quest (replaces the river pirates quest)
  • 3 new arena fighters (in Happy Boar)
  • 14 unique powerfull items - legendary weapons and armor
  • Proper banners for all knights
  • Arena Expansion included
  • Possibility to join Greyjoys-Invaders
  • Hireable Brave Companions (fully customizable mercenary troops)
  • Different prices for different prisoners (from newer version of BoW)
  • Targaryen Loaylists as one of new enemy parties
  • New (dornish) items
  • New troop-trees (now mounted troops for every faction)
  • Detailed and precise map of Westeros.
  • Most knights binded to their proper estates (towns and castles) [new in 0.4]
  • There is a Wall and an Others behind it... [new in 0.4]
  • Coins now called 'stags' and 'dragons'. There is an option, when start new game, how many stags in 1 dragon - 210 (that's right count) or 100 (wrong, but more comfortable) [new in 0.4]
  • Game starts at year 298, and there are no names for months, they called just "2nd moon" or "9th moon"... [new in 0.4]
  • (Optional) Greyjoy invaders spawns continuously and raze nearby villages... However, invasion could be stopped by keeping amount of active greyjoys scouts at low level... [new in 0.4]
  • (Optional) Winter coming... Others spawns countinuously, just like Greyjoys, and when their amount rises, they begin to spawn further to south... [new in 0.4]
  • Tweaked goods supply in towns (e.g. furs in Winterfell, spices in Sunspear, wine in Highgarden...).[new in 0.4.1]
  • Included Town Siege Fix 1.02 by Seff.[new in 0.4.1]

Minor changes in version 0.4.2
  • Added new unique items:
    • Rhaegar's armor set.
    • valyrian axe.
    • dragonbone bow.
  • NPCs in Castle Black have completely new dialogs and appearance.
  • Opponents while training in Castle Black now are Samwell Tarly, Jon Snow, Beardless **** and Alliser Thorne himself.
  • Fixed horses for Dornish Nobles.
  • Stark Knights renamed into Northern Heavy Horsemen, since there was not so much true knights at North.
  • Lannister's Kingsguards renamed into Lionguards and vice versa, since Kingsguard should be a top of knight's career.
  • New texture for wights' face.
  • New textures for valyrian blades.
  • All Lannisters now have true golden hair.
  • Map was turned 180, so the Wall is really on North now.

Screenshots:
Map:
map.jpg

TODO list:
Legend:
  • Already done, not released yet.
  • Currently working on it, not finished yet.
  • Planned for next release, not started yet.

List itself (last updated March 24, 200:cool::
  • Map:
    • Found&Fix a bugs around bridges between the Baratheon border and Highgarden.
    • Found&Fix a bug in the mountain pass that leads to Dorne.
    • Add new villages at North, some of existing villages turn to castles.
    • Turn fake villages and castles at Iron Isles to real ones.
    • Turn Gull Town from village to city.
    • Smooth Dorne's lands
    • Add more territories behind the Wall.
  • Scripting:
    • Sailing:

•  
      • Integrate nesessary changes to scripts.

• Following towns should be ports, where it's possible to buy a ship:

•  
        • White Haven

• Gulltown

• Maidenpool

• King's Landing

• Stormhold

• Wyl

• Yronwood

• Sunspear

• Oldtown

• Lannisport

• Ten Towers

• Pyke

• Check the possibility to make a permanent sea routes between major ports with ability to rent a ship to selected location for more cheap price.
    • Character generation - add the possibility to choose one of 5 kings to serve, or choose no one.
    • Teach Others to raze villages and siege castles.
    • Add new faction for Arrens, give it neutral, non-agressive, self-defencive, isolationist AI.
    • Add new faction for Greyjois.
    • Move Renly and Brienna to Tirrels.
    • Make 5 kings the factions' leaders and rename factions accordingly.
    • Make King's Landing a more preferable aim for 5 kings to siedge.
    • Others should turn taken prisoners to wights.
    • Some castles and it's vicinity should be impassable for enemy parties:

•  
      • The Twins

• Bloodgate

• Golden Tooth

• Deep Den

• Move Brave Companions guy from Castle Black to Inn of Kneeling Man...
    • Turn slavetraders to Night's Watch reqruiters...
    • Make Night's Watch able to restrain Others invasion if there are enough men in it...
    • Add Brotherhood without Banners.
    • Change the list of available NPC companions - remove from it Pycelle, Baelish, Beric Dondarrion, Thoros of Myr and someones more.
    • Rebalance Dorne's, Highgarden's and Westerlands' troops. Or even remade all kingdoms' troops' trees completely.
    • Add scriped events:

•  
      • The returning of Euron Greyjoy.

• Targarien's invasion.

• Sparrow's rebellion.

• Possibility to hire R'hlor's monks.

• Add new faction for Wildlings.
    • Add new faction for Daenarys.
    • Forbid to challenge a knight of enemy faction at tournament.
    • Check the possibility to kill or inprison enemy lords.
    • Check the possibility to use existing in module system templates for ladies, doughters, lovers, etc.
    • Add new quests for village elders and knights:

•  
      • To revenge bandits.

• To deal with traitor.

• To sign peace threaty with other faction.

• To provoke a war between 2 other factions.

• Integrate parts of Bandit King mod, allowing player to be a mercenary or create own kingdom.
  • Modelling & Texturing (any help here will be appreciated :wink:):
    • New models for map icons of different types of ships - galleys, caravels...
    • New model for map icon of port city (with visible docks)
    • New model for map icon of Others party (may be just retextured model of swordsman)
    • New textures for wights' armor and weapon - it should be rusted and dirty.
    • New textures and/or models for Others' undead horses.
    • New textures for Beric's armor and flaming sword.
    • New textures for armor and shields for all kingdoms' knights - with a sign of proper king.
    • Model for Others' ice spider (battle beast).
    • Model for Targarien's dragons (battle beast).

Credits:
  • Chivalric (whole work on mod up to v.0.3)
  • Sparehawk (map, banners, scripting)
  • Kid (faces, equipment, dialogs)
  • horkesh (new troop-tree, new items)
  • Gohda (banners and textures)
  • Gellan (banners)
  • HokieBT (mod logo, dialogs, new items)
  • Teshin (textures)
  • To Janus (basic version) and NCrawler (porting to 0.9xx) for allocating Arena Expansion
  • To the Band of Warriors-Team for allocating their source-code
    • http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,28175.0.html
    • http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,25786.0.html (Credits BoW)
  • To Seff for Town Siege Fix
  • To Elio M.Garcia and Linda Antonsson for their awesome site The Citadel (http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/) and especially it's Heraldy section.

Old discussion thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=30943

HokieBT said:
- Rhaegar's Gauntlets, Rhaegar's Greaves, Rhaegar's Helmet

Where in game world they should be placed?
I'm thinking, there are only 2 variants: they could be a quest rewards, or they could be just well hided (for example - placed to some difficult of access chest)...

Any suggestions?

Sparehawk said:
HokieBT said:

I'm thinking, there are only 2 variants: they could be a quest rewards, or they could be just well hided (for example - placed to some difficult of access chest)...

Any suggestions?

from my understanding, any item marked with the 'unique' tag is just randomly given if you win a difficult battle (ie. 60 vs. 140).  I believe all the other unique items in the game work the same way.  So when I modified my items file to include these I just copied\renamed an item, increased the rating, removed the merchandise tag and added the unique tag.  I used that 'unofficial ItemEditor' to do it and it was very easy.

thanks very much for the next release, I only played it for a few minutes but am looking forward to checking it out!  One minor comment would be to modify the Castle Black NPC's a little more.  The tavern still has Greyworm, Jorah Mormont and Strong Belwas which doesn't really make sense so I had switched those names and clothes in my game. I had also switched the clothes on Donal Noye and Ser Allister Thorne to try and make it a little more realistic.  Other than that, the changes you made look great, thanks very much!

YAY, it's out. When the ASoIaF books came out, I could do little else but read them till I was done. This mod has been doing the same to me, keep up the great work :grin:

*alt+tabs back into owning Lannister scum*

HokieBT said:
from my understanding, any item marked with the 'unique' tag is just randomly given if you win a difficult battle (ie. 60 vs. 140).  I believe all the other unique items in the game work the same way.  So when I modified my items file to include these I just copied\renamed an item, increased the rating, removed the merchandise tag and added the unique tag.  I used that 'unofficial ItemEditor' to do it and it was very easy.

It's not the difficulty of a battle, only the size of the enemy party is important. You have to edit module_scripts.py (relevant part is "give_special_loot") as well, otherwise the item will never be found.

Haven't played 0.4/0.41 yet, but it sounds awesome. Thanks to Sparehawk for keeping the mod alive.

Haven´t quite had time to playtest thoroughly yet, just want to add to the praise: thanks a lot man, whithout your contribution the best mod currently featured would be dead.

Everyone who worked or is working on this mod: Mind if I elevate you to godhood in my personal pantheon?  :mrgreen:
I really wish I could contribute something to this, but I fear my skills (except maybe for Photoshop) are by far insufficient :wink:

Great! I will download as soon as I arrive home!!
And Great Job everyone envolved in this, although I didn't try this version yet I'm sure you've done a great job!!!

And thank God Dornish Knigths have horses!!

Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken!

Sparehawk - should you move this post into the "Cartographer's Guild" because its a Released Mod ?  This is a great mod so I just want to make sure it gets the maximum exposure to everybody on this forum.  :smile:

HokieBT said:
Sparehawk - should you move this post into the "Cartographer's Guild" because its a Released Mod ?  This is a great mod so I just want to make sure it gets the maximum exposure to everybody on this forum.  :smile:

With pleasure, but I don't know how to do it. :sad:
I can't see any suitable button or link... Maybe, moderator should do it?

Sparehawk said:
HokieBT said:

With pleasure, but I don't know how to do it. :sad:
I can't see any option of that meaning... Maybe, moderator should do it?
That ain't such a big problem. It can be here because technically you are still working on it so, it's still in development and this is only a beta and that's what Pioneer's Guild is for.

Plenty of other mods are in development and are still in that part of the forum. Frankly, I think that this mod deserves its own sub forum.

HokieBT said:
Sparehawk said:
HokieBT said:

Any suggestions?

from my understanding, any item marked with the 'unique' tag is just randomly given if you win a difficult battle (ie. 60 vs. 140).  I believe all the other unique items in the game work the same way.  So when I modified my items file to include these I just copied\renamed an item, increased the rating, removed the merchandise tag and added the unique tag. 

Oh...  :oops:
Well, I'll add them in immediate quick-fix.

HokieBT said:
I used that 'unofficial ItemEditor' to do it and it was very easy.

I'm working directly with official Module System, so it's not so easy to convert your final .txt files to my initial python files.
However, I've seen a decompiler somewhere not long time ago...

Sparehawk said:

Add the ax too  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  I wanna sheer some fools with a Valyrian Steel Ax!  At worst you can just try to make it spawn from Greyjoy soldiers or Baratheon, since it was one of his that was supposed to have an ax of Valyrian steel.

Gohda said:
Sparehawk said:
Add the ax too  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  I wanna sheer some fools with a Valyrian Steel Ax!  At worst you can just try to make it spawn from Greyjoy soldiers or Baratheon, since it was one of his that was supposed to have an ax of Valyrian steel.

I think adding armor pieces so there is a set of Rhaegar's armor would be a cool addition.  Also, as you mentioned, I haven't been using the official editor so I have just been messing with the text files directly, so any of my changes would be very difficult to incorporate.  These are the changes I made in my game, you may want to think about adding these, no pressure tho, this is a great mod, so congrats on a job well done!

HAND ARMOR - I have always thought that the hand armor was weak (leather=1, mail/scale=2, gauntlets=3) and there are no modifiers (tattered, reinforced, etc).  I looked at the Native game and it has higher armor (Leather=3, Mail=5, Scale=6, Gauntlets=:cool: and they have modifiers (tattered, rusty, thick, etc) which is why the base armor has to be higher.  I ended up switching the items to have the slightly lower armor than Native (3, 4, 5, 6) but to also have the modifiers.  Maybe you can just copy the code from the Native python files?  I'm not sure how all that works....

RHAEGAR'S ARMOR - I'd love to have a complete set of Rhaegar's armor!
- Rhaegar's_Gauntlets - armor 10, weight 0.2, cost 2000, regular gauntlet mesh (no black available)
- Rhaegar's_Greaves - armor 38, weight 3.2, cost 2500, black greaves mesh
- Rhaegar's_Helmet - armor 48, weight 2.5, cost 3000, great helm black mesh
NOTE: for these unique items I checked the unique flag, unchecked merchandise and all the attributes (rusty, etc).  However, I did not know about editing the "give_special_loot" section of module_scripts.py which Chivalric mentioned on the previous page, so obviously that is important.  No wonder why I didn't find these!

VALYRIAN AXE - I did not add this to my game but it would be very cool to have. If you are looking for a name for the Valyrian Axe, its supposedly with House Celtigar of Claw Isle so maybe something like "Lord Celtigar's Axe" or "Claw Isle Axe" ?

TROOPS - You may want to make some minor changes to the castle black NPC's.
- 3 NPC's in Tavern - I switched them to Benjen Stark, Qhorin Half-Hand, and Lord_Mormont but any of the knights watch brothers would do (Jon Snow?).  I also slightly modified their items/clothes and conversations (Lord Mormont mentions he's the 997th Commander of the Night's Watch, etc)
- Trainer (Ser Alliser Thorne) - I switched his items so he had some mail and a practice sword and shield.  Also switched his conversation so he insults you (I found a quote in one of the books)  :smile:
Armorer (Donal Noye) - I switched his items so he had a leather tunic or ragged shirt, I forgot what I decided on but it looked more realistic

Anyway, you've done a great job on this mod, these are just some minor suggestions, thanks again for all your work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom