SP Fantasy A Song of Ice and Fire Mod (moved to MBX)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the max weapon damage hardwired into the game, or can that still be changed? I figure if you're gonna have unique swords like Ice and other valyrian weapons, the unique items, they should do more damage than 46 swing. Plus and I doubt that this is possible to code, but valyrian steel seems to be something that should be able to ignore armor of the wearer, unless they wear actual plate.

shevchenko65 said:
Is the max weapon damage hardwired into the game, or can that still be changed? I figure if you're gonna have unique swords like Ice and other valyrian weapons, the unique items, they should do more damage than 46 swing. Plus and I doubt that this is possible to code, but valyrian steel seems to be something that should be able to ignore armor of the wearer, unless they wear actual plate.
No way to make it ignore armor.

Oroonin said:
The new Others are nice, if still underpowerd. Is there a way to make them stop taking prisoners?

I'm planning to make a trigger script, that will turn all prisoners, taken by Others, to wights.

thelawwon said:
Is there going to be an new version of the map in the next release, i've noticed a few places where the character sticks to rivers and mountain passes (specifically near the Baratheon's territory.)

Could you be more precise? Some screenshots of trouble spots will be most useful...

I´ve seen this as well, it happens in landdepressions and around bridges between the Baratheon border and Highgarden. The player party can mostly be turned in another direction, but you sometimes encounter quite a queue of caravans.

Oroonin said:
I´ve seen this as well, it happens in landdepressions and around bridges between the Baratheon border and Highgarden. The player party can mostly be turned in another direction, but you sometimes encounter quite a queue of caravans.

I've seen a few peasants get stuck in the mountain pass that connects Dorne.

monsterfurby said:
Alright, after playing this for a while and having fun so far, I have a few questions:

Did you intentionally group together the Baratheons? I think it would be more realistic if Renly was actually the leader of the Tyrell faction, as that is basically how it was. I realize that this would somewhat imbalance the factions by making Stannis' faction weaker - but perhaps it would be worth a thought if, in a future version of MnB the AI actually learns to conquer castles.

Added TODO list to first message at topic. There will be displayed all things already planned for future releases and what I'm currently working on.

A few suggestions... I don't know if the Other's should have ranged weapons. It does make them more formidable, but if we stick to the book, I don't think they ever had bows. They should be able to ride horses though.

The North should definatly have more villages and castles, it's so empty, and the Greyjoys really lay waste if the Lords just sit in their castles.

In Dorne, I think Water Gardens are currently a city, and in the book I thought the place was more of a summer palace for Royalty.. I might be wrong though.

Maybe instead of Joffrey at KL you should have Cersei as a the Lady, it seems like she deserves a place in the game.

SOIAF and the Bandit King are my two favorite mods. This mod has a better story, but I really like a lot of features from Bandit King, mostly being able to capture lords, to start your own empire and hiring yourself out as a mercenary. Maybe being able to start your own kingdom would be incorrect by the book, but I think being able to capture Lords is a good thing to have. Adds more realism to the game.

shevchenko65 said:
A few suggestions... I don't know if the Other's should have ranged weapons. It does make them more formidable, but if we stick to the book, I don't think they ever had bows. They should be able to ride horses though.
I'll give them horses, if there will be model and/or texture of undead horse. Could someone make it?

shevchenko65 said:
The North should definatly have more villages and castles, it's so empty, and the Greyjoys really lay waste if the Lords just sit in their castles.
Already in plans.

shevchenko65 said:
In Dorne, I think Water Gardens are currently a city, and in the book I thought the place was more of a summer palace for Royalty.. I might be wrong though.
I'll think about it, if more people will said the same. :smile:

shevchenko65 said:
Maybe instead of Joffrey at KL you should have Cersei as a the Lady, it seems like she deserves a place in the game.
I don't think so. I mean - it's good to have Cersei in game, but not as one of "knights". All existing now lords and ladies, including rulers, are warlords in fact, and I can't imagine Cersei in a head of army. :wink:
There are some templates for Ladies, doughters and lovers in Module System, however I'm not sure yet if they are usable...

shevchenko65 said:
SOIAF and the Bandit King are my two favorite mods. This mod has a better story, but I really like a lot of features from Bandit King, mostly being able to capture lords, to start your own empire and hiring yourself out as a mercenary. Maybe being able to start your own kingdom would be incorrect by the book, but I think being able to capture Lords is a good thing to have. Adds more realism to the game.
Are BK source files published somewhere? I don't want to say that I can't script such features myself from zero, but that could take a real long time. :wink:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,32882.0.html

Ashes, the creator of the mod, I think he made it available for anyone that wants to use it.

Carving your own empire...

Honestly, that would fit the theme of this particular war, it seems like everyone with an arse was finding a throne and calling themselves king.

"Well, here's to His Grace," Anguy the Archer called out cheerfully, lifting a toast. "Seven save the king!"
"All twelve o' them," Lem Lemoncloak muttered.

It would be rather neat if the RCM was included in this mod, but I guess not everyone would agree with me on that.... :wink

Anyway, regarding the Kingsguard, I don't think they should be part of the regular troop tree at all, but rather a set of seven npcs serving the king (the question is how the 'true' king would be determined... ownership of King's Landing, perhaps? Might be more of a bother than it's worth I guess.).

While on the subject of Npcs, I am slightly bothered by some of the current npcs available. I mean, Grand Maester Pycelle? Petyr Baelish? I doubt you'd see either one in a situation like that, since at the time they were both a part of the king's small council (I'd put them in the castle at King's Landing(like those three arena npcs in the tavern in castle black) and make them unavailable to the player.).

On the subject of the Others, isn't it mentioned in the books that they can't come further south while the wall is still standing? Or was that just a misunderstanding on my part?

I agree regarding some of the NPC's, like LF and Pycelle, and I don't really like Biter, Rorge and Vargo Hoat. I think the first two were added to have someone with high trade and healing skills, but I think it would be better to just add a Maester with a random name. Same can be done with other NPC's too, just add random knights with Ser's in front of them.

Regarding the Other's south of the wall, I think that's just foreshadowing what everyone expects to happen later in the book, the Other's invasion.

One more thing, in the maps that come with the books, Starfall is a coast city. I don't remember for sure, but I think right now it's kinda stuck in a mountain valley away from the coast.

Jheral said:
It would be rather neat if the RCM was included in this mod, but I guess not everyone would agree with me on that.... :wink:
Sorry, but what does "RCM" mean?

Jheral said:
Anyway, regarding the Kingsguard, I don't think they should be part of the regular troop tree at all, but rather a set of seven npcs serving the king (the question is how the 'true' king would be determined... ownership of King's Landing, perhaps? Might be more of a bother than it's worth I guess.).
Well, that have a sence. I'll think about it.

Jheral said:
While on the subject of Npcs, I am slightly bothered by some of the current npcs available. I mean, Grand Maester Pycelle? or Petyr Baelish? I doubt you'd see either one in a situation like that, since at the time they were both a part of the king's small council (I'd put them in the castle at King's Landing(like those three arena npcs in the tavern in castle black) and make them unavailable to the player.).
Truly said, I don't like the current list too much too. Maybe, I'll attend to change it after version 0.5 will be released.
Meanwhile - will be there any suggestions about alternate companions list?
Current list:
  • Beric Dondarrion
  • Thoros of Myr
  • Osha
  • Sandor Clegane
  • Lem Lemoncloak
  • Tom of Sevenstreams
  • Anguy
  • Vargo Hoat
  • Bronn
  • Petyr Baelish
  • Syrio Forel
  • Rorge
  • Biter
  • Jaqen H'ghar
  • Gendry
  • Shagga
  • Timmet
  • Qyburn
  • Grand Maester Pycelle
  • Chella

By the way, when I've found this mod first time, I was really disappointed, not having found Brienna and Tirion in this list. :wink:

Jheral said:
On the subject of the Others, isn't it mentioned in the books that they can't come further south while the wall is still standing? Or was that just a mmisunderstanding on my part?
Hm... Hm... Well, you could be right, but I stilll love the idea of Others' invasion. :smile:

Just another small thing. I think it would be cool if there was a very seldomly spawning LARGE Wildling party, similar to Mance Rayder's army, which could walk past the wall and rain down destruction on anything beyond. That would pose a challenge to the player.

Also, is it possible to add certain types of messages? For example to illustrate the invasions (White Walkers have been spotted past the Wall.. Indeed, Winter is Coming. ; or: Greyjoy are now dominating the Neck - a thread to men noble and common alike) etc..

Sparehawk said:
Sorry, but what does "RCM" mean?

RCM is short for the 'Realistic Combat Model', which is included in a few mods, among others Onin no Ran(for which it was originally developed as i understand it) and The Last Days. I very much recommend that you try those if you haven't already.

shevchenko65 said:
I agree regarding some of the NPC's, like LF and Pycelle, and I don't really like Biter, Rorge and Vargo Hoat. I think the first two were added to have someone with high trade and healing skills, but I think it would be better to just add a Maester with a random name. Same can be done with other NPC's too, just add random knights with Ser's in front of them.

Unfortunately, since all named characters are busy elsewhere at the time, we wouldn't really be able to use any of them.  :smile:
Biter, Rorge, Vargo Hoat, Bronn etc.. are all good, since they're mercenaries, and as such, not exactly the most loyal people around.
Doing it with random named npcs might be a good solution. After all, there is frequent mention of sellswords and hedge knights in the books, and they strike me as being similar to the player in concept.

Of the current list, I'd say that these would be good for use as player companions (just my opinion, of course):
  • Osha
  • Lem Lemoncloak
  • Tom of Sevenstreams
  • Anguy
  • Vargo Hoat
  • Rorge
  • Biter
  • Shagga
  • Timmet
  • Qyburn
  • Chella
  • Gendry

...As I see most of those as relatively minor characters. For the rest:
  • Bronn - As he is currently in Tyrion's service and is knighted after the battle of the blackwater, I don't think he'd be available, but he is a possibility.
  • Beric Dondarrion - Is leading the brotherhood without banners. He should be a neutral npc, attacking all factions, imo.
  • Thoros or Myr - Same as Beric.
  • Sandor Clegane - Is a member of the Kingsguard (despite not being a knight), and thus unavailable.
  • Petyr Baelish - Member or the king's small council.
  • Grand Maester Pycelle - Same here.

As these people have rather strong ties to the main storyline, I don't think we should deviate too much from it when it comes to them.

Sparehawk said:
Hm... Hm... Well, you could be right, but I stilll love the idea of Others' invasion. :smile:

As do I. I have no doubt that they will invade sooner or later, so I have no real objections to keeping them.

I was thinking of the same thing regarding the wildlings, that they should be their own faction, but that would pose a problem since they don't really have any cities.

It seems it would be logical for the Others to attack everyone, including the Ironmen raiders, but I guess we're gonna wait till they are their own faction for that.

It would also be neat if the Swadian Messenger was incorporated from the Bandit King mod, except that the swadian messenger was renamed to Maester, and it would be like they were sending ravens.

monsterfurby said:
Just another small thing. I think it would be cool if there was a very seldomly spawning LARGE Wildling party, similar to Mance Rayder's army, which could walk past the wall and rain down destruction on anything beyond. That would pose a challenge to the player.

Also, is it possible to add certain types of messages? For example to illustrate the invasions (White Walkers have been spotted past the Wall.. Indeed, Winter is Coming. ; or: Greyjoy are now dominating the Neck - a thread to men noble and common alike) etc..

Maybe giving the wildlings a faction of their own? It might be a bit hard for them to survive beyond the Wall, though...

[Edit:] Beat me to it, shevchenki65 :smile:

By the way, regarding the neck, shouldn't Moat Cailin be a castle, and block access to the north (I seem to recall it being a village, but maybe that was in an earlier version)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom