SP Fantasy A Song of Ice and Fire Mod (moved to MBX)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HokieBT said:
These are the changes I made in my game...

Thanks, that helps a lot! :smile:

I've already added Rhaegar's armor yesterday and will work with valyrian blades and axe today.
Truly said, at closer examination I don't like existing valyrian textures too much. Nothing personal to Gohda, but I'm thinking that it's not looking like valyrian.
I've made my own texture for axe, based on damascus steel images I've found in net and Martin's words, that valyrian weapons looked almost black. Also, there is a quote from site, making official replicas of ASoIaF swords:
We went through around 16 different styles of blade coloring & texturing with George R.R. Martin before he picked this style for Longclaw. I know many people envision modern damascus steel when they think of Valyrian, but GRRM wanted something significantly darker.
That is what I've got at the end of work:
valyrian.jpg

Is it acceptable or there will be some suggestions? :wink:

P.S. Your changes in CB I'll include too, of couse.

It's alright, but the one problem is, it looks too barbarian, not too much like the supposed elegance of Valyrian weapons.  Try a single-bladed axe with the same rough style.  Although the pattern should be more defined and visible, I believe.  Longclaw was named for the visual pattern of it's style, wasn't it?  Or am I just imagining things again...

As for the textures, go ahead.  I made them with the idea of having a defined look rather than the near black, although most of the blades are described in a way that suggests they're really just a dark gray.  It's just so damned unfortunate the models stretch the textures way they do.

Wow, I absolutely love this mod.  :cool:

I'd like to use the occasion to ask about the following problem. I have close to 12 NPCs in my party, all of them on horses. After a battle started, as soon as I make contact with the enemy, the game starts to slow down a great deal if I want to participate in the knights' melee. The only way to have normal game speed is to look and ride away from the battle. I use standard battle size (46 or 4:cool: and the same settings that worked well on the smaller army in the beginning. Has anybody else experienced this? How many NPCs, knights should I take to battle to avoid this? I don't know if this is a mod specific problem or not because I'm pretty much a noob and have little experience with the "native" setting. I did try the HYW mod and didn't suffer from this slowing down problem there.

That's lag, it happens to me too in most mods.  All you can really do is turn the graphics down some, I'm afraid.  Makes large battles hell, hope they optimize the engine more next big release.

Gohda said:
It's alright, but the one problem is, it looks too barbarian, not too much like the supposed elegance of Valyrian weapons.  Try a single-bladed axe with the same rough style. 
OK.

Gohda said:
Although the pattern should be more defined and visible, I believe.  Longclaw was named for the visual pattern of it's style, wasn't it?  Or am I just imagining things again...

As for the textures, go ahead.  I made them with the idea of having a defined look rather than the near black, although most of the blades are described in a way that suggests they're really just a dark gray.  It's just so damned unfortunate the models stretch the textures way they do.
Well, maybe I should make it a bit lighter... I'll try it today evening and post some in-game shots then.

Hey Sparehawk, add Teshin to the contributor's list, I've got him making us some human Wight textures  :grin:

Gohda said:
Hey Sparehawk, add Teshin to the contributor's list, I've got him making us some human Wight textures  :grin:

No probs, but I need to see and evaluate this textures firstly... :wink:

By the way, there are wights in mod already. At now, they looked just like usual humans, but with blue eyes. I've made this at the same time as others appearance.
You can check manface_young_undead.dds and womanface_young_undead.dds in current release.
Undead Wildlings and Undead Night's Watch Brothers in White Walkers parties has this faces.

naptha said:
hear hear, a sub forum to itself!

Hm...
Sub forum rules
1. Requirements for a Sub forum

* A playable version of the Mod must be available for download
    * Sufficient activity in the initial mod thread must exist for the mod to be considered. Generally speaking, around 15 pages or so would be the minimum
    * The content of the mod should be such that it justifies having it's own board
    * The mod must be compatible with the latest stable version of Mount & Blade
    * For legal reasons, mods utilising third party IP (for example, those based on a licenced world) cannot be considered for a subforum

I'm not an expert on jurisprudence...
Could somebody say - is ASoIaF world licenced? I assume so, but not really sure...

Gohda said:
Longclaw was named for the visual pattern of it's style, wasn't it?  Or am I just imagining things again...

Yup, House Mormont has a bear in their sigil, and bears have claws. And so do wolves, which is why Jon didn't feel the need to give it a new name.

Sparehawk said:
naptha said:
hear hear, a sub forum to itself!

Hm...
Sub forum rules
1. Requirements for a Sub forum

* A playable version of the Mod must be available for download
    * Sufficient activity in the initial mod thread must exist for the mod to be considered. Generally speaking, around 15 pages or so would be the minimum
    * The content of the mod should be such that it justifies having it's own board
    * The mod must be compatible with the latest stable version of Mount & Blade
    * For legal reasons, mods utilising third party IP (for example, those based on a licenced world) cannot be considered for a subforum

I'm not an expert on jurisprudence...
Could somebody say - is ASoIaF world licenced? I assume so, but not really sure...

Hm, that's a point. ASoIaF is of course licensed intellectual property, although GRRM is not enforcing it like the Tolkien estate. However, you could create an external forum and get it linked here, couldn't you?

Sparehawk said:
Truly said, at closer examination I don't like existing valyrian textures too much. Nothing personal to Gohda, but I'm thinking that it's not looking like valyrian.
I've made my own texture for axe, based on damascus steel images I've found in net and Martin's words, that valyrian weapons looked almost black.
Is it acceptable or there will be some suggestions? :wink:

My main problem with the existing Valyrian textures is they are not consistent the entire length of the sword.  The top part of the sword looks different then the bottom part of the sword, etc.  Your texture looks good, but I agree with Gohda that it looks too dark/black.

Here's an image of Longclaw from www.ValyrianSteel.com, its looks grey with black lines, etc.

bladetexture.jpg

I like the idea of actually being able to see the texture in the game rather than being just a 'black sword' so I would try to make the mesh a little lighter.

Is it supposed to Dornish Nobleman being on foot?!
They are upgraded from the horseman, but I don't know!!
If is supposed sorry.
And great mod!!

A forum is easy enough to make.  I made one for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. mod team I'm a part of, no trouble at all.  Hardest part's getting people to go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom