SP Fantasy A Song of Ice and Fire Mod (moved to MBX)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HokieBT said:
Sparehawk - check out this link below.  Number 12, the castle map icon, looks very cool.  It might be worth trying to use this icon for a few castles in this mod to make some of them stand out a little more.  I'll have to think about what castles this might be good for, does anybody have some suggestions?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,6287.msg885827.html#msg885827
This icon looks really cool, thanx for the link.

Also I've found several fetching icons in  Pirates!  mod - a docks and different ships... I'm going to ask a permission to use them in ASoIaF.

Hey, Sparehawk, did you check your pm inbox?

Anyway, about one thing that bothered me in this mod. I just cringe when I see how the Baratheons and the Tyrells are dressed! The Lannisters are just right, all crimson and gold and western-looking, so are the Dornishmen, all oriental and exotic in their colourful armour, but the Tyrells and Baratheons stand out in a negative way. Why do the Tyrells have Arabic style armour? And why exactly do the Baratheons have so many horse archers? I mean, you may have needed to balance them out somehow and to make them look different, but aren't all factions supposed to look pretty much alike, except for the colours of their armour and banners? Couldn't the Tyrells look more like western knights than eastern riders in heavy armour? I mean, in the books, every time the Tyrells are mentioned their cavalry is also mentioned and the whole southern nobility seems to be very similar to the late French nobility of the Middle Ages. I believe Renly does mention once that he has the whole Chivalry of the South behind his banner. The Chivalry of the South makes me think of classical western knights, similar to the ones fielded by the Lannisters.

Other than that, everything is progressing along just fine with this mod. There are the minor problems of ironborn raiders having a wee too much horses considering their acknowledged skill with riding and the fact that the Others take prisoners, but other than that everything is going along nicely, I'd say.

Btw, nobody ever answered my question. How can you participate in tournaments, if there are any?

You mean arena's? You just go to the arena during the day and talk to the guy there. He will give you an option to fight and to bet on yourself.

Oh. I thought you could fight in a specialized tournament where actual knights participated, not the usual vanilla arena fights. It would be cool if you could challenge an opposing knight to a joust. Or, even better, if you are caught by an enemy party with greater numbers than yours, you should have the option of challenging your enemy to single combat. If he has a good disposition towards you, he should courteously accept. If not, he should say something to the effect of: "I'll look for you on the field and then you can fight me and all my men in single combat as long as you like. Just don't get in the way of my victory."

That would be cool. And it has been done in the books.

SPOILER:

In the second book, Cortnay Penrose challenges Stannis to single combat while he is defending Storm's End and Edric Storm. In the third book, the Kingslayer also challenges the captain of the Riverrun guards to single combat so that he could escape.

/SPOILER

In a few words, challenging someone to single combat would be an easy way of living to fight another day without risking the lives of your precious men. If you are skilled at single combat that is. If not, better hide behind your men and let your enemy find you on the field, as I said above.

Minor changes in version 0.4.2
  • Added new unique items:
    • Rhaegar's armor set.
    • valyrian axe.
    • dragonbone bow.
  • NPCs in Castle Black have completely new dialogs and appearance.
  • Opponents while training in Castle Black now are Samwell Tarly, Jon Snow, Beardless **** and Alliser Thorne himself.
  • Fixed horses for Dornish Nobles.
  • Stark Knights renamed into Northern Heavy Horsemen, since there was not so much true knights at North.
  • Lannister's Kingsguards renamed into Lionguards and vice versa, since Kingsguard should be a top of knight's career.
  • New texture for wights' face.
  • New textures for valyrian blades.
  • All Lannisters now have true golden hair.
  • Map was turned 180, so the Wall is really on North now.

Download link is in first post.

shevchenko65 said:
This mod really needs its own subforum.
Seems like MBX have no limitation about "licensed world", but they requires that their forum should be an only active mod's discussion board.
Also, they don't guarantee a subforum accordance, they just says: "you could ask, and our admins will think"...

Agent Griff said:
Anyway, about one thing that bothered me in this mod. I just cringe when I see how the Baratheons and the Tyrells are dressed! The Lannisters are just right, all crimson and gold and western-looking, so are the Dornishmen, all oriental and exotic in their colourful armour, but the Tyrells and Baratheons stand out in a negative way. Why do the Tyrells have Arabic style armour? And why exactly do the Baratheons have so many horse archers? I mean, you may have needed to balance them out somehow and to make them look different, but aren't all factions supposed to look pretty much alike, except for the colours of their armour and banners? Couldn't the Tyrells look more like western knights than eastern riders in heavy armour? I mean, in the books, every time the Tyrells are mentioned their cavalry is also mentioned and the whole southern nobility seems to be very similar to the late French nobility of the Middle Ages. I believe Renly does mention once that he has the whole Chivalry of the South behind his banner. The Chivalry of the South makes me think of classical western knights, similar to the ones fielded by the Lannisters.
We have already discussed this situation at pages 11 and 12 of this topic: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,33514.msg882830.html#msg882830

Agent Griff said:
Other than that, everything is progressing along just fine with this mod. There are the minor problems of ironborn raiders having a wee too much horses considering their acknowledged skill with riding and the fact that the Others take prisoners, but other than that everything is going along nicely, I'd say.
The decision of both mentioned problems is already planned and marked in TODO list.

Agent Griff said:
Oh. I thought you could fight in a specialized tournament where actual knights participated, not the usual vanilla arena fights. It would be cool if you could challenge an opposing knight to a joust. Or, even better, if you are caught by an enemy party with greater numbers than yours, you should have the option of challenging your enemy to single combat. If he has a good disposition towards you, he should courteously accept. If not, he should say something to the effect of: "I'll look for you on the field and then you can fight me and all my men in single combat as long as you like. Just don't get in the way of my victory."

That would be cool. And it has been done in the books.

SPOILER:
In the second book, Cortnay Penrose challenges Stannis to single combat while he is defending Storm's End and Edric Storm. In the third book, the Kingslayer also challenges the captain of the Riverrun guards to single combat so that he could escape.
/SPOILER

In a few words, challenging someone to single combat would be an easy way of living to fight another day without risking the lives of your precious men. If you are skilled at single combat that is. If not, better hide behind your men and let your enemy find you on the field, as I said above.
I like this idea. :smile:

I agree, single combat is an idea that I really would like to see in practice. Still, the NPC stats would have to be tweaked for this to be not merely the "easy way out".

monsterfurby said:
I agree, single combat is an idea that I really would like to see in practice. Still, the NPC stats would have to be tweaked for this to be not merely the "easy way out".

They would have to be really heavily tweaked. I'm not sure any one enemy would prove much of a difficulty(for me anyway), unless his stats were sky-high. The AI isn't smart enough. :smile:

Sparehawk said:
shevchenko65 said:
Seems like MBX have no limitation about "licensed world", but they requires that their forum should be an only active mod's discussion board.
Also, they don't guarantee a subforum accordance, they just says: "you could ask, and our admins will think"...

So taleworlds won't grant you a subforum because of possible licensing issues? Lame.

shevchenko65 said:
Sparehawk said:
shevchenko65 said:

So taleworlds won't grant you a subforum because of possible licensing issues? Lame.
I think taleworlds would grant a subforum because they want a evergrowing community of modders to help them out. But they really want to
prevent any judicial process and I agree. I by no means want any delay on the because of this. But the mod deserves it!!
I don't know but maybe we all could talk with George RR Martin. Maybe he would understand and give his permission because the mod is free download so there is no money envolved and he could actually help too. It's only an ideia but it doesn't hurt to try ,does it?

shevchenko65 said:
Sparehawk said:
shevchenko65 said:

They have a rule about it:
Archonsod said:
Sub forum rules
1. Requirements for a Sub forum

* A playable version of the Mod must be available for download
    * Sufficient activity in the initial mod thread must exist for the mod to be considered. Generally speaking, around 15 pages or so would be the minimum
    * The content of the mod should be such that it justifies having it's own board
    * The mod must be compatible with the latest stable version of Mount & Blade
    * For legal reasons, mods utilising third party IP (for example, those based on a licenced world) cannot be considered for a subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom