SP Fantasy A song of ice and fire for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, apart from the fact that the book is more detailed, nothing. But this mod is more about the second and third books. While the Game of Thrones series is about the first.

Hurleur said:
I think we must use the heraldry that we all ready have ( and let the tv show one for the Game of throne mod, they are serie based, we don't)

Something like this ( 5 min work , just for exemple).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I don't know why I can't see the picture. In our country, we can't open some foreign website, maybe this is the reason. Never mind, we can talk about this later. And my first task is map? well, I may finish it next week.

Wu-long said:
Sorry for my ignorance but anyone care to tell me the difference from the TV show and book? (I'm still waiting on my shipment for the books aha)
I like the tv show too , but there is some change in it and this mod was strarted before the serie,we don't want to change every texture because of the serie.
This is the same as the difference about Lotr movie and the books.

Agreed. There's no need that everything in this mod looks like it does in the series. Quite the contrary, the mod is an interpretation of it's own.

Rule zum Rabensang said:
Why yes, I've watched all of it.  :grin:
:???:
Yeah pissed me off I was right about to march off and Join The Ranks of Winterfell when I remembered it was just a show and I can't avenge me rightful kings' hand's death so I ask of you to give me a chance for redemption XD.

Leold said:
Wolfhead said:
Leold said:
I guess it'll be White Harbor, Gulltown, Lannisport, Kings Landing Oldtown and Sunspear.

What about Saltpans and Maidenpool?
I think Saltpans and Maidenpool are still just coastal towns rather than cities, but they're likely very close to being cities.  They wouldn't compare to the biggest cities like Kings Landing and Oldtown, but they might be on the verge of being cities like White Harbor or Gulltown.  The difference is that those settlements are the principal ports and the most populated settlements of the North and the Vale respectively.

They're a fair bit smaller than the northern cities.

I hope that the cities (and castles) of the mod will be all differents.
Please do not put that a single city model, as in the mod 1257 ad, it is really hideous...

Dryvus said:
They're a fair bit smaller than the northern cities.
Yeah, I'd still consider them small towns with alternate harbors at best.

Off topic, but I was reading your sigged quote from Jamie to Edmure and he mentions felling Riverrun's godswood, but I didn't think Riverrun worshiped the old gods did they? Catelyn at least was uncomfortable with the old gods and worshipped the Seven, I thought the other Tullys did as well.

Ser Barristan said:
Please do not put that a single city model, as in the mod 1257 ad, it is really hideous...

u should see scene, some are amazing

To Hurleur: I can´t find any reference to a castle called Moat Cailing in the network, could u help me? in what book is it?

Leold said:
Off topic, but I was reading your sigged quote from Jamie to Edmure and he mentions felling Riverrun's godswood, but I didn't think Riverrun worshiped the old gods did they? Catelyn at least was uncomfortable with the old gods and worshipped the Seven, I thought the other Tullys did as well.

It seems like an occasional feature in southern castles. They treat it more as a garden when they have one, I remember Catelyn narrating about how she remembered the one at Riverrun being for reading and taking strolls in. The Eyrie was also intended to have a godswood, but the soil couldn't support a weirwood (what a miniscule bit of trivia for those people to remember for all those thousands of years), and of course Sansa spends a good deal of time in the godswood in King's Landing in Clash of Kings. If I had to guess, I'd bet they're less common in castles in the arid part of Dorne.

I think we should start doing an error list of the trial version, so that we know what to improve.

- There are some some castle whith snow in the middle of the desert.
- There is one castle stuck in one mountain (don´t know if it is intentionally)
- Dothraki units must not wear clothes in the upper part of the body.
- etc.. i´ll continue testing

If you're testing the current version, please play some days so some of the more terrifying outlaw parties get spawned - would be cool to get some feedback on them.

Btw, A Dance with Dragons arrived at my place today - just plain awesome  :grin:

inigoruiz said:
Ser Barristan said:

u should see scene, some are amazing

To Hurleur: I can´t find any reference to a castle called Moat Cailing in the network, could u help me? in what book is it?

Moat Cailin is a castle at the border with the North. It has never fallen to an invading army from the south. Out of twenty towers I think it had, only three remain now. Or something like that :razz:

Rule zum Rabensang said:
If you're testing the current version, please play some days so some of the more terrifying outlaw parties get spawned - would be cool to get some feedback on them.

Btw, A Dance with Dragons arrived at my place today - just plain awesome  :grin:

You are one of the 180 lucky bastards who, thanks to the mistake of amazon.de, got ADwD early :razz:

I wish I was in your position right now  :sad:

Comrade Lenin said:
You are one of the 180 lucky bastards who, thanks to the mistake of amazon.de, got ADwD early :razz:
Just so  :razz:
Sorry for everyone who still has to wait...

Dryvus said:
Probably the first time I've had a real use for the phrase 'Pics or it didn't happen.'
Check you PMs, good ser.
If that's not enough proof for you, I can send you a PM full of nasty spoilers...  :razz:

Now back to topic, which is the mod.

I believe most of Westeros worshipped the Old Gods and thus had Godswoods before the Andals came. Then the andals brought their gods with them and then(as an educated guess) either imposed or manage to sway people to their faith. Otherwise (I think) people in the south wouldn't call them Old Gods, but Northern Gods. Then some castles kept their Godswoods out of respect. Of course this is all just speculation on my part.

Back
Top Bottom