SP Fantasy A song of ice and fire for Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Rule zum Rabensang said:
great Banners!  :grin:

though the direwolf of Stark seems a tad too naturalistic for my taste, but well, that's only a minor issue...
Thanks.  Yes, the Stark direwolf is hard to balance between trying to find something heraldically decent, and yet look like a direwolf not just a regular wolf - especially difficult because there are no direwolves in heraldry.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Entry/House_Stark/

This is how I always imagined the Stark direwolf, but the one you made looks more noticable (as it is more grey and less white). It should also be a running direwolf, while the one currently on the banner looks more like a preying direwolf.

But, no reason to bother ourselves with minor issues, a direwolf is a direwolf, and as long as it's grey on a white field, it passes for house Stark in my book :razz:

Also, Hurleur, did you finish the Riverrun scene you were working on a while ago?
If you did, do you by chance know how to set entry points for soldiers during sieges?

Comrade Lenin said:
http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Heraldry/Entry/House_Stark/

This is how I always imagined the Stark direwolf, but the one you made looks more noticable (as it is more grey and less white). It should also be a running direwolf, while the one currently on the banner looks more like a preying direwolf.

But, no reason to bother ourselves with minor issues, a direwolf is a direwolf, and as long as it's grey on a white field, it passes for house Stark in my book :razz:
Yeah, the heraldic wolf was heraldically 'running'; most official ASOIAF art out there takes great liberty with the state of the wolf, whether it's running or not.  The one from westeros.org I believe is copied from here: http://www.johngoodenough.com/images/got/standard_s.JPG - looks fine but isn't heraldically speaking very correct.  That said, it's art - it doesn't need to adhere strictly.

Hey, post a basic outline of the troop trees. I'd be happy to give some basic do's and don'ts on that front.

Hurleur said:
It is possible, but that's not the good way to do because everytime i will  recompille the mod , i will have to redo the copy/paste.

It can also cause serious problems with changes to gear, the addition of new units, and the merging of other mods.

Python is just safer, all in all.

Unrelated question - Did any of you see the awesome trailers that are coming out for the HBO Game of thrones series. A new one is supposed to be shown tonight at 8, east cost American time.

Most of the videos and pictures related to it (if not all of them) can be found here  - http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/
Maybe some of you guys doing troop trees or scenes, or whatever can find some inspiration there :smile:

Yeah I've been very keenly following the HBO series.  Best place for updates is to follow the blog 'Winter is Coming' at http://winter-is-coming.net

hey guys, I just wanted to say good luck with this mod.  I no longer have time for M&B modding, but the original ASOIAF mod was the reason I got into M&B and it really is the perfect game engine for this, so I always hoped their would be an updated version one day.  good luck!

HokieBT said:
hey guys, I just wanted to say good luck with this mod.  I no longer have time for M&B modding, but the original ASOIAF mod was the reason I got into M&B and it really is the perfect game engine for this, so I always hoped their would be an updated version one day.  good luck!

Thank you for your support, good ser :razz:

I have completed the troop tree for the Vale! Here are some screenshots:
mbwar20101204222948.png

mbwar20101204222856.png

NOTE: They look a bit too "green" on these screenshots, but that's due to them being tested with King Graveth's army in the native module. And some of them are bare-footed on these screenshots, I already fixed that.

Comrade Lenin said:
Unrelated question - Did any of you see the awesome trailers that are coming out for the HBO Game of thrones series. A new one is supposed to be shown tonight at 8, east cost American time.

Most of the videos and pictures related to it (if not all of them) can be found here  - http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/
Maybe some of you guys doing troop trees or scenes, or whatever can find some inspiration there :smile:

Yes i see the trailers it just look GREAT !

Comrade Lenin said:

Nice but it's kind of hard to see these troops. Did you change textures already or used some from natives ?

beuse said:
Comrade Lenin said:

Nice but it's kind of hard to see these troops. Did you change textures already or used some from natives ?

I'm now making a picture that shows them all as they look in the party menu :smile:

I didn't change any textures or anything.

Alright, here's a more detailed look of the troop tree:

The infantry:
valeinf.jpg

The melee infantry is armed mainly with swords (from arming swords to swords of war), while the ranged infantry is armed with throwing weapons (skirmisher), light crossbows (crossbowman and defender), siege crossbows (sharpshooter), and one handed weapons.

The cavalry (not too many of those :razz:):
valecav.jpg

Cavalrymen are armed with crossbows for ranged combat, and lances or swords for melee. The common cavalry has ordinary horses, while the elite cavalry uses chargers).

Wow, looks awesome.

The blue of House Arryn is sky-blue, though, isn't it? Should be simple enough to edit the textures for those armors, using a dds converter.

May I ask how you're doing knights? Seems logical to make them special units, limited and powerful, and sorted by location (As in Knight of the Vale, Knight of Highgarden, Knight of Riverrun, etc), but I suppose there could be other ways.

2nd lot of banners done.  Didn't touch Marbrand (the burning tree is already awesome) or Banefort (hooded man is hard to do well, might revisit later).  Oh, also didn't touch Uller (the red/yellow rayonne) cos you can't really do a division like that any better :razz:

ASIOAF_Banners2.png

Mysterious_A said:
Wow, looks awesome.

The blue of House Arryn is sky-blue, though, isn't it? Should be simple enough to edit the textures for those armors, using a dds converter.

May I ask how you're doing knights? Seems logical to make them special units, limited and powerful, and sorted by location (As in Knight of the Vale, Knight of Highgarden, Knight of Riverrun, etc), but I suppose there could be other ways.

I'll see what I can do about the textures :smile:

We're thinking of doing knights as seperate troops recruitable only to landowning NPCs, and hedge knights, which are mercenaries that can be recruited at taverns.

Dukayn said:
2nd lot of banners done.  Didn't touch Marbrand (the burning tree is already awesome) or Banefort (hooded man is hard to do well, might revisit later).  Oh, also didn't touch Uller (the red/yellow rayonne) cos you can't really do a division like that any better :razz:

ASIOAF_Banners2.png

Looks great! Keep it up  :wink: :grin:!

Back
Top Bottom