MP A solo man should not be able to aggro a shield wall facing direction

Users who are viewing this thread

Nerloune

Recruit
Add the functionnality that the face to direction (F2, F1) lock the direction of the shields wall. In the captain Mod, too much guy just go alone to get the aggro of a static shield wall and the archers can just destroy the infantry. Impossible to keep a flag, the only strat is to run to the archer line. When we are not in a complete team in vocal, the archer strategie is too broken for the moment and impossible to counter.

If your men are in shield wall and facing in a direction you specifically asked them to, then they should not move. This sounds like they are still in the default “face enemy” command.

To be clear, the game works exactly as you want it to.

Hello Mabons,

I'm not sure about this, I don't play with the "face to enemy" (F2, F2) in captain when I am placing a shield wall. I can assure you that a solo guy (a player) can run back to your shield wall and single-handedly attract the attention of your infantry. It means that the shield wall don't watch anymore the archers. They just turn their backs to face the "one man army".

It's hard to make a short video clip for the moment, but if we could, in the future, play the captain mod in private server, it will be easy for me to show you a visual exemple.

It's like in a siege in the single player campaign. Defenders face the gate, but if you run to the back-line you will see 4 or 5 soldiers turn their backs.

Last edited:
Hello Mabons,

I'm not sure about this, I don't play with the "face to enemy" (F2, F2) in captain when I am placing a shield wall. I can assure you that a solo guy (a player) can run back to your shield wall and single-handedly attract the attention of your infantry. It means that the shield wall don't watch anymore the archers. They just turn their backs to face the "one man army".

It's hard to make a short video clip for the moment, but if we could, in the future, play the captain mod in private server, it will be easy for me to show you a visual exemple.

It's like in a siege in the single player campaign. Defenders face the gate, but if you run to the back-line you will see 4 or 5 soldiers turn their backs.
The only time I have seen soldiers break 'face direction' and 'shieldwall' is when they are actively being attacked in the rear. As such turning around is the correct and logical response.

Hello AxiosXiphos,

Okay, but if you run near a back of a bot soldier, he will break the "face direction" as well. For me the shield wall is a defensive formation, so the only reason for a soldier to change his facing direction is for auto-block the first attack on his back.

Not logical to see 4-5 soldiers turn around instead of the only one concerned. And not logical to see a soldier in a defensive formation turn around without defensive reason (for exemple : to face a enemy in the objective to attack him)

Hello AxiosXiphos,

Okay, but if you run near a back of a bot soldier, he will break the "face direction" as well. For me the shield wall is a defensive formation, so the only reason for a soldier to change his facing direction is for auto-block the first attack on his back.

Not logical to see 4-5 soldiers turn around instead of the only one concerned. And not logical to see a soldier in a defensive formation turn around without defensive reason (for exemple : to face a enemy in the objective to attack him)
To be clear this is while you are using the face direction command? Because that is exactly what that command is created to avoid.

Add the functionnality that the face to direction (F2, F1) lock the direction of the shields wall. In the captain Mod, too much guy just go alone to get the aggro of a static shield wall and the archers can just destroy the infantry. Impossible to keep a flag, the only strat is to run to the archer line. When we are not in a complete team in vocal, the archer strategie is too broken for the moment and impossible to counter.
To be clear this is while you are using the face direction command? Because that is exactly what that command is created to avoid.
the ''face direction'' command seems to dictate more the direction of the formation it self than the individual soldiers in it, maybe this has been completely fixed since beta, but I remember this strategy very well, it used to be much worse, for example here is a video of a formation of tribal warriors not facing the archers because of another spear infantry formation behind them

and here is the post about it https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ommand-general-stupidity.391811/#post-9205110

Last edited:
the ''face direction'' command seems to dictate more the direction of the formation it self than the individual soldiers in it, maybe this has been completely fixed since beta, but I remember this strategy very well, it used to be much worse, for example here is a video of a formation of tribal warriors not facing the archers because of another spear infantry formation behind them

and here is the post about it https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ommand-general-stupidity.391811/#post-9205110

I think it's been adjusted; to the point where I can be smacking a shield wall in the back and the men still hold their position facing fowards - it might be circumstantial.

I have the same experience as @AxiosXiphos, when my men are in shield wall and forced to face a direction they will not fight or face away from that direction until I command otherwise. This sounds like a bug if it’s not working for the OP

Back
Top Bottom