A Sketch a day until release of Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

Definitely not a Sketch 14: Raise your banner in less than 2 weeks

rurvtjw2lgn41.png

Your best one yet Buckshot! This one must have probably taken a bunch of time :smile:

The crazy thing is I started this early this morning, it only took 4 hours. I already had the super detailed Cataphract so really I was just duplicating it and reducing detail and changing little things here and there. It was a lot of fun, much more fun than painting a hundred little metal scales.

But careful where you raise your banner :razz:

Haha! This is great The Empire is walking into an ambush of angry Gumby men!, I say they are ill prepared, haha, I love that you labeld 'Rock', hahaha.

Howdy all.

I was posting these on the Bannerlord reddit and I was told I should post them here as well. I'm doing a Bannerlord sketch every day until it releases. I'm on day 2. I will consider this post successful if it eases the wait for Bannerlord for even 1 person. It's certainly helping me to pass the time more patiently.

From Day 1:
"Like many I've been anxiously awaiting the early access release of Bannerlord - though I haven't been waiting as long as many, I discovered warband about 4 months ago. Since I learned how close it is until Bannerlord releases, I've been checking this thread daily for even the slightest new information or point of interest. I've appreciated those who have added here. As the countdown continues I decided I would contribute, I'm going to add a Bannerlord sketch every day until the 31st - even if it's just a doodle. For my first painting I chose the Ulfhednar. I think they are really cool. They remind me of those guys in the 13th warrior. As soon as I can I'm going to amass an army of them. "

5g6oegiqqqk41.png

From Day 2:
"
Sketch 2: Archer - I've always liked archers and I default to that play-style unless I make a conscious effort to branch out. I guess my logic is if you can hurt your enemy before they even reach you then you have a great advantage.
"
4wwytsqu6xk41.png

Sketch 3: Knight. Busy day today, wasn't sure I was going to have time for this one. Excited to try these guys out, but I suspect I'll be mostly on the receiving end of them.

gcc58m89s5l41.png

Sketch 4: Heir - Who will your son become? Will he be the spitting image of his father, treading the same familiar paths? Or will he travel an unknown road, building a legacy from nothing?

6tsf6vbnmbl41.png

Sketch 5: Horse - The first time I stood next to a horse, I understood why a mounted soldier charging your ranks would be such a powerful and fearsome force. I believe the israelites were warned against 'multiplying horses' because of the power that brings - and subsequent temptation for war.

yorqryh32kl41.png

Sketch 6: Mounted Warrior - Will Battania's seeming lack of a powerful specialization make them an ideal choice for versatility? Or will they lack troops with the dependability to prevail at high stakes?

g8rlkqiwmpl41.png

Sketch 7: Legionary - Advance, and hold the line.

j79pfky5mxl41.png

Sketch 8: Peasant - Where will your lineage have it's beginnings? Will you align yourself with noble blood? Or will the charms of an unknown beauty call you away from the battlefield?

2uyj9bx2v3m41.png

Sketch 9: Camel Cavalry - Because it's Thursday

yk7gedt3y9m41.png

Sketch 11: Cataphract - It would have been faster just to paint a tank.

mjqmq2he9pm41.png

Definitely not a Sketch 14: Raise your banner in less than 2 weeks

rurvtjw2lgn41.png
this is awesome!

:smile:

You need to put your drawings here(especially number 14, and the final production just before EA):
(Media/Artwork)

So more ppl can see it, and we can have more drawings.

Thanks for the recommendation, the stuff I'm posting is being done in a few hours - I don't think these quick paintings fit in there personally. Maybe if I get to spend more time on something I could post it there but I don't think I'll be able to. Unfortunately for me, I worked from home full-time before all this craziness happened, so the virus hasn't changed anything for me. If anything I've gotten busier since this all started.

Thanks for the recommendation, the stuff I'm posting is being done in a few hours - I don't think these quick paintings fit in there personally. Maybe if I get to spend more time on something I could post it there but I don't think I'll be able to. Unfortunately for me, I worked from home full-time before all this craziness happened, so the virus hasn't changed anything for me. If anything I've gotten busier since this all started.
Are you considering creating a large piece of artwork for the release of Bannerlord? One that's maybe more detailed and the like.

14's got me seriously raring to go. With just a little more time spent on scenery detail, this could easily be a legit official promo piece. Can I raise my banner now and just have really tired arms when it's time to actually go? I feel like William the Bastard waiting to cross the channel...

I dug up my account password from 2005 or something just to comment in this thread. I just want to say fantastic and inspired work. I used to do some simple sketches for my D&D adventures when I was young and this almost makes me want to buy a new iPad to draw on :grin: ! Keep 'em coming. Sketch 14 really looks like a Mount & Blade screenshot on steroids. I love it man !

Can I raise my banner now and just have really tired arms when it's time to actually go?

Hahahaha, I feel so bad for those who have been waiting for this game for 2, 3, 6+ years. Right on the cusp of it's release and and a pandemic breaks out, the economy tanks, people lose their jobs - So I am lowering my banner until the curse is lifted. I'll still buy it at release, but I don't know if I'll even get to play it until things settle down.

I dug up my account password from 2005 or something just to comment in this thread. I just want to say fantastic and inspired work. I used to do some simple sketches for my D&D adventures when I was young and this almost makes me want to buy a new iPad to draw on :grin: ! Keep 'em coming. Sketch 14 really looks like a Mount & Blade screenshot on steroids. I love it man !

Quite a compliment, thank you!

Are you considering creating a large piece of artwork for the release of Bannerlord? One that's maybe more detailed and the like.
I would love to do something really nice before release - but I still have to do my fulltime work, and I have some freelance work I have to finish so realisitcally I don't think I'll be able to. A few hours a day is all I can spare anymore, but maybe I'll do some comically lame sketches leading up to work on something a little a day.

SKetch 15: Whoops, forgot to add this here yesterday, my bad.

The Arena - I've seen some small footage of the arena. I think what I'm most excited about is there being animated spectators in the arena, it makes it feel so much more immersive. Are there other arena changes to be excited about?

7owdsj50kmn41.png

Sketch 16: I'm going to work on something for the release of bannerlord, I'll work on it a little bit each morning, but to stay true to the sketch a day thing I will upload masterpieces like this: With all that has happened I think we should start preparing for a loss in communications. We may need to use symbols to identify safe houses where the virus has no presence. If you can read this, you just might have what it takes to survive.

5j6ddu98stn41.png

Back
Top Bottom