A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Users who are viewing this thread

reminded me of this parody of yours inside the spoiler
Yes, unfortunately, 8 months later, this is still the case. But with this new statement, I give up. There is no reason to insist on saying the same things over on over for 8 months. The game will be unfinished crap with a lot of potential when they "release" it.

Check both of these threads, you will see a lot of watery eyes, saying "Thank you" or "Oh this will be a good update". It won't. It's horribly sad to say that but they are not even capable of doing what they are saying super vaguely in their statements. At this point, I also blame devs. Why?
I don't think but I know that many of Taleworlds employees are not checking the forum. They probably don't even know there is a community and a bunch of suggestions are coming from the forum too. They simply have no clue what they are doing. It's their fault to be ignorant. Is this a bad thing compared to their job description? Probably not. But it's more like being a doctor and being a super **** without giving a **** about your patience and just trying to cure him/her. And hey TW devs, here is a piece of surprising news, you can't treat a patient without asking 'Does this hurt? Or what if I do this? Or what are your symptoms' So if they think this is how they gonna fix the game - that won't work and they are incapable of seeing that. Game development isn't the same as developing accounting software. You have to like what you are doing. This is exactly the reason why people like mexxico is so loved in the community.
Moving to the next, designers and leads. As a designer, if you are blind enough, you may not be able to see that this game is shallow af. If you are blind - no need to read ( or hear ) rest. I'm excluding blind game designers in TW from this statement.
And for rest, play your game. See wtf you are actually making. You don't want to? Play some another game apart from causal average joe game. You can't do that either? Just resign. You are not a fit for this job.
Leads, if you are not capable to see that your developers are looking at this entire project as a normal software, shake them up. They are still unresponsive? No issue. Be the lead - do your job and guide them. Listen to suggestions and guide your developers even if they don't know this "feature" was required.
At the end, all of them will defend themselves by saying "We are not the ones that are deciding this". Then we know who is to blame. And there is one guy I can think of - a guy that was super excited about all the possibilities that game could have, and now turning everything into click simulator. If he is not fighting for his game, why should we? More than half of this player base is expecting mods so that they can play the game. How pathetic is that? Like seriously. I have never seen a Total War game where people say "Oh base game is ****, lets wait for mods to fix the game". And since Taleworlds isn't doing or saying about such statements, it basically indicates that on the long run, TW's plans are milking the modder efforts. Some may say Warband was also same - but it wasn't. Warband was a game that you could play for hours without mods. And it was good. For it's time. Now you are making Warband II and you are not even able to add Warband features - let alone stepping forward? How messed up you should be as a company to act like that? I think you have to be Taleworlds Level messed up.

That was a bit harsh but i share the general feeling, honestly i look forward to the updates they recently announced because they sound fun and will finish some areas lacking in the game.

I've mostly gave up on hoping TW will listen to the community, they already have my money, their uber vision for the game no matter how shallow and uninspired it is and they are dead set on not implementing anything a 5y old couldn't handle so alright.

Just hope they finish the game soon, release it and let the modders realize the vision of the community for this game.

Almost a year of early access and only got fixes and what? 3 so so features? The community alread developed alliances, civil wars, combat overhauls, plagues, extended map, intrigues like assassination and kidnapping, attacking specific formations etc

Just hope they finish the game soon, release it and let the modders realize the vision of the community for this game.
This is the worst thing a self-respecting developer can hear about his game. But it is true. I think the TW office suffers from something my own country's offices suffer from, and it is some kind of lazy mediterranean mindset of "somebody else is responsible for this" and "oh this is not my worry". There are some hardworking devs that reply on this forum and i trust that the coders work hard too, but the ones who make decisions and design choices are hit hardest by this phenomenon. I still dont fully believe that mr. Armagan envisioned a game this shallow, but the people that surround him do really have a very uncreative and overly pragmatic views. Thats just my take. And thats coming from me, who defended the devs on this forums for a long time

The community alread developed alliances, civil wars, combat overhauls, plagues, extended map, intrigues like assassination and kidnapping, attacking specific formations etc
Since two of them are my mods, I will answer this from my perspective - I can't support a mod for a game that I don't like or don't play. Especially if I don't have the game itself installed. And I'm rapidly shifting towards not playing Bannerlord. Because there is nothing there to play with.

That being said, I won't let myself be part of Taleworlds' Milking Community Modders Season. Because this is what we have and this is beyond insulting. As a modder, I won't make any other new mod from now on and I will update existing mods only if I feel like it and if I see that they messed up a lot of stuff and if it's taking more than it should fix then I will drop them entirely.

I'm in modding community for Bannerlord since Closed Beta with Custom Battles. I was also in the modding community for Warband for years. And I'm telling you, I'm done. I'm done with doing mods for Taleworlds' games unless they change this messed up attitude. I don't consider myself stupid. I will make mods for a company that doesn't give damn about suggestions and support their growth while I get 0 in return and waste a lot of my time and resource - and as an extra, I will pay AAA price for that game which is barely at an indie game quality? Yeah, a hard **** no from me.

Since two of them are my mods, I will answer this from my perspective - I can't support a mod for a game that I don't like or don't play. Especially if I don't have the game itself installed. And I'm rapidly shifting towards not playing Bannerlord. Because there is nothing there to play with.

That being said, I won't let myself be part of Taleworlds' Milking Community Modders Season. Because this is what we have and this is beyond insulting. As a modder, I won't make any other new mod from now on and I will update existing mods only if I feel like it and if I see that they messed up a lot of stuff and if it's taking more than it should fix then I will drop them entirely.

I'm in modding community for Bannerlord since Closed Beta with Custom Battles. I was also in the modding community for Warband for years. And I'm telling you, I'm done. I'm done with doing mods for Taleworlds' games unless they change this messed up attitude. I don't consider myself stupid. I will make mods for a company that doesn't give damn about suggestions and support their growth while I get 0 in return and waste a lot of my time and resource - and as an extra, I will pay AAA price for that game which is barely at an indie game quality? Yeah, a hard **** no from me.
That's really sad to hear but understandable, thanks for the awesome mods by the way they are gamechanging to me!

I've seen this happening since the release of EA, at first there were lots of modders excited to do their magic in the game then time started to pass and everyone was "where is the game? is it only this?" and combine this with the constant patching breaking mods without adding anything of substance (fixes fixes fixes, sheep texture while sieges are broken since release just as an example) to the game and many started to leave and now we have a graveyard of mods in the nexus that had awesome ideas and concepts but people simply stopped caring about the game.

Throughout the early access and beta test, I did not lose hope and looked at the future of the game optimistically, but in the last six months I open my eyes to the real state of affairs, I no longer have a desire to contribute to the community, this is unlikely to change anything, they have already received our money, more patient and trusting ones will come to the place of the guardian of the series, I think the same thing happened with other companies that made good games before, they get rich and those who do not care about the game flock to the money, the main thing is money is not a secret and a wide audience that having no idea what the product was supposed to be originally and what the warband was, I lose faith in the Taleworlds, I don't know what a miracle must happen for them to come to their senses. Today's reality is the dullness of the gameplay, microtransactions, optimization with simplification for the consoles. I agree with everything that the bloc wrote. (I think I brought even more sadness here, but I have nothing else to say)

Do the dark knights have their own guild? Are we also part of the cult of soon?

IM confused
Of course not. I´m working in the underground and try to be realistic as I did from the beginning.

You want me to share some of the hate messages I received when I told the white knights that this game is going nowhere (read: Nope, we won´t get feature X and they won´t fix Y soon) 8 months ago?

:wink:

Example from July 2020:
Get a life, change to other games or do what you want, but at the moment, you are just toxic and ignorant. Learn about Bannerlord new engine. Learn what is a new engine and how does it work and how many other games use it.
Is so pathethic to see people like you crying about a computer game. Use your "bravery" and start looking for some other more important issues to complain.

I hope I am not talking with a guy who didn't left his parents home yet.
That´s an easy one, no personal insults. I have "some" of them too in my personal messages. I hope random wishes won´t give me cancer :smile:

Last edited:
I really have to agree with you Bloc, it's just such a shame, because this game could've been so much more. This game should've been an improvement upon everything Warband had + a ton of new things. It was made by 10 times the amount of developers for almost 10 years (Why are people even okay with what we currently have?), but what saddens me the most is the ambition about their own game from TW's side. It's like they're fine with dumbing down things and cutting corners every time the posibility comes.

For what I'm reading here seems like the game dies for the old fans, It seems that if TW are not successful on the consoles they will all be unemployed.

where are all these people on discussion who defended the game vigorously for anything ? even for a thread title.. :iamamoron:

i just want to say these kind of people don't learn from their mistake and will pollute the next game

where are all these people on discussion who defended the game vigorously for anything ? even for a thread title.. :iamamoron:

i just want to say these kind of people don't learn from their mistake and will pollute the next game
oh i learned, i was white-knighting the game for months saying "just wait, it's EA, TW will deliver like they did with previous titles, look at the dev blogs these guys have a strong vision for the game and will implement if overtime", then the months passed and i got more disappointed statement after statement from TW, they denied to add features proposed by the community and anything more complicated than a 5y old could handle.

Ah yes, I remember when some factions archers had a high 1 handed skill instead of bow skill, just took them 3 months to "fix" this. Modders needed 1 week.

And that´s just number change in some XML files if I´m not wrong.
Modders didn't fix a damned thing in that case. Those weapon skills did absolutely nothing until May or June, when TW got around to enabling them for BasicCharacterObjects.

But I absolutely love your mods! Don't leave us :cry:

Of all the things that I have read on these forums this is without a doubt the most dishearting. It sucks and I wish it wasn't this way but I completely understand your attitude. I've been a long time fan and have thousands of hours in M&B but I can't touch this game anymore. It has no heart and soul and after a few hours it's very apparent how shallow it is. I thought for sure that BL was going to be a good game and a real step up from Warband but it's a let down and from your comments it's pretty apparent that TW isn't going to make it better.

To think that once I considered Taleworlds as the best and most consumer friendly studio out there with successes like Mount & Blade and Warband with later updates without the use of any gamey AAA strategies like microtransactions and underwhelming DLC. But now I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

There's no point in playing a sequel when its more shallow and empty than its predecessor. They generated so much hype for this game, made so many promises and its just turned into a big pile of sad. Each new Mount & Blade update and release was a step forward yet this is ten steps back, despite the fancy graphics and animations. The people in charge of making decisions are in no way in touch with the people actually play the game and as such it makes it pretty obvious they're only here for the money. I feel bad for the few devs who actually give a ****.
Its especially bad seeing as a ton of the stuff mentioned in the OP is what could and would have made the game as great as it should be.

Sadly though no matter how anyone voices their disdain on the direction of the game(s) we won't be listened to because we don't matter when Taleworlds has a host of people new to the series who enjoy the game as it is, think its in a perfectly fine state and give the dev money and an excuse to keep it this way and continue in the future making more barebones ****. Just look at the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series. :mrgreen:

The fact that the devs can expect to have their game carried by modders just proves that the game will never be as good as it could and should be.

All you needed to do was make Warband with better graphics and new stuff.
So why are we here

Back
Top Bottom