A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Users who are viewing this thread

Fun Fact: Warband had aging mechanics in it, kind of. If you played past 1000 or so days you begin to lose stats randomly, eventually turning your player into a feeble wreck with no skills and no way to level up if you're near the level cap. It's one of many features in warband which nobody notices or even knows about, but it shows that this is something Armagan thought necessary to put into the game from back in 2010.
Fun fact, Warband never required your character to die of old age.

Fun fact, Warband never required your character to die of old age.
Not-so-fun fact: Native module made your character basically useless after a set time, If I remember correctly it started at 764 days, or something, essentially, 3 in-game years. Which is worse? Without out-of-the-box/outside of the game player intervention, your character was as good as dead. Either that or spamming character import.

What matters here is the choice. Give us the choice to enable/disable it.
ON.
OFF.

Not-so-fun fact: Native module made your character basically useless after a set time, If I remember correctly it started at 764 days, or something, essentially, 3 in-game years. Which is worse? Without out-of-the-box/outside of the game player intervention, your character was as good as dead. Either that or spamming character import.

What matters here is the choice. Give us the choice to enable/disable it.
ON.
OFF.
Agreed. I did import my character often after I was more or less done with a playthrough.

Regardless, the very fact that it even exists is enough to change player behaviour. I only discovered it after leaving a campaign running for an hour for modding purposes, but seeing a big "You character has lost stats!" screen was enough to make me remove that feature instantly. It made me realise that in native you are actually running on a timer and have to keep track of time, even if that doesn't really mean anything in the long run. I can then only imagine how this impacts player behaviour in Bannerlord when you are staring at the void of inevitable death for the entire game.

Either way I always found it antithetical to the game as an RPG. In Warband, at least, there was an import/export feature. Here, there is none of that.

I should be shocked at how little I actually care about this game given how much I love Warband, but it looks like an unmitigated disaster on every level.

I'm the opposite, kinda. Having followed development very closely I had really low expectations, I thought it would be a mediocre warband with more sideways steps than advances, but the sheer backwards roughness of this release was still a complete shock to me. It's just a tragedy and I can't really laugh at many of these bugs knowing that 100s of people went through 1000s of hours of crunch just for it to end up like this. It's just saddening.

Jesus Christ. What are you twats on about?
Like someone else pointed out, the title is clickbaity as hell given that this is an Early Access game.
What the **** is cut content when TW's released a ****load of blog posts clearly indicating there's a whole bunch of **** in the works that's clearly already coded into the game.

On top of that for those that are *****ing and moaning about your character dying of old age - that is a feature.
In Bannerlord the whole downside to your character's death is the fact you can reproduce and play as a descendant. A base feature that has already been implemented in the game.

Aside from the annoyance and degeneracy of the people commenting, it's interesting to learn about what features could be added in the future.

Like someone else pointed out, the title is clickbaity as hell given that this is an Early Access game.
What the **** is cut content when TW's released a ****load of blog posts clearly indicating there's a whole bunch of **** in the works that's clearly already coded into the game.
Calm down sperg, its cut content as its literally cut at the moment from the current game version, probably because its not working properly yet, so they decided not to implement the features = cut them.
I fail to see how its clickbaity.
It's features that are going to be added, but were CUT, atleast for now.

Calm down sperg, its cut content as its literally cut at the moment from the current game version, probably because its not working properly yet, so they decided not to implement the features = cut them.
I fail to see how its clickbaity.
It's features that are going to be added, but were CUT, atleast for now.
Because people are inclined to interpret headlines. That's what the mainstream media and buzzfeed have done to the current generation. They read the title, interpret it and run with it, barely even paying attention to what's actually written. Buzzword: CUT = THEY TOOK IT OUT OF THE GAME AND IT IS DONE, OVER!

Maybe they need something like "suspended features", which might lead them to interpret that Erdogan is suspending TaleWorlds' building or something. I can't really care anymore.

Regardless, the very fact that it even exists is enough to change player behaviour. I only discovered it after leaving a campaign running for an hour for modding purposes, but seeing a big "You character has lost stats!" screen was enough to make me remove that feature instantly. It made me realise that in native you are actually running on a timer and have to keep track of time, even if that doesn't really mean anything in the long run. I can then only imagine how this impacts player behaviour in Bannerlord when you are staring at the void of inevitable death for the entire game.
Precisely this. I can't even remember where I wrote the same thing - the pressure it puts on players knowing they will inevitably die. Personally I like it, because I want to enjoy the clan aspect, more than the individual character. Not all people want this. I'm not even sure I will enjoy this forever. So I'm pro-choice. Give the person the chance to choose whether they want it active, or not. Makes EVERYBODY happy. Except douchebags, but only twitter cares about them.

On top of that for those that are *****ing and moaning about your character dying of old age - that is a feature.
In Bannerlord the whole downside to your character's death is the fact you can reproduce and play as a descendant. A base feature that has already been implemented in the game.

So is 'battle death,' yet they let people disable that. Options are a good thing, especially for a sandbox game. Now take your sweaty autism somewhere else and calm down.

wow this is extremely interesting. I hope these are all things planned for the future rather than things that will never exist. Thank you for all the hard work OP

Yeah gotta wait for what's indefinately cut and what's temporarily cut.
What really surprised me, when i skimmed through the xmls was how much seemingly borrowed heavily from Warbands.

Really hope they're actually able to make things interesting. More character interactions and behaviours to make 'traits' actually do stuff. Better voting systems to make things less random. Systems actually things like Roguery, Scouting or First Aid interesting as player skills. Even clan trader positions or something... a lot just feels very random and not deeply woven throughout all systems, but like a loosely connected web of ideas without any real impact.

ever consider they've gone with "minimum viable product" type affair - the base level game with core components, and as stability is fixed/improved, they'll then start enabling various features in a manageable fashion?

ever consider they've gone with "minimum viable product" type affair - the base level game with core components, and as stability is fixed/improved, they'll then start enabling various features in a manageable fashion?
Yeah i stated this in another thread. I feel like that's what they are going for.

"At the moment most of the things you have in warband, Are what is in Bannerlord. They made sure those things were in so we can enjoy it until the Bug fixes, Stability and balancing issues are fixed.

So i try to report as much bugs and other things as much as possible.
So the future updates will only be in game Features we have been waiting for and minor bug fixes.

Like i get what they are trying to do.
They want us to play Bannerlord in it's Warband state. Iron out everything that needs to be fixed. They released it in this state, So they know what issues everyone is having. What PC builds needs fixing and all that.
Once this version is all ironed out.
Then the features will start coming update by update."

Edit: ThePinkPanzer Thank you for posting this! ;D Really nice to see what they have in store.

Last edited:
Yeah, they just ported warband into new engine and the real development starts now. Problem is how much they want to do and change in one year. I really understand why people are skeptical

Yeah i stated this in another thread. I feel like that's what they are going for.

"At the moment most of the things you have in warband, Are what is in Bannerlord. They made sure those things were in so we can enjoy it until the Bug fixes, Stability and balancing issues are fixed.

So i try to report as much bugs and other things as much as possible.
So the future updates will only be in game Features we have been waiting for and minor bug fixes.

Like i get what they are trying to do.
They want us to play Bannerlord in it's Warband state. Iron out everything that needs to be fixed. They released it in this state, So they know what issues everyone is having. What PC builds needs fixing and all that.
Once this version is all ironed out.
Then the features will start coming update by update."

Exactly, they've done EA to help them complete the game, not help the players play a finished game.

Yeah, they just ported warband into new engine and the real development starts now. Problem is how much they want to do and change in one year

*facepalm* There's always one.

Back
Top Bottom