A (semi) complete list of all cut content I could find in the files

Users who are viewing this thread

Very interesting, especially the info on the companions.

Stuff like that makes me think they made a bad choice in wanting Bannerlord to be a 'generational' game where your character is supposed to have an heir the necessitates generating lords and companions. Who wants to play in a world with randomly generated NPCs when the custom made ones are so much more interesting. And it will be pretty easy to notice that generic companions use the same set of backstories as well.
Nah. Actually I was super excited about transforming Bannerlord into "generational" game. But current game's pace (snowballing issue) isn't suitable for that.

It was never a limit or consequence in previous Mount & Blade titles.

So what? It adds extra immersion.
It adds to Warband, not detract from it. It is ****ing stupid to tavel the entire world a dozen times over without time passing or it having any real effect.
Besides, given the time flow rate, your character has all the time in the world.

Besides, marrying WAS part of Warband, this is just a logical continuation. Bu hey, no one said you HAVE to get married or have kids in game. Focus on conquering if you want.

So what? It adds extra immersion.
It adds to Warband, not detract from it. It is ****ing stupid to tavel the entire world a dozen times over without time passing or it having any real effect.
Besides, given the time flow rate, your character has all the time in the world.

Besides, marrying WAS part of Warband, this is just a logical continuation. Bu hey, no one said you HAVE to get married or have kids in game. Focus on conquering if you want.
So does permanent injuries, disease, bowel movements, etc.. Maybe you should just be permanently crippled next time you take an axe to the arm. It's ****ing stupid you can get chopped up and be perfectly fine two days later.

It still stands that no other Mount and Blade forced this mechanic on players. Having an option to disable it will do nothing to stop you from enjoying it.

Great investigation and nice job with the write-up.

The game feels like a stripped down Warband right now and I fully expect this to change, even before reading this, now the hype is back on.

Calling this all of this content "cut" is very misleading. To cut something means to develop it, and during or after development decide to permanently remove it, which isn't the case with a lot of this. It is different to abandon a feature and not to include it in EA becuase it needs to be worked on more. But seems like some people are already "very disappointed", even though huge portion of this is going to be added, which i am very happy for. Early access doesn't mean "unpolished". It means early access.

Calling this all of this content "cut" is very misleading. To cut something means to develop it, and during or after development decide to permanently remove it, which isn't the case with a lot of this. It is different to abandon a feature and not to include it in EA becuase it needs to be worked on more. But seems like some people are already "very disappointed", even though huge portion of this is going to be added, which i am very happy for. Early access doesn't mean "unpolished". It means early access.
You could also read literally the first sentence.

This was very insightful to read and analyze what might work and what might not have worked but calling it “cut content” is not the best title until a developer confirms in the future what constituted as cut or not.

As you said, I would much prefer if this stuff was legacy or better yet, future content that has been in development and needs polishing before release in an update down the line.

For now, I would like the team to continue their diligent focus on stamping out bugs and crashes before adding in their planned features. Meanwhile, it is our job as a community to report the bugs and help point out unresolved issues if not aware.

So does permanent injuries, disease, bowel movements, etc.. Maybe you should just be permanently crippled next time you take an axe to the arm. It's ****ing stupid you can get chopped up and be perfectly fine two days later.

Perma death is an option ya know.

Also, the same argument can be used for any ounce of realism added or NOT added. It's a pointless Slippery Slope argument: "You added/didn't THIS, so why not THAT?"
Argue for the merit of lack of the mechanic, rather than point out how annoying mechanic Y, that isn't even in-game would be. (or perhaps I should say SPECIFIC IMPLEMENTATION of mechanic Y), since things you mention CAN be done well or add to the game, depending.

...right...but you're talking about how stupid it if people don't age, when it has never been a part of the series before this release. It's not pointless, enough that you think it's important age, but don't care if you heal from being stabbed and slashed in two days. Having the option to remove aging would just make the experience more like previous Mount & Blade games.

As of now, the new mechanic is detracting from the experience for some players who have enjoyed EVERY OTHER M&B TITLE. The new mechanic is not objectively an improvement. If the sweaties are so concerned about their immersion, they can play the game as is.

...right...but you're talking about how stupid it if people don't age, when it has never been a part of the series before this release. It's not pointless, enough that you think it's important age, but don't care if you heal from being stabbed and slashed in two days. Having the option to remove aging would just make the experience more like previous Mount & Blade games.

As of now, the new mechanic is detracting from the experience for some players who have enjoyed EVERY OTHER M&B TITLE. The new mechanic is not objectively an improvement. If the sweaties are so concerned about their immersion, they can play the game as is.
how many times has your character died so far? Sorry to hear that it’s happened enough to detract from your experience.

It's not so much an issue that your character specifically will die (which I personally dislike) but rather everything that comes about as a consequence of that (randomly-generated lame companions, essentially faceless and purposeless Lords, a ****ed levelling system, etc.). The fact that there is no import/export feature is the icing on the **** cake.

how many times has your character died so far? Sorry to hear that it’s happened enough to detract from your experience.
It's the fact that it's inevitable. If I want to continue the playthrough, I have to play the The Sims and raise a family. It makes it so you can't explore or play the game at your own pace since you are on the clock. I've already seen players upset with this as they travel the map, wait for certain quests, or have to rest and burn time if they wish advance in smithing. All it does is create limits and time constraints when the previous series had none.

Perma-death is an option for COMBAT, not for age. Your character will still die from old age. I like this, I support this. But still, I want the option to disable it (and with it, disable your fertility, perhaps - no heirs, so no crazy shenanigans from the AI or unexpected events, maybe get into it and make your character find the "immortality stone" or something, it's really easy and cheesy to do, but it might just work and that's what matters). I don't think I'd ever disable perma-death, but I'd like the freedom to choose it, especially since many people don't like the idea of losing their character. No matter how long your character lives, it's undue pressure knowing the clock is ticking every waiting minute you spend trying to heal, if you want to enjoy that specific charcter, and not the whole clan business.

Perma-death is an option for COMBAT, not for age. Your character will still die from old age. I like this, I support this. But still, I want the option to disable it (and with it, disable your fertility, perhaps - no heirs, so no crazy shenanigans from the AI or unexpected events, maybe get into it and make your character find the "immortality stone" or something, it's really easy and cheesy to do, but it might just work and that's what matters). I don't think I'd ever disable perma-death, but I'd like the freedom to choose it, especially since many people don't like the idea of losing their character. No matter how long your character lives, it's undue pressure knowing the clock is ticking every waiting minute you spend trying to heal, if you want to enjoy that specific charcter, and not the whole clan business.
This guy gets it.

Some of the cut content is very interesting and more immersive. I'm okay with random companions, so long as I could customize them. I liked the engagment before marriage part. I didn't even realize I was married at first. No scene or anything. Wish they still had a wedding scene and feasts. I like the generational play. In fact, for me it is a huge selling point, though at the moment it's not complete as lords don't marry, aside from you. I do, however, I agree it should be an option with a slider. I hardly see why not. This way, they will choose either between those who like generational play or those who don't and lock out the opposing party. A slider would allow both kinds of people to enjoy.

Fun Fact: Warband had aging mechanics in it, kind of. If you played past 1000 or so days you begin to lose stats randomly, eventually turning your player into a feeble wreck with no skills and no way to level up if you're near the level cap. It's one of many features in warband which nobody notices or even knows about, but it shows that this is something Armagan thought necessary to put into the game from back in 2010.

Fun Fact: Warband had aging mechanics in it, kind of. If you played past 1000 or so days you begin to lose stats randomly, eventually turning your player into a feeble wreck with no skills and no way to level up if you're near the level cap. It's one of many features in warband which nobody notices or even knows about, but it shows that this is something Armagan thought necessary to put into the game from back in 2010.
This. And it was an essential mod for many people: "remove the ability decay over 700 days". I actually never reached more than 400 days I think, still, I shuddered at the thought of it. And you are right, seems like something Armagan thought necessary since the early days.

Voices:
There are no voice files I see, however there are strings referring to what voice strings *should be added. The opening of the document has the following blurb which should give you an idea of what the voices will be like:*
  • From voice_strings.xml in SandBox:

• The same file has what looks like what looks like every line TW intends to voice, an interesting read if you're curious
Misc:
  • The ability to wait at hideouts--unknown if that means your own--is listed as a menu option in game_menus.xml in SandBox.
  • trait_strings.xml references several blurbs for player traits that currently do not exist anywhere:

• The file settlements.xml contains all of the names for the cities and towns, the root origin of their name and what they become in Warband if possible, and sometimes a blurb describing them. The only removed settlement in the file is 'Sunor' which is derived from 'Sonotorea' or in English 'City of the Deliverer', the predecessor of Suno, and an associated village named Surusbec. It's possible this was removed as it was a Vlandian town and they already have plenty
  • The file sp_battle_scenes.xml contains numerous cut battle scenes, around a third of them in total
  • The file animations_animals.xml has animations for rabbits
  • monster_usages.xml contains reference to animations for burning to death
While this is a really interesting list, I think “cut content” is a bit misleading. I don’t for a second think any of this is cut, just not currently accessible as they work through early access. If everything listed here was in game they would have so many bug reports they’d never get anything done for having to read them.
I hope this wasn’t your intention, but I feel the need to again stress that if you buy an EARLY ACCESS game, you cannot expect to receive a complete finished product. I have no doubts most of not all of this content will eventually be present

Back
Top Bottom