A Sad Day for Persistent Frontier

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stared at this rule for a good thirty seconds.

1. No Trolling,Griefing,Glitching,Cheating or Exploiting at all under any circumstances

And I am baffled by it.

Now, today I was banned for a violation of this. Apparently, I was glitching or exploiting. I have seen the rules before and I have seen them again after being advised by the admin announcements, and all this seems quite reasonable, except I was permanently banned without being told much beforehand.

According to Admin Lions, I was glitching by spawning in the Colonial Settlement to get to the battle quicker and easier, and this was in the thirty seconds or so before I was permanently banned. No warning. Absolutely not. Apparently, Delasko had announced that this was wrong earlier during the day. So my question is this - How can the Persistent Frontier administration honestly expect players to follow single sentence rules that possess no examples, no specific information, and makeshift changes announced every now and then? How can they just announce something and expect everyone to follow it all, whether they've seen it or not, and then ban violators? 

I find this to be very disappointing, and a bad sign for the future.

Ya know if you play the mod as a first version of course it will have some rough around the edges shakeups happen during the early days. I would like to see both sides of this story though..sounds like intriguing rule interpretation.

redhelwar said:
Ooh, this'll be good. What faction were you playing as

I was the Ottoman Empire, which I lead.

DrTaco said:
The admin explained (I suppose) it with - "[Austro] said it [The exploit] was a perm ban." Or to that effect, anyway.

Yes, he said that, and he had also said that Delasko announced it earlier. Either way, the reasoning in this ban is simply ridiculous and insulting.

Exactly. That, and the term exploit can be interpreted differently. What about jumping from walls to roofs? That could be an "exploit" too. If they wish to ban people for exploits, they should tell specifically what they mean by exploit in the ruleboard.

Temp or Perma?

Also,

I'm getting tired of all these people complaining/crying on the forums about getting banned. Why don't you come into the PF TeamSpeak and actually TALK to an admin instead of causing a rage fest on the forums which will delay an Admin actually talking to you about the problem.

People need to learn that raging on the forums doesn't get you help. Coming into the TS and having a civilized discussion about your ban and why you shouldn't be banned etc. works a lot better.

SirKnightSK said:
Temp or Perma?

Also,

I'm getting tired of all these people complaining/crying on the forums about getting banned. Why don't you come into the PF TeamSpeak and actually TALK to an admin instead of causing a rage fest on the forums which will delay an Admin actually talking to you about the problem.

People need to learn that raging on the forums doesn't get you help. Coming into the TS and having a civilized discussion about your ban and why you shouldn't be banned etc. works a lot better.

I don't have a mic. Do you want me to go buy one now so that I can help the admins who can't seem to resolve things through simple chat?

Duke_Tritus said:
SirKnightSK said:
Temp or Perma?

Also,

I don't have a mic. Do you want me to go buy one now so that I can help the admins who can't seem to resolve things through simple chat?

typing [ˈtaɪpɪŋ]
V.
1. the work or activity of using a typewriter or word processor
2. the skill of using a typewriter quickly and accurately

Ex. Hey Austro, I don't have a mic, how am I supposed to complain to you?
      Don't worry! You can type to me over TeamSpeak! Or better yet Steam Community chat!

What i think is that a new admin was on the server and some player who did not like you or is a noob told a admin and unfortunately u got perma banned and in game u should of told that admin where is the proof they got to have picture proof of what u were doing not some idiot saying to ban you because when i tell the admin who randomer is killing everybody they got to have proof any way so they should do that to everybody not just me.And yes u should buy a mic and get on teamspeak and tell them your mind 

In the context of this mod, an exploit is something that allows you to do something that will break the flow of the game. Climbing on roofs is OK by my books, but climbing on roofs in order to capture a flag that is not supposed to be captured is an exploit. Using a teleporter to teleport behind enemy lines is also an exploit; There's an Immigrant class changing point next to the teleporter for a reason, they're supposed to be only used by people who wish to have a fresh start in their game by leaving their faction, going to the teleport hub and choosing what to do next.

Slayton said:
Tritus is a good player; such an exploitation should not be his fault, he is just smart enough to use it.
True enough, and the exploit should be put under surveillance and let people know that using it is not allowed. As of now there's nothing I can do to prevent the exploit from being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom