A realistic approach to a full siege

would this be a fantastic addition ?

• yes - it would change the entire experience

• no its too complex

• not really bothered

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd like to have the opportunity to play D more in sieges but have no idea how this could be implemented in a balanced way. I guess I could roll around with just some companions or something and break in but that also doesn't seem ideal. Have any strategies worked for you guys to get in on them?

..and what about the Wall's trench / MOAT ???? far more important.

troops need to carry bundles of wood (f-a--g--g--o--t) to fill the trench before the tower can move forward.

I would prefer to see this happen , make sieges longer and more expensive in lives.

I don't have much sense of nostalgia for Warband sieges. They could be fun at times, but it was one of the weaker parts of the game compared to what it could potentially have been. Bannerlord is more ambitious about it, which is good... but there's a lot of problems to work through at this point.

For me Warband sieges kind of devolved into bringing an army full of Rhodok Sharpshooters and having them hold fire behind their shields until the defenders ran out of arrows. Then fire at will to wipe out a wave of defenders. Hold fire while the new wave spawned in and expended their arrows. Fire at will. etc. Repeat. Win.
what I am finding with banner lord is now that problem is replaced with armies running past each other to get to either the wall or the gate. there is little tactical value to the game - much like warband... one single point is win or loose

..and what about the Wall's trench / MOAT ???? far more important.

troops need to carry bundles of wood (f-a--g--g--o--t) to fill the trench before the tower can move forward.

I would prefer to see this happen , make sieges longer and more expensive in lives.
a moat would make it a lot harder for sure

Back
Top Bottom