A pure role play deviation of PW would include; (For the dreamers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Adelade

Veteran
-Names tags only being shown when revealed to you by a person
-A realistic economy that fluctuates by supply and demand.
-A persistent need for food water and rest.
-A characters skills have to be developed by actual training..
- A realistic wound system that decreases players performances based on the severity of the wound and location and a one life system if the player becomes too wounded (Not saying they cant be knocked out but maybe if they were knocked out too many times without visiting a doctor the character would die)
-An agreed upon set of roleplay rules. (Such as dungeons and dragons)
-Dice rolls for settling matters of powergaming and for split branchlines in roleplay.
-An advanced banking with the option to pay for actual improvements on your castle or the map or to invest your money.
-An advanced faction management system and a persistent map; (IE crpgesque)
-Persistent gear for the same character
-Reducing the need of admins and allowing civil law to be take order (IE you can random but your character will be sentenced to death by the lord whos duty is to protect his people)
-People being able to be set to outlaw by the faction leader they're in and with valid roleplay.
-An agreed upon storyline and history and setting.
-The ability to get a playerwritten description of the player you are looking at upon pressing a key.
-A time system

Please discuss my own ideas or post your own! This is all implying that the hardcoded limitations of warband do not exist.

Well, the mod code is released to the public. with a bit o' elbow grease and a whole lot of time you could create an independent mod with all of these proposed features.

You know, if ya really wanted too.

Hah..Hahah..Hhahah...Haaah! Hah.. Hahah.... Haah.. Alright i'm done, now back on track, did you steal my shrooms or socks? Because those two combinations are not for normal people so if you did, please call the ambulance and whatever you do, don't let the fox steal your cookies! Or just to say it in a more simple matter "You must be trippin maainh"

My pure role play PW would not include an economy, this has more of an focus on realism than roleplaying

Herbiazors said:
Hah..Hahah..Hhahah...Haaah! Hah.. Hahah.... Haah.. Alright i'm done, now back on track, did you steal my shrooms or socks? Because those two combinations are not for normal people so if you did, please call the ambulance and whatever you do, don't let the fox steal your cookies! Or just to say it in a more simple matter "You must be trippin maainh"

Thank you for your incredibly intelligent and much needed input.

Edit: At what point exactly did you "get back on track"?

Indeed, i am simply inputting my opinion of that he or she must've been taken some sort of drugs. And intelligent? I hope you are being sarcastic, because i don't use the head ontop, i use the one down there, that's why i'm personally a ****

Herbiazors said:
Indeed, i am simply inputting my opinion of that he or she must've been taken some sort of drugs. And intelligent? I hope you are being sarcastic, because i don't use the head ontop, i use the one down there, that's why i'm personally a ****

What did I just read...?

Alright, back to the topic. Continue, friends.

Alternatively, you could play on the Warband-rp server (formerly the "swadian rp" server) which has many of these features.

Please, do not advertise for other mods, the PW mod board is for talk about PW and things around it. Also it's not that a great system, it works, but it's not any better than PW, but he could simply make his own server if he or she wants something like this, so he or she can be king or queen in his/her own little kingdom

Well in my opinion realism and RP go hand in hand in some aspects. Realism forces people to roleplay out some aspects that they wouldn't otherwise. What good would it be if you had noblemen who didnt earn the resources that they rule with and only a nobleman because they want to roleplay a nobleman? Also I believe that WRP relies too much on admins because that was the way it was designed, I propose a semi-independent gametype.

You'd have someone strolling around on a horse killing anyone who dissobeys. Which is exactly what i would do.. It would be very good if everyone was noblemen, because then i'd have more blue blooded people to kill

If you have to force people to roleplay, why roleplay at all? We're all here to have fun, aren't we?

Then again, this has turned into a community which just looooves long periods of doing nothing,
running around aimlessly and hitting rocks with a pick. So maybe we aren't here to have fun, maybe
this is about calming down after returning from a car crash or having survived a knife fight.

PW is about sitting in a corner and waiting for someone to start a war or to troll someone into fighting or to RP with the small group of three or four roleplayers.. Roleplay in itself is fun and this mod would be designed for those who enjoy roleplay.. How can more realism and a real economy be a bad thing? It is also about looking closely when you enter into a fight or a war to see if anyone breaks a rule so you can complain in admin chat when you lose.

Back
Top Bottom