A praise to the sound designers/editors

Users who are viewing this thread

One of the best aspect of the game, as it is right now, is the sound effects imo.

Sounds feel real, grounded and great.

From incredible horse steps to foot steps on snowy terrain, to ambient sounds, UI sounds and of course, the music.
So many games neglect it, or just miss the target. But TW nailed it here.

It's just great so, please give an applause to the sound designers/editors if you agree, I think they deserve it (as the rest of the team obviously).

???? ? ??

I concur. Lighting, sounds, and animations are really bringing the immersion. I especially like the reins handling; its the little things that make a difference. Oh, and the equipment shifting with movement. Ah, there's just so many great things with Bannerlord.

Sound design is easily the best features of the game, even with a couple offputting errors with the voice acting referring to cavalry as "infantry"

True, I feel like we could have more battle sounds though, screams, sword chings, arrow wooshes and whatever to add more atmosphere.

True, I feel like we could have more battle sounds though, screams, sword chings, arrow wooshes and whatever to add more atmosphere.

There is also, albeit extremely limited, voice acting for NPCs and they will plan to implement more of this and what you stated for sure.

We had arrow twangs and such in Warband, I am sure they can do the same with the excellent sound design so far and if not worst case scenario we always have mods :smile:

I concur. Lighting, sounds, and animations are really bringing the immersion. I especially like the reins handling; its the little things that make a difference. Oh, and the equipment shifting with movement. Ah, there's just so many great things with Bannerlord.
There is voice acting in the game right now? I think I heard one woman NPC in the storyline for like 3 sentences...

Yes! Agree!

One battle I was behind a hill setting up my men when I hear the deeeeep rumbling slow sound of rolling thunder... louder and louder and the sound of that thundering cavalry really shook me up! Had to change plans suddenly as they were upon us. I hadn't looked at the enemy army composition beforehand, stupid ass plan.

The sound of it was incredible! I could tell there were HUNDREDS!

Um I hear these things. You do not? Literally hear people screaming in death, arrows and other missiles whooshing past my ear and nearly ending me, sometimes the guy targetting me even screams at me to DIE! And then I know where he is- and about how far- without even looking (the surround sound is amazing), sword chings when my men are engaged and blocking.

What are you on about?

Um I hear these things. You do not? Literally hear people screaming in death, arrows and other missiles whooshing past my ear and nearly ending me, sometimes the guy targetting me even screams at me to DIE! And then I know where he is- and about how far- without even looking (the surround sound is amazing), sword chings when my men are engaged and blocking.

What are you on about?
6bfe7af71acc04d5791defc5e502f933.png

Is that Usanc Castle in your signature? The best looking castle in the game. I wish there was a castle like Grünwalder in Bannerlord though.

True indeed! The sound and the atmosphere of the game are amazing! I would totally buy a Soundtrack DLC, if that is available some day! Love the music!!!

But you can only hear what is actually happening around you. The non-addition of fake noise is what makes their soundscape so special. The sound cues are meaningful and not just set dressing.

Snide link back at you...
I don't mean fake noise, maybe I'm just too immersed in the battle I'm not hearing it but I'm talking about people screaming as they die and stuff like this, I still think what we have now is great but I want it more gritty.

Is that Usanc Castle in your signature? The best looking castle in the game. I wish there was a castle like Grünwalder in Bannerlord though.
Yes it is, I think it's shared between multiple castles right now but yeah when it has the fully stone walls it looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom