A possible workshop bug

Users who are viewing this thread

jy571

Recruit
I had opened a workshop at Ortysia and there have been no activities on this workshop ever since. I thought it was just a matter of time but it kept showing no change in the balance for a few weeks, no matter which type of workshop I switched it into, while the other workshops worked normally. After I sold it and repurchased once again, the problem solved.
I have alreday uploaded one of my savefiles, in which the workshop with problem still exists. Could you please have a look? Thank you very much.

Last edited:
I also experience this in Orthogand and Akkalat. Something of note that I remember doing there is selling a few crafted swords. That might have ruined the economy and caused this, but I don't know for sure. Any info would be nice.

I also experience this in Orthogand and Akkalat. Something of note that I remember doing there is selling a few crafted swords. That might have ruined the economy and caused this, but I don't know for sure. Any info would be nice.
That makes me think about something I noticed as well, but I can't really be sure about it.
When I sell a lot of loot in a town for an amount capping the available money, the workshop I own in that town (if any) seems to underperform afterwards.
But it never reached zero income, so that's why I didn't really worry about.

That makes me think about something I noticed as well, but I can't really be sure about it.
When I sell a lot of loot in a town for an amount capping the available money, the workshop I own in that town (if any) seems to underperform afterwards.
But it never reached zero income, so that's why I didn't really worry about.
Yeah maybe when OP sold and repurchased, they gave the town some money from the loss, and it got the economy running again. Maybe we can compare our town's prosperity with other towns and see if there's any correlation.

Last edited:
Here is a quick test over 5 days.
I reloaded every time to keep same initial conditions.
No raid was done in nearby villages.

1) I didn't take any action
2) I sold stuff to set the town gold to 0, only the first day.
3) I sold stuff every days to keep 0 gold over 5 days.

Town / ProsperityShop typeIncome level - Initial1) No action2) 0 gold on 1st day3) 0 gold every days
Balgard /4035Brewery12712111676
Tyal / 2290Brewery12211410577

We can see that every time the town gold reaches 0, it actually impacts the workshop income.
At least this test allows me to confirm what I was suspecting :wink:

Coming back to OP, it may be a bug but it may be the consequence of town wealth as well.
And as you said, maybe after repurchasing the workshop, the economy could recover.

Here is a quick test over 5 days.
I reloaded every time to keep same initial conditions.
No raid was done in nearby villages.

1) I didn't take any action
2) I sold stuff to set the town gold to 0, only the first day.
3) I sold stuff every days to keep 0 gold over 5 days.

Town / ProsperityShop typeIncome level - Initial1) No action2) 0 gold on 1st day3) 0 gold every days
Balgard /4035Brewery12712111676
Tyal / 2290Brewery12211410577

We can see that every time the town gold reaches 0, it actually impacts the workshop income.
At least this test allows me to confirm what I was suspecting :wink:

Coming back to OP, it may be a bug but it may be the consequence of town wealth as well.
And as you said, maybe after repurchasing the workshop, the economy could recover.
Thanks for your test, however, in my case, the city still has more than 30 thousand denars

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom