A positive thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

I have found myself feeling a bit worn down by all the negativity on the the board, but I do love seeing all the awesome discussion, when it rolls around. Let's post some positive things that we are excited about when it comes to Bannerlord! Get some good vibes flowing. To start I am really excited since there really hasnt been another game that captures a combination of real time strategy and combat. Plus the skill based multiplayer is pretty hard to top.

I'm hopeful that kingdoms will be much harder to control and internal faction politics will matter more.  No longer can a proto-Harlaus feast on butter for weeks as castles fall to the Rhodoks... in Bannerlord, an upstart Haringoth or Mirchaud can gain enough influence to overthrow him and ascend to the throne!  Much more interesting than the divine kingship we saw in Warband.  I wonder if civil wars will actually be possible... it certainly sounds like it will if a lord gains enough influence and allies to rival the king.

One good thing for me to deviate from bannerlord anxiety is the upcoming totalwar: three kingdoms. In general TW is a larger scale MB, but three kingdoms adds lots more RPG element for both factions and generals. I even find myself not to refresh develop blog page every 10 mins on Thursdays now which I used to do in the past a year and a half.

MEMES

Now seriously, I would personally choose the mechanics of the Dynasties and how it relates to the death and aging of the characters. For me that mechanics + 3 levels AI (hopefully well implemented) + Advanced Diplomacy (hopefully a mixture on the level of diplomatic options of ad1257 + medieval conquest + floris).

Scyrius said:
Let's post some positive things that we are excited about when it comes to Bannerlord!
This is refreshing and I support this attitude.
But I'm only here for the Bannerlord memes and jokes. I'm pretty sure they'll explode when Bannerlord is released and that's exciting enough.

I am also excited for the increased diplomacy mechanics as well as the dynasty feature. I think it will be a cool extra layer into the game that will add depth, not only for those who like to focus on the RPG side but also how will it affect game play as a whole!

First of all I find that I really look forward to the Thursday dev-blogs, even if I have been "disappointed" by a few of them, I still hunger for any titbit of news =)
Moreso,  I've recently re-re-re-rewatched all the gameplay footage and nevermind all the cool new gameplay features and graphics! I just couldn't help but notice the sigil on the player banners and I'm found myself wondering the last couple of days, what symbol I'll choose the first time I get to pick one :grin:

That this thread exists, and we haven't been entirely swamped by miffed troglodytes.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to the Captain's multiplayer mode, I'm looking forward to taking back the world for the good of Battania, and I want to slaughter my enemies from the back of my glorious camel.

Regardless of delay, I'm expecting good things from this game and I'm excited to get my hands on it.

Bannerlord's early game stuff is done, there is a multiplayer beta on the horizon, today's blog will tell us something about Gamescom, sieges have been improved upon from Warband, permadeath and inheritance issues seem to be almost done with (or at least on the finishing touches wink wink), the map looks gorgeous (it amazes me how good it looks, though I'd like to see how it renders in low-end machines), and the prospect of having the ability to wage economic wars is very enticing

Terco_Viejo said:
MEMES

Now seriously, I would personally choose the mechanics of the Dynasties and how it relates to the death and aging of the characters. For me that mechanics + 3 levels AI (hopefully well implemented) + Advanced Diplomacy (hopefully a mixture on the level of diplomatic options of ad1257 + medieval conquest + floris).
I can't second this enough. 
Code:
[b][u]MEMES[/u][/b]
This prospect (and hope
Code:
tm
) is what makes me dream about the game. The possibilities of creating an enduring dynasty, progress with you children through 'history'... Maybe a reasonably complex faction system that is more than a football club where you're either in or you're out. Maybe events, and realm building...

We can only hope
Code:
tm

I am excited for the game. But the memes keep me alive sometimes. And this may not sound too positive, but I love reading angry posters. Its like following a serial killer before capture. Every new headline draws me in. Sometimes they're worth a good laugh.

tJmb5Vj.gif

Terco_Viejo said:
MEMES

Well said.

+1

The actual combat looks very good at the very least. Maybe not the AI such as in Gamescom gameplay from last year...

And yes, dynasties is going to really set this game apart from Warband. I guess for Gamescom, set up a scripted game where the player dies and we get to see them take over a new body. It may not convey the true feeling of this but better than nothing.

Following today's dev blog I can 100% insert the amazing news that we will get some really great videos out of gamescom this year. Although it is four months away I am hyped

Back
Top Bottom