a posibly crazzy idea for yall to chew on

Users who are viewing this thread

truth1001

Recruit
what if you just ditched all or most of the native factions entirely?

im assuming that wuld free up the faction slots right?

or is this departing too much from native?

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS MY BRETHREN

I mean i tend to ignore the naive factions when im playing this mod anyway, there cannon fodder compared with most anything else
(well ok i do tend to be mage heavy)

plus if you just throw em out you dont have to worry about balancing them anymore

for example if it was mine to do id give the elves all of swadia plant a buncha trees with the map editor and call it the great forest or some such.

kick out the nords in favor of the munchkins :twisted: and mabey "hide" all those major citys inside mountains? ( im not even sure that's possible but hell it wuld be cool)

that sort of stuff

the mages and the blazing hand could  represent the two opposing ideals of humanity ( they kinda already do) i.e. one sides progressive in terms of magic and tech while the others strictly traditionalist sticking to the old gods

id put em close together and make em hate each other to death :twisted:

1) As far as I remember, there is no such thing as faction limit.
2) As far as I know (I'm not really a modder, I can basically just copy and paste), it would be a damn hell lot of work to remove a native faction.
3) IMHO, those factions should stay - you can choose between being the fantasy guy or being the guy eradicating all unnatural. Or something in between.

I prefer the native factions in. It's one of the only mods that expands on native rather than utterly replaces it.

Though I wouldn't be against some monster race rising up with a claimant that the player can champion :wink: if we wanted to keep the number of factions static. Naga in the desert for example, lizardmen in the forests, skaven just generally being a nuisance around the center of the map, that sort of thing. You could combine lizardmen and naga too I guess that would work :smile:. Hoards of cheap skaven sound fun too, just you and your companions trying to hold out.

What I hope for most of all is some late game challenges, a few more really, really tough unique spawns that nobody else targets, just the player for those last end game moments or battles.

But I see no problem for most computers technically just adding a race or two more at the edges of the map, its all down to the workload and time it takes.

truth1001 said:
seems i stand alone in thinking phantasy phantasy would be freakin awesome  :party: :razz:

Your not alone  :grin:. I agree they can't be removed since it kinda ruins the whole premise of the mod, but the native factions are just sooooooo useless. I would remove them in favor for even more types of factions, but miniature ones. I don't think having too many BIG factions is smart, as it is just too much at times.

I really like the idea of the elves, dwarves, ridas magocracy, drow, undead, and orcs to be the main factions just fighting against each other with a bunch of other mini-factions around. I mean honestly those are the best factions I can personally think of to be the biggest. Although If I did add another big faction I would do this; set the mod centuries after warband native, and then have one large faction of Calradians, remnants of the long lost world that existed before, once from separate kingdoms now in a team together to regain their land from the newcomers. And like I said there could be minor factions everywhere like the demons, each having one or two castles or something.

Of course that won't happen, and shouldn't, because then it wouldn't be the phantasy calradia we know and love. I just wanted to share my thoughts and say that I agree with you about native factions being somewhat obsolete, and also think someone on this forum needs to get started on phantasy phantasy right freaking now  :party: :party: :party:

Native factions help you because they allow you to easily collect land if you happen to have troops that excel against them. Their advantages are that they have strength in numbers and a lot of land.

So you could potentially steam roll them if you have an easy way to collect troops or you use dwarves/play a cleric.

I like it this way because you can go months in the game without seeing many of the fantasy factions. Like the zombies and the paladins. There's a variety of different enemies to fight and it's less boring.

Now instead of potentially removing -all- the native factions, they could absorb a few of them into the others. Like the Khergits and Sarranids getting fused and the Rhodoks and the Vaegirs being one faction, all of which have troops taking advantage of this union.

This would make them tougher and give a massive numbers advantage, making it much harder for the fantasy factions to take them out.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
and the Rhodoks and the Vaegirs being one faction

Come say that to my face and not on the internet and we'll see if you still think that's such a good idea when my Rhodok cleaver burrows into your face.  :mad: :evil: :fruity:

Clearly, in this Phantasy scenario, the Rhodoks and Vaegirs worked out their differences and agreed to become brothers to ensure their mutual survival. They were the greatest of enemies, but having to deal with an orc, zombie and dark elf apocalypse has made them the best of friends.

It's like a buddy cop movie if everyone in the society had a new partner they hated but eventually grew to love.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Clearly, in this Phantasy scenario, the Rhodoks and Vaegirs worked out their differences and agreed to become brothers to ensure their mutual survival. They were the greatest of enemies, but having to deal with an orc, zombie and dark elf apocalypse has made them the best of friends.

It's like a buddy cop movie if everyone in the society had a new partner they hated but eventually grew to love.

No , please no. That is even worse than a nightmare.
Guspav only needs to enlarge the map if he wants to add new factions.

FrijolitoJR said:
Morrowind Mod Man said:

No , please no. That is even worse than a nightmare.
Guspav only needs to enlarge the map if he wants to add new factions.

The map has already been enlarged.

Where? it seems like the phantasy factions are all just tucked into little corners.

or do you mean its been enlarged in the next update? cuzz if so i totally missed that.

Didn't you notice how much larger the worldmap has become after the last update? I might be remembering wrong because I haven't touched Phantasy Calradia in ages, but I'm pretty sure the worldmap was enlarged.

Back
Top Bottom