A plea to TW: dont make all politics menu based. Give us ministers and castellans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Agreed. It would be break the gameplay flow if you need to go back to your castle every time you want to make a decision though. I would suggest to add a minister and messenger mechanic. So if you go to your castle you can make decisions directly. If you are out in the field you can send a messenger (which takes more time and might be less efficient). It's just wishful thinking though, chances that it gets implemented are pretty low in my opinion because of the extra work.

Just the title. There are no quests from lords, no ministers, advisors, constables, castellans, no feasts to greet and meet. No finance, recruitement or policy management, no nothing. There is currently NOTHING to do in the lords hall.

I am full of hope, however, that this will be fixed and I am fully aware the title is in the early access stage.

Im just asking, though, that when those changes do be implemented, that at least there is some semblance of earlier titles and that we attend those matters into lords halls. Not everything should be catered to new players and made into an extraordinarily simple tab decision on the campaign map. I hope that someone who watches these forums at least mentions it to the developers in some meetings
I agrre that lack somehting to do during peace and as lord/ruler
But, we have the governos.. which they should expand their function even more (maybe the governor acts as castellan? or a minister/steward?

Why do people keep missing that the 3 Imperial factions are due to a VERY recent break up and that they don’t have strictly separate cultures.

It’s honestly more immersive that they exist in the state they do, signifying they have the same core culture, versus making the three different

What are you talking about? How is this relevant to the topic of the discussion?

At the very least, these menus should be presented in a more personable way, like a "war room" with your main advisors as background, or a dialogue with your minister/chamberlain/whatever.

Exactly! :party: I had thought of something similar to the council room, with a camera view similar to the GoT scene.

0DnEz.jpg
Game-of-thrones-season-8-finale-tyrion-1558351315.jpg

I would personally readapt some room to bring back those three figures we found in Floris. Also, as there would be space available at the table, we could include in the scene the wife/husband (if available) with her/his line of dialogue and also the Governor (if available) with her/his own line as well.
Maybe a button in the kingdom administration panel would load the throne chamber scene already sitting on the tables or within that scene that the trigger would be to sit on the main chair... ideas...?

Just the title. There are no quests from lords, no ministers, advisors, constables, castellans, no feasts to greet and meet. No finance, recruitement or policy management, no nothing. There is currently NOTHING to do in the lords hall.

I am full of hope, however, that this will be fixed and I am fully aware the title is in the early access stage.

Im just asking, though, that when those changes do be implemented, that at least there is some semblance of earlier titles and that we attend those matters into lords halls. Not everything should be catered to new players and made into an extraordinarily simple tab decision on the campaign map. I hope that someone who watches these forums at least mentions it to the developers in some meetings
We have nothing to do anywhere, other than the battlefield and the main map, I haven't visited a town or city since the early days, if they don't add content to those sites, it can be said that it was wasted work because nobody is going over there.I even avoid helping a village because the battles there are horrible. The cities, and the villages, the dungeons and the halls are a huge wasteland.

The way this game presents anything is completely ruining the immersion and I think they'll need to write it from the scratch. Even vanilla warband felt more alive. This world does not draw players into it, it repels them.

Look at 1.54 This is from 2015 and we have nothing similar to this other than Istiania's 2 lines

Exactly! :party: I had thought of something similar to the council room, with a camera view similar to the GoT scene.

0DnEz.jpg

I would personally readapt some room to bring back those three figures we found in Floris. Also, as there would be space available at the table, we could include in the scene the wife/husband (if available) with her/his line of dialogue and also the Governor (if available) with her/his own line as well.
Maybe a button in the kingdom administration panel would load the throne chamber scene already sitting on the tables or within that scene that the trigger would be to sit on the main chair... ideas...?
Nice! This would be very immersive.

The way this game presents anything is completely ruining the immersion and I think they'll need to write it from the scratch. Even vanilla warband felt more alive. This world does not draw players into it, it repels them.

Look at 1.54 This is from 2015 and we have nothing similar to this other than Istiania's 2 lines

I can't believe what I'm seeing, in 2015, a pre-alpha project, or whatever, is far superior to what they launched five years later? What has happened? It looks like another game.

the game isn't finished yet. i *think* those are final touches to an already completed game. late game isn't even implemented yet.

I can't believe what I'm seeing, in 2015, a pre-alpha project, or whatever, is far superior to what they launched five years later? What has happened? It looks like another game.
Yeah, I can't understand this too! Some people post a video of game development, and they always look better that the game we have! There is a video showing a siege and the combat is far superior of what we have now!

0DnEz.jpg

I would personally readapt some room to bring back those three figures we found in Floris.

Many of the halls I have been already have space and some tables, but most of the time no one using them. They could certainly use some love

The only real difference I can see is the voice acting which adds a lot to the atmosphere. That's something I don't understand by the way, there isn't much text in the game, why isn't it fully voiced? I know that voice acting requires lots of effort, but you don't need a voice actor for every individual NPC in my opinion (just like you don't need a unique hairstyle for every individual NPC).

The amount of data seemingly present in the files but not yet used is one of the few things that I try to see as a sign of hope for later updates. I want to believe that TW has a plan and is silently making progress in lots of big things in the background, which would explain why they don't advance on obvious pressing issues.
Probably lot of wishful thinking, but hey.

That's something I don't understand by the way, there isn't much text in the game, why isn't it fully voiced?

Probably because a lot of it isn't in a finalized state. They've swapped out lines in more than a few quest conversations and wanderer backstories, for example.

What are you talking about? How is this relevant to the topic of the discussion?
The post right above the original. Why are we pulling my post as if no one had mentioned the material of my post? If you think it doesn’t apply to what you are saying, don’t respond. It wasn’t meant for you

We have nothing to do anywhere, other than the battlefield and the main map, I haven't visited a town or city since the early days, if they don't add content to those sites, it can be said that it was wasted work because nobody is going over there.I even avoid helping a village because the battles there are horrible. The cities, and the villages, the dungeons and the halls are a huge wasteland.

I know. They need to do something here.

The amount of data seemingly present in the files but not yet used is one of the few things that I try to see as a sign of hope for later updates. I want to believe that TW has a plan and is silently making progress in lots of big things in the background, which would explain why they don't advance on obvious pressing issues.
Probably lot of wishful thinking, but hey.
Some wishful, some reasonable

Back
Top Bottom