A nord invasion as an end-game disaster?

Users who are viewing this thread

Limbojack

Veteran
Am I the only one who half-suspect/hope that TaleWorlds will be bringing the nord invasion of Calradia as an end-game disaster? Personally, I'd love it if nords behaved like an improved version of the vikings in Viking Conquest. In the early game, they'd limit themselves to the occasional village raid along the coast, while in the mid-game, larger hosts would appear, hoping to settle new lands or even seize undefended villages or castles along the shoreline. As time goes on, their presence could gradually grow until a large invasion fleet tries to carve out a kingdom or two for themselves.

I know that lore-wise, the nords would invade Calradia at some point between Bannerlord and Warband, but I'm not too familiar with the spesific years. Does anyone know if it's plausible that we could see a nord invasion in Bannerlord?

Probably won't happen in the base game.

TWs originally did something similar with earlier iterations of the original M&B by including an invasion by a force known as the "Dark Knights", but this was removed from the game.

The devs have repeatedly stated that once the game is complete, they are interested in producing a DLC with ships. If they dio eventually take that path, it would make sense to include the Nords with that DLC.

+1
This would be a great move by Taleworlds. Just as the Dark Knight invaded Calradia in the Native Expansion mod, it would be a great way to incorporate the Nords into Bannerlord without having to resort to dlcs.

Edit:
Crowcorrector you ninja me :lol:

I know that lore-wise, the nords would invade Calradia at some point between Bannerlord and Warband, but I'm not too familiar with the spesific years. Does anyone know if it's plausible that we could see a nord invasion in Bannerlord?
Definitely plausible, since we have generational play.

+1 for the idea btw.

Maybe, but the Nords never did strike me as this 'end game' disaster. The Khuzaits make a lot more sense for that sort of role if anything, what with Huns and all.

Nords just strike me as opportunistic, like the Sea Raiders we have right now.

Maybe, but the Nords never did strike me as this 'end game' disaster. The Khuzaits make a lot more sense for that sort of role if anything, what with Huns and all.

Nords just strike me as opportunistic, like the Sea Raiders we have right now.

Yes but we know that the nords invade Calradia at a later point, invade as in taking land not only raiding.

Also I love the idea, some kind of endgame would be nice. I mean after you've conquered the whole map there is absolutely nothing to do really so this mechanic would be really cool. They should be very powerfull and have a great and well equiped army also.

Yes but we know that the nords invade Calradia at a later point, invade as in taking land not only raiding.

Also I love the idea, some kind of endgame would be nice. I mean after you've conquered the whole map there is absolutely nothing to do really so this mechanic would be really cool. They should be very powerfull and have a great and well equiped army also.

Or there could be some kind of mechanic setting this off. Likeif you kill the leader of the Khuzaits the Huns come or when Calradia is overall very prosperous the Nords see it as profitable to invade. Or something similar, just shooting out ideas.

Maybe, but the Nords never did strike me as this 'end game' disaster.

I guess it depends on how they choose to implement it, but we know that the nords eventually will invade Calradia and make their own kingdom, just like the Great Heathen Army did historically.

That being said, the huns could have been an interesting end-game crisis as well had it not been for the khuzaits already being a playable faction.

If we were all living in a happy Arcadia, where Bannerlord already had the combat and naval transport features in place, this kind of late game event would make much more sense.
Imagine playing a campaign within the current map boundaries. When we reached the year 1100 (for example) a board would appear warning us that the Nord invasion was taking place. When you click on that panel, the map will expand its boundaries to the north, making the Nordlands area playable and accessible by ship.
This should be the Native.

A proper dlc, would be to add the factions of which they spoke to us in the lore in previous deliveries (Balion, Geroia, etc) and their territories (enlarging the campaign map).

I see a lot of conformity with the "dlcs" on your part guys...you are giving them a pretext for a lazy expansion :iamamoron:

About dark knights, I don't want dark knight invasion, but I think it would be cool if TW could introduce them into storyline properly, maybe player chould even make them player's own special units.
Both as 0.808's special forces, karakhergit had already been a minor faction in bannerlord, so why not we get dark knights somewhere too?

To me its not so important WHO the end game invader is but rather just that we have a mechanic in place. Rather than the strange main story we have OR having alongside it would be fun to have a whole side mission quest in which you can learn more about and perhaps weaken a possible impending doom level end game invasion. Meaning whilst your running around trying to become the one One dominant King of Caladria, there are various whispers and a characters and quests of "something coming". Should you choose to totally ignore it you may have a massive end game invasion undertaking while should you try and nip it in the bud it may be more manageable.

Either way it would make for a far more interesting mid/late game.

To me its not so important WHO the end game invader is but rather just that we have a mechanic in place. Rather than the strange main story we have OR having alongside it would be fun to have a whole side mission quest in which you can learn more about and perhaps weaken a possible impending doom level end game invasion. Meaning whilst your running around trying to become the one One dominant King of Caladria, there are various whispers and a characters and quests of "something coming". Should you choose to totally ignore it you may have a massive end game invasion undertaking while should you try and nip it in the bud it may be more manageable.

Either way it would make for a far more interesting mid/late game.
would be better if the trigger is if your kingdom is getting to big

would be better if the trigger is if your kingdom is getting to big

There could be various factors that trigger it. Kingdom size, causing too much hatred (Sturgia peasants start making some calls) and civilian destruction, perhaps even your backround that you chose etc.. The thing is too have it be unknown not some 'Player has 15 Cities = Unleash the Kraken!' type math.

The element of surprise is what stirs up excitement. For instance i once made a sea faring Arma3 mission for my old clan in which i place only 3 sharks in the entire ocean of Arma which is huge. Your chance of actually encountering one probably less than in real life at the beach - yet all the players had a fear and anticipation when scuba diving just knowing the possibility of running into one was there. Had i placed a shark every 10 meters the novelty effect would quickly wear off and it would just be annoying

Am I the only one who half-suspect/hope that TaleWorlds will be bringing the nord invasion of Calradia as an end-game disaster? Personally, I'd love it if nords behaved like an improved version of the vikings in Viking Conquest. In the early game, they'd limit themselves to the occasional village raid along the coast, while in the mid-game, larger hosts would appear, hoping to settle new lands or even seize undefended villages or castles along the shoreline. As time goes on, their presence could gradually grow until a large invasion fleet tries to carve out a kingdom or two for themselves.

Whether it is plausible or not is debatable. The Nords did not invade until after the fall of the empire, as the empire still exists even though fractured at the start of the game. It would mainly depend upon the actions of the main character and his progeny. Truthfully we would need the script writer's view on when the actual fall of the empire was.

Whether it is plausible or not is debatable. The Nords did not invade until after the fall of the empire, as the empire still exists even though fractured at the start of the game. It would mainly depend upon the actions of the main character and his progeny. Truthfully we would need the script writer's view on when the actual fall of the empire was.
similar to warhammer 2 and chaos, could just be time /strength factor or smth like this

The Empire as a whole died with Arenicos, now there are three post-imperial factions engaged in a civil war. This is the perfect setting for the Nords to make their appearance. By the way, the Nords are not white walkers...please relax your tits :lol: .

Back
Top Bottom