A month already

Users who are viewing this thread

It has been already a month since the game has been released, and still we don't have a South American server.

I don't care about singleplayer, i bought the game because I wanted to play Multiplayer, and it's not possible to play with 100+ ping. I can't see a reason because we can't have a server here, or at least host our own server. What are we? second class players? I can not Imagine the game releasing without servers in Europe or USA, so, why ignore us? It's not like there is no people in South America wanting to play the game.

d2fbe77c2f79659e9f1c076aecef3177.png

This was a month ago. What is as soon as possible? next year?
Setting up a server should take a team of developers a week at most, it already has been a month...
I have paid for the game, now, the only thing I ask is to be able to play it.

The game isn’t out yet. It’s early access. We’re all essentially Beta testers right now. When the game is fully released, then yes you deserve to have servers available, but right now finishing the game takes priority.

Also to whoever said setting up servers should be easy, do you understand that they either need to physically go to South America to establish a server center there, or iron out a service contract with a server host down there? Both of those would be time consuming.

The game isn’t out yet. It’s early access. We’re all essentially Beta testers right now. When the game is fully released, then yes you deserve to have servers available, but right now finishing the game takes priority.

Also to whoever said setting up servers should be easy, do you understand that they either need to physically go to South America to establish a server center there, or iron out a service contract with a server host down there? Both of those would be time consuming.

Well I paid to be included in the beta, and I'm out of it at the moment. You don't need to go physically to set up a server, thats absolutely bollocks. We have hosted plenty of servers ourselves.

That is a pretty silly thing to say. The beta period is over, right now this person paid full price to experience/test this game. That is like saying people who experience crashes constantly aren't a priority, even though for the past month they have been and rightfully so.

I believe they have higher priority fixes than setting up servers in a low pop / low profitability area , on release they might .

Shove it up your ass mate this **** was acceptable in the ps3 era of gaming, but now we have a right to demand servers. I don't even play MP (yet), but I'm tired of having to play with american children (most obnoxious demographic on the internet) on every game I play online when there are plenty of Argies or Hues around

Shove it up your ass mate this **** was acceptable in the ps3 era of gaming, but now we have a right to demand servers. I don't even play MP (yet), but I'm tired of having to play with american children (most obnoxious demographic on the internet) on every game I play online when there are plenty of Argies or Hues around
So other companies are doing same thing then. Seems there is a very good business reason that is happening then and will probably continue until that is corrected it’s a business not a charity.

So other companies are doing same thing then. Seems there is a very good business reason that is happening then and will probably continue until that is corrected it’s a business not a charity.
1. Most companies let you set your own servers
2. Most current multiplayer focused companies have dedicated SA servers now, hence my "it's not acceptable anymore" point, because it's easy as piss and cheap too
3. If we hadn't paid for the game it'd be a charity, but we did and it ain't

1. Most companies let you set your own servers
2. Most current multiplayer focused companies have dedicated SA servers now, hence my "it's not acceptable anymore" point, because it's easy as piss and cheap too
3. If we hadn't paid for the game it'd be a charity, but we did and it ain't
You paid for early access read what that means on steam to what you are entitled too. Also would you say that of most indie companies or triple a companies ? This is a SP focus game.

You paid for early access read what that means on steam to what you are entitled too. Also would you say that of most indie companies or triple a companies ? This is a SP focus game.
We paid for a right to be testers, which means multiplayer should be accesible for testing for those who actually care about it. I reckon it's more important than not letting clans leave games against randos or whatever the fuss was all about some time ago.
I'm not big on multiplayer games so I wouldn't know about indie games, but I do remember having good pin on Verdun if that's worth anything.
Warband had a good multiplayer population in SA for being the type of game it is.

EA has nothing to do with it, as multiplayer is already a feature available for everyone else and not some new feature peoplr are *****ing about

That is a pretty silly thing to say. The beta period is over, right now this person paid full price to experience/test this game. That is like saying people who experience crashes constantly aren't a priority, even though for the past month they have been and rightfully so.

I disagree, when buying the game you bought it with the understanding that certain features may not be available yet due to different circumstances. He said himself that singleplayer is fine but he only wants to play multiplayer. TaleWorlds is STILL MAKING THE GAME and part of that is building the infrastructure to support online play and servers in different regions. Asking them to look at it is one thing, demanding that they do so and implying that they are wrong for prioritizing other things is self centered and ignorant.

Well I paid to be included in the beta, and I'm out of it at the moment. You don't need to go physically to set up a server, thats absolutely bollocks. We have hosted plenty of servers ourselves.

Do you understand how servers work at all?

Information can only travel so fast online. In order to have lower ping you need a physically closer server so that the server and the client machine can exchange information faster. So therefore, you must have a PHYSICAL server in South America to enable players to have low latency. When a player hosts a server themselves, their machine is acting as a reference point through which the information is exchanged, and anyone in that server is sending and receiving game-state data from that person’s machine, which is hopefully a lot closer than the dedicated servers TaleWorlds has.

That being said, allowing server hosting requires lots of software infrastructure that they likely don’t have right now. So it really isn’t as easy as flipping the big “Let players host servers” button that they’ve conveniently been ignoring until now.

Do you understand how servers work at all?

Information can only travel so fast online. In order to have lower ping you need a physically closer server so that the server and the client machine can exchange information faster. So therefore, you must have a PHYSICAL server in South America to enable players to have low latency. When a player hosts a server themselves, their machine is acting as a reference point through which the information is exchanged, and anyone in that server is sending and receiving game-state data from that person’s machine, which is hopefully a lot closer than the dedicated servers TaleWorlds has.

That being said, allowing server hosting requires lots of software infrastructure that they likely don’t have right now. So it really isn’t as easy as flipping the big “Let players host servers” button that they’ve conveniently been ignoring until now.

Are you familiar with server rental? I know they need a server IN south america. They can have that very cheaply and easily.

Do you really belive that every game company has to visit a country, buy a building and a bunch of machines, get a ISP locally and mount the servers themselves?

I disagree, when buying the game you bought it with the understanding that certain features may not be available yet due to different circumstances. He said himself that singleplayer is fine but he only wants to play multiplayer. TaleWorlds is STILL MAKING THE GAME and part of that is building the infrastructure to support online play and servers in different regions. Asking them to look at it is one thing, demanding that they do so and implying that they are wrong for prioritizing other things is self centered and ignorant.
You are right in many senses, but the lead developer himself stated they are looking into it, and if you read the OP, you can see it is just a mix of venting and genuine curiosity. In no way has the OP demanded anything, nor is he insulting the devs. Rather, he waited a full month before reiterating his question, and due to I assume the silence on this certain topic he simply wishes to understand how long ASAP is.

One month has passed and it seems there has been no progress, so I can completely understand his frustration.

We are not asking for a flawless game with no bugs, we are not asking for a new feature. We are asking for something that is very easy and cheap to do, that every other player already has. I don't think this is unreasonable at all. And yet there is people which has nothing else to do than come here and argue with us.

Let the devs decide if we are being unreasonable. They can manage and assess if they can give this to us. Don't be party spoilers.

We are not asking for a flawless game with no bugs, we are not asking for a new feature. We are asking for something that is very easy and cheap to do, that every other player already has. I don't think this is unreasonable at all. And yet there is people which has nothing else to do than come here and argue with us.

Let the devs decide if we are being unreasonable. They can manage and assess if they can give this to us. Don't be party spoilers.
I get it, it doesn’t work well for you guys and that sucks, i was just trying to state that I really wouldn’t get hopes up with it’s priority level being so low to them. Maybe on release

it's not possible to play with 100+ ping
"Oh yeah I kill so many guys with high ping cuz I'm so good and you're so bad hah hah hah"
Just kidding and welcome to my entire beta experience, despite living in USA my particular area has bad internet latency so my entire close combat was like a rock paper scissors never being able to actually aim, time or block. Just move around and make swings haphazardly, you'll do alright.

Back
Top Bottom