A mode that combines Siege with Captain

Users who are viewing this thread

Decado7

Recruit
How come there's not a mode combining Siege with Captain mode - ie you control a certain number of troops? This could be bloody awesome! I've played quite a bit of Siege on the aussie servers when they were active, but even at their peak it was only around 30 players. But this felt pretty good with some great combat - but if everyone had 5-10 units with them, man it would elevate it so much.

My other thought was something like Captain numbers where you may start of with 10-15 units with you, but to support a kind of attrition, every time you die and respawn, you've got one less unit with you so by the end you'd be seeing players with no supporting AI.

I'm a huge fan of Captain mode - it can be frustrating but I think it captures the essence of what makes M&B so good and that is commanding troops. Combining it on a larger scale with siege could be amazing.

How come there's not a mode combining Siege with Captain mode - ie you control a certain number of troops? This could be bloody awesome! I've played quite a bit of Siege on the aussie servers when they were active, but even at their peak it was only around 30 players. But this felt pretty good with some great combat - but if everyone had 5-10 units with them, man it would elevate it so much.

My other thought was something like Captain numbers where you may start of with 10-15 units with you, but to support a kind of attrition, every time you die and respawn, you've got one less unit with you so by the end you'd be seeing players with no supporting AI.

I'm a huge fan of Captain mode - it can be frustrating but I think it captures the essence of what makes M&B so good and that is commanding troops. Combining it on a larger scale with siege could be amazing.
AI is the problem. Have you played SP siege? Having the AI storm the walls is a waste. They funnel into one ladder when there's 2 sets, take the weirdest paths into the castle etc. The AI is not ready for this kind of game mode.

Ok thanks, thinking of doing another playthrough but maybe I'll wait for 1.5.4 since they fix ALOT of annoying things in that one plus adding some new quests and stuff. I think I'll stay on multiplayer only one more patch. Are you playing on this version?
Im playing on 1.5.4

Oh I see, to bad there are no beta servers because then I would also update. I really want a new Singeplayer playthrough but I also want to be able to play with my friends. Guess I'll just have to wait :grin:

Oh I see, to bad there are no beta servers because then I would also update. I really want a new Singeplayer playthrough but I also want to be able to play with my friends. Guess I'll just have to wait :grin:
Yes that is true i revert to 1.5.3 if i want to play MP which is not often after my "experience" but the SP over the UI bugs and soldiers being fat and old is much better

They should make it MMO where you can have like 50 soldiers at max level and you can travel trough the map, meet other Players and for example do Siege with friends...

AI is the problem. Have you played SP siege? Having the AI storm the walls is a waste. They funnel into one ladder when there's 2 sets, take the weirdest paths into the castle etc. The AI is not ready for this kind of game mode.

Aye i have - i would have thought though by following a player they might be better at performing whatever task the player has set, they tend to be pretty solid in Captain mode from my experience.

Aye i have - i would have thought though by following a player they might be better at performing whatever task the player has set, they tend to be pretty solid in Captain mode from my experience.
In SP siege the AI seems to perform best when you give no commands at all. I'd rather think that having 6 players commanding that AI will make them worse, than just having one messing the already broken AI up.

Back
Top Bottom