A Mod to Resurrect WarBand... but with Bannerlord's Engine?

Would you like to see someone make this kind of mod?

• Yes, I would

Votes: 28 65.1%
  • No, I wouldn't

Votes: 15 34.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Just curious, what do you think of the idea of someone doing a "SkyBlivion" style mega-mod project to revive Warband with the new capabilities of Bannerlord ?

(With all the old features - the feasts, the man-hunters, the deserters, the amusingly voiced bandits, the Rhodoks back of course instead of the Empire)

Last edited:
Why live in the past?
Old game has only a few features that new game is missing and which probably will come in a year or so or via mods.
  • The man-hunters, the deserters is just a two new factions.
  • Feasts is a over-hyped feature that needs to be improved before implementation.

Vanilla Warband was not that great. However reviving some popular Warband mod in Bannerlord is a no-brainer, once they fix Bannerlord and let it go.

I'd rather see Viking conquest and Napoleonic wars remade, I think they have a lot more too them. It would be fun to play with the old native factions again but let's be real, nostalgia is always better in memory.

I have to confess that Native with Diplomacy was one of the few bearable and enjoyable combinations for me. The other mods I have liked playing were total conversions, such as L'Aigle and The Last Days, but the others I tried were either too unpolished, empty, or bloated with intrusive features that I didn't quite catch. The lore of Warband Calradia, loose as it is, can make for a good mod I'd play.

I'm pretty sure I once saw a mod on Nexus that had this basic idea. So I think it's safe to say there will definitely be a few "classic Calradia" mods that move the setting forward in time to the era of Warband, but with the mechanics and features introduced in Bannerlord.

No I prefer a mod that brings the missed features of Bannerlord from warband instead :smile:)

Yeah I have to say, I would prefer this as well.

The problem is that until Taleworlds releases Bannerlord and stops patching the game in ways that cause all the mods to break every time they patch, we aren't going to see these mods. It is just too much work for modders to build a mod and keep it updated with all the changes and patches, especially if the mod is complex.

I have to confess that Native with Diplomacy was one of the few bearable and enjoyable combinations for me. The other mods I have liked playing were total conversions, such as L'Aigle and The Last Days, but the others I tried were either too unpolished, empty, or bloated with intrusive features that I didn't quite catch. The lore of Warband Calradia, loose as it is, can make for a good mod I'd play.

I share your SP experience, I tried some GoT mod that was pretty decent but apart from that just native with diplomacy. Wouldn't mind warband combat in my bannerlord SP though!

Not really interested unless it's a god tier masterpiece mod that adds tons of goodies and baffles everyone.

I'm more interested in something like Prophesy of Pendor or Gekokujo for Bannerlord.
Or cRPG and Napoleonic Wars for multiplayer.

Also don't care about a Game of Thrones mod, the last tv season was terrible, nothing worth to revisit that world imo.

It's just a bit depressing that we have to wait like 2 more years for the good mods. :c

Why live in the past?
Old game has only a few features that new game is missing and which probably will come in a year or so or via mods.
  • The man-hunters, the deserters is just a two new factions.
  • Feasts is a over-hyped feature that needs to be improved before implementation.
A semi working siege AI? Haven´t seen a mod for this yet.

Yes I am excited to D2:R too :smile:

To me Warband is it's openness, technicality and a better platform at it's time, with the community surrounds it.
I always think Warband is inspiring as it's own just like D2 is to ARPG, in a not comparable way.

Personally it would be a sad day if a Warband:R mod come out more enriched than Bannerlord.
However the characters and the lore, the original Calradia surely deserve it.

Vanilla Warband was not that great. However reviving some popular Warband mod in Bannerlord is a no-brainer, once they fix Bannerlord and let it go.
In the Name of Jerusalem II is already in development and from what I've seen on it's moddb page, it's gonna be great.

Back
Top Bottom