SP Native A Mod Long Forgotten

Users who are viewing this thread

eMen said:
Found an elite unit unit today (spoiler):
8i9RwFZ.jpg

Who made that Fluted Armour model? It looks amazing.

Hi all,

re Dark Knights, no, I have not faced them personally but have some thoughts anyway:

1. They invaded on day 150, within 8 days they had two good cities with many villages, Veluca and Dhirrim.

2. They have no tactical weaknesses because they get what they lack from liberated prisoners and after taking a city and scoring one or two field victories they have a vastly OP combined arms setup. Seeing as other realms are constantly fighting each other and have lots of prisoners, supply of troops for Dark Knights is limitless.

3. They have no strategical weakness as they march their armies close enough to support each other at any time. AI kingdoms embroiled in other wars just can`t beat them. No chance to concentrate own forces for them. And single armies run or get wiped out, giving more troops to Dark Knights.

4. I like a slow game as an adventurer so at day 150 I had 52 troops, companions included, abt. 70% top tier, rest high mid-lvl. No merc contract, no fief, 2 businesses. So I could not attack on my own neither could I join battles as there were none to join as per 3.
A better player then myself might of course have a kingdom by day 150 but he also might have several wars to deal with.

Theorizing now:

- top tier horse archer armies concentrated into one army group might be able to defeat them in the field immediately after invasion,but only if they have no other wars to fight. So the player should be Khergit Khan or field marshal with swell relations to all vassals and at peace with everyone. As for me, I can`t pull it off in 150 days. After they get a city, there`s no stopping them.

- perhaps destroying their very OP caravans might do the trick provided their economy works as for others.

- non-aggresion treaties and defensive alliances as seen in other mods should be implemented.

I´m grateful for any tips on how to deal withthe Dark Knights.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Can I just say....  The elite troops look terrifying as holy high hell....

Very beautiful looking, will download asap.

I really like this mod, however in battles they just continually circle each other, I cannot play it like this, are you going to fix this or is there a work around?

Thnx
Druss

DrussTheAxe said:
I really like this mod, however in battles they just continually circle each other, I cannot play it like this, are you going to fix this or is there a work around?

Thnx
Druss
Could you please give more information? What settings do you play, etc?
I currently play on average battle/campaign with AI Tactics (in the camp menu) turned off.
Still, when large battles occur and they are evenly matched, both sides start to run and the battle never ends - they stay 10,11 against 15,16; one army at a side of the map, and the other in the another. Quite bothersome when I get knocked out. (Battlesize 300)

Back
Top Bottom