SP Native A Mod Long Forgotten

Users who are viewing this thread

The mod's 1.8.5 version is uploaded here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cxc513vda7w2msr/Oblivion+1.8.5.rar
It is 90% save game compatible so there is no reason to start over just to see some changes but a fresh start is what I would do.
The link to the previous update will be removed.
This update is very large in comparrizon to the previous ones so the whole game folder must be included again. Extract is over your previous 'Oblivion' game folder.

jumona said:
Hey love the mod good fun :grin:
I made a new character ran around a bit to build a army then went to my usual farming location... coast of the vaegirs to hunt me some sea raiders and that is when i found this...
N9cYXkL.jpg
Very interesting and also terrifying.
Anyone have an idea about this or speculation...?

Very Interesting, I really don't know how that happened. Maybe he released some sarranid lords from prison ???  One interesting thing about this mod is that it has some bugs tied apparently to the user/s computer. Three of my friends play the game from the same file, and all of tham had different bugs. Had, since most of it is now fixed. But some of them were hilarious like halberdiers spawning naked or bandits attacking in taverns. I had this weird bug where the assassins just disappeared when they attack me, while no one else experienced this bug. I really don't know how is this possible.

Absolutely great, I always wanted a good troop tree enchancement like this, and this is just something for my taste, balance, aesthetics, lore, everything seems almost perfect, great job :grin:
I have always had a weakness to not-completely-different-to-native mods, and this is something I was looking for a long time. The unique weapons system seems great too, but I never got one.

There is one point that really really really pisses me off though, new quests. Quests are great, I admit it, but that mead (wine) quest? It's impossible. And when you refuse these new quests, you immediately get -5 relation, and unfortunately every single lord gives me that quest. I am probably the most hated man in Calradia because I refuse to bring them some wine in.. like, 5 days? Now anytime before I talk with a lord, I press quicksave, and if he gives me that quest, I load back and try again... That's so frustrating. I lost the count of my rage quits because of this issue, because sometimes I forget to save and boom, 2 "real" hours lost.

However, this mod is so great that I can easily find power in me to besiege Shariz again after losing that progress. Would be great if you fix that though.

Keep up the great work sir, I got my eyes on this, and my beautiful army. :grin:

Oh the bandits, I forgot to praise you for the great work you have done on the bandits, as they are much more fun to fight, run down, slaughter or run away from.
And the mercenaries. And all the new content in the game.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I will redo all the quests in a few days, since I have finally finished all the troops and items in the game, just a quick rework of the companions is planned, and make the factions' lords more diverse. The mead quest is probably something I overlooked, since I personally wouldn't like to lose relation that much. I will also try to make the lords offer you different quest after you refuse one, if I can do it, it will be updated very soon. The future updates will be very small and 100% save compatible.

Has anyone faced against the Dark Knights?
I need your thoughts on them since I had major balance issues with them and it has taken me several months to finally put them into shape, to be very strong but certanly beatable.
Screenshots would be wellcome, I will too post some screenshots soon, I plan to do a Elite Troops Summary, and all the factions' troop trees.

Hi,

where is the .rgl config file located? In WB 1.158 it is to be found in the WB subfolder in the Documents folder.

I ask because a simple tweak there seems to have solved my lag problems in battles. Or will the tweak applied there also work with this mod?

And THX for your great work, Sir Hellsing.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hmm, I really don't know, my rgl config folder is there, in My documents warband folder. Since this mod is launched from a separate launcher, I can only think that both this mod and Warband 1.158 use the same rgl config file, probably.

Sir Integra Hellsing said:
Hmm, I really don't know, my rgl config folder is there, in My documents warband folder. Since this mod is launched from a separate launcher, I can only think that both this mod and Warband 1.158 use the same rgl config file, probably.

Hi,

I also think that that`s the case. Let`s do a big battle and see.

And thx for your attn.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I'm looking forward to your feedback. My game constantly freezes during big battles, when I open the task manager, it shows that mb_warband has sucked 1,52 GB RAM (out of 3 that I have) and then it crashes. However, my other friends have a flawless performance...

@Sir Integra Hellsing

Hi,

may take some time to find such a battle, must start a new char. Anyway, try this yourself:

- in your WB subfolder in the Documents folder open rgl_config.txt file and change render_buffer_size to, say, 500 like this:

- render_buffer_size=500

Back up the original rgl file first!

THX for this tweak goes to KonykSoldatyk.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I have set the render buffer size to 500 like you said, now I too must start playing the game for real to find out if it works. There is still much work to be done in the game. Right now I have changed the amount of food stores in the cities/castles during sieges and the amount of troops that are left in the streets and the castle during a siege. These need to be tested before I release the next update.

As I promised, now I will list all the different troop trees and put some screenshots as well, mostly from the end-trained troops here.

As I have explained in my first post ever, there are now three different troop trees for every faction (except the Dark Knights, of course), so I will just copy paste that info:

Swadians​

1) Regular troops.
These troops make up the most of any army. They're easy to recruit, relatively easy to train and not very expensive. Recruits are available at any friendly village. Many familiar troops thea do not belong to nobility can be found here. Regular troops have a level range of 5-30.

Swadian Recruit​
I​
Swadian Militia​
I​
Swadian Trained Militia​
/                            \​
Swadian Footman                Swadian Skirmisher​
I                                          I​
Swadian Regular Infantry              Swadian Regular Crossbowman​
/                      \                                            I       ​
Swadian Veteran Infantry    Swadian Horseman      Swadian Veteran Crossbowman​
          I                                          I                                                   ​
Swadian Professional Infantry              Swadian Herald                                           ​

Screenshots:
Swadian Professional Infantry
j6MveA5.jpg

Swadian Herald
nB5znUa.jpg

Swadian Veteran Crossbowman
0eWuNtA.jpg

2)Noble troops.
The second, more advanced troops available to be recruited from towns. In order to recruit these troops, you must have some nobility which means either you join a faction or be your own faction's leader. Then you can recruit these troops from a friendly town.
The noble troop tree has more powerful and advanced troops and is completely separate from the regular troops. Their levels range from 25-50 and as such, these soldiers are expensive, hard to train but in return are very powerful when trained to max, and will make most of the soldiers for a really powerful army since the third troop tree's units are really rare and hard to come by.

Swadian Noble
/                        \
Swadian Sergeant                      Swadian Sharpshooter
/                                \                                                         
Swadian Man at Arms                          Swadian Baron                                                       
/                            \                              \                        \                                     
Swadian Heavy Cavalry  Swadian Viscount    Swadian Champion  Swadian Royal Guard         
I                                                                                           
Swadian Knight                                                                                                     
I                                                                                           
Swadian Knight Lord                                                                                                 ​

Screenshots

Swadian Champion
iH8QLI9.jpg

Swadian Royal Guard
cMs7EWH.jpg

Swadian Sharpshooter
ehZKl80.jpg

Swadian Knight
MMJSJw7.jpg

2ufM527.jpg

9HqFwFn.jpg

aWxrBFe.jpg

Swadian Knight Lord
rn79qye.jpg

GfTJVzZ.jpg

Swadian Viscount
VKsoM75.jpg

3)Elite troops
Available only to faction leaders, these are the most powerful units a faction can produce. Using the best armor and weapons, with levels ranging from 50-60, these units rule the battlefield. They come already trained to max and can only be recruited from the capital towns of the factions once per week only by the monarch (or you, if you capture the capital town). However, if you manage to capture a non-capital town, you can build a special building in the town that lets you recruit them for yourself. There are three elite units for every faction, except for Rhodoks who have 2, and Dark Knights, who have 1. Considering the swadians, their elite units are:

Paladin - Clad in full plate armor and using only the finest weapons, the Paladin is capable of devastating any army with its unmatched skills with the sword and mount, and the superior quality of its equipment.
rgQPujE.jpg

MuiN7vK.jpg

hU62QwS.jpg

Gothic Knight - A walking tank armed with a long Greatsword, this troop is a threat to both mount and man, as the great reach of his sword allows him to bring down even a full armored knight to his knees.
S4bLYtv.jpg

AEi4Yjt.jpg

grdd5ii.jpg

Swadian Royal Authority -  The Swadian pride, this intimidating knight is even stronger than the paladin, as his choice of weapons which include hammers, warpicks and morningstars, combined with a lance, leave no one to be safe when the Authority charges the battlefield.
juWs0Tt.jpg

XjjPpRr.jpg

3MAYuBp.jpg

Next we move to Vaegirs

Vaegirs​

I decided to change the format a little bit, since it takes me a lot of time to construct that chart I used for swadians

Regular Units:

Horseman
                                                                              /             
                                                      Regular Infantry - Veteran Infantry - Heavy Infantry
                                                    /
                                        Footman
                                      /            \
Recruit - Militia - Trained Militia      Spearman - Veteran Spearman - Lineman
                                      \
                                        Skirmisher - Regular Archer - Veteran Archer - Marksman

Screenshots:
VAegir Heavy Infantry
vC7RSPi.jpg

Vaegir Lineman
qRzXKWa.jpg

Vaegir Marksman
Mzfxiwb.jpg

Vaegir Horseman
gIIF6uC.jpg

Nobles:

Highlander - Ranger - Great Archer
        /
Noble            Knight - Heavy Knight
        \        /
          Guard
                  \
                    Elite Guard - Juggernaut

Screenshots:
Vaegir Juggernaut
j3p8wUN.jpg

iP4CdDz.jpg

Vaegir Great Archer
hzusjOF.jpg

O0CODmZ.jpg

Vaegir Heavy Knight
rEqg9zY.jpg

aJlA8gh.jpg

Elites:

Dragonrider - Vaegir Cavalry isn't taht much praised for its power but this guy... while generaly weaker then the Swadian Paladin, this unit has one great advantage, the Dragonlance. Not only being the strongest lance in the game, but with enough speed, this lance can penetrate even held-up shields, dealing massive damage throught any defense.

00oWwrj.jpg

5aajAaW.jpg

fR894EL.jpg

AadCUWy.jpg

Archdrake - Simply the strongest archer in the game, capable of one-shotting anything under the knight cathegory. Armed with a bow so strong it can easily shoot hafway across the battlefield and their heavy arrows penetrate most known armos with ease. Archdrakes are also formidable in melee, armed with long jagged sabers. Having only 14 arrows per unit, these archers are surely expected to be experienced melee fighters as well.

iFxlu9N.jpg

419OiaA.jpg

xydUy52.jpg

Ruin Sentinel - Where could the Vaegir possibly have gotten ther hands on those warhammers used by these insane warriors. Clad in full stell plate armor, armed with a great hammer and heavy shield, these units can suprisingly hold their own against almost everything. Don't let them take you by suprise. I got the inspiration for these troops from here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHlTrcvDx0M

Of course, credits go to Fromsoft.

nIHATVJ.jpg

aixNYuu.jpg

mqQ6oHi.jpg

KdbvR5Y.jpg

Screenshots will be coming soon​

Rhodoks​

Rhodoks are a very scary faction, their units are very strong against similar-level units but in turn are not very effective against elites. Almost. Their Terico Pikeman is insane in large groups. This dude, this dude is the sole reason Rhodoks have one less elite unit since in large groups it's almost as strong as an elite.

Regular Units:

Pikeman - Phalanx Pikeman - Tercio Pikeman
                                                                        /             
                                                        Spearman - Veteran Infantry - Heavy Infantry
                                                      /
                              Regular Infantry - Veteran Infantry - Professional Infantry
                            /
Recruit - Footman
                            \
                            Regular Crossbowman - Veteran Crossbowman - Professional Crossbowman
                                                                \
                                                                  Horseman - Skirmisher

Screenshots:
Rhodok Professional Crossbowman
UhV3plW.jpg

Rhodok Skirmisher
sTnmL63.jpg

Rhodok Professional Infantry
0JKc7Rr.jpg

QgDibJf.jpg

Rhodok Pikeman
ecBIEP5.jpg

Rhodok Phalanx Pikeman
8eO4Oe7.jpg

dODcZoJ.jpg

Rhodok Tercio Pikeman
7h0kpBL.jpg

onDfRH9.jpg

Nobles:

Sharpshooter - Sniper - Assaulter
        /
Noble                Tower Knight
        \              /
          Sergeant
                        \
                        Halberdier - Elite Halberdier

Screenshots:
Rhodok Assaulter
PdlDG7Q.jpg

p8jpRWf.jpg

Rhodok Elite Halberdier
sBmoIhg.jpg

Rhodok Tower Knight
VvM25yv.jpg

XwVcwi8.jpg

Elites:

Again, Rhodoks have only two elite units. Their Terico Pikeman can be recruited fully trained along with the Dragoon and Hitman, but it is a part of the Regular Troop tree.

Dragoon - Clad in Full plate armor, Riding a Heavy Warhorse, This unit is surely to inlfict a lot of damage to his enemies. That Weapon is the Chain Crossbow, a 30-clip size auto crossbow which makes this unit truly devastating. No one is safe on the battlefield from the constant rain of heavy bolts a squad of these men can fire. Although there are no other units that are so good at massacring weaker troops, their crossbow's power is not very good against any full trained noble or elites, taking 4-6 shots to kill one.

GmXJ0H1.jpg

vFxSmUh.jpg

KG0KThZ.jpg

Hitman - Similar to the Dragoon, this is a foot unit armed with the same crossbow and is even more accurate with it, hitting the sweet spot 95% of the time. A large army of these units is almost unstoppable, at least untill they are out of ammo. But they are also formiddable melee fighters, using heavy war billhooks which are quite good against anything, even armor, and especially cavalry.

p57HUBx.jpg

SOT64zn.jpg

jEMFcd5.jpg

QCDznhK.jpg

EX8o33A.jpg

Screenshots will be coming soon​

Perhaps someone can help me... I have come across an issue where i am not getting any loot from battles im 195 days in and i think this began happening around 180 days i didn't take much note at first but when i defeated khergit king and wanted some phat lootz there was nothing  :cry:
- Edit... Nvm started giving me loot again...

- Edit 2! Ok so it only stops giving me loot in large battles 150+ or somewhere around that number which is pretty bad imo any idea how to fix...? thanks :smile:

Also when ever i try to convert dark knight lords in my service they join happily even if i have no relation to them yet a nord whom joined the dark knights who i am friendly with won't join me so i think dark knight lords aren't very loyal...
Awesome mod loving it more now i have a huge army as king :grin:

got 100% missing texture of new content :cry:
i using steam M&B W version 1.160
why all the new texture turns to blank white+all horses are white with no texture on it
+new troop armor & weapon all white
+no sound at all

how i install:
download main page oblivion 1.8.5 & new patch at page 2 forum
install main one at steamapp folder
then i copy paste the patch at new installed folder

Is there anything wrong?

1.8.5 is the latest full version, there is no patch as of yet after 1.8.5,  install like any other mod for wb , launch from inside the oblivion folder via the WB logo. -->the horse head.              Have not faced the DK's yet, only have had 1 hiccup, lord stuck in my castle for 2 months, tried normal routes to get him out, tried turning cheats on for debugging attempts and ultimately the challenge to duel got him out. Other than that, nobles stay the same  from the cities no matter who controls the city, we took 2 rhodoks and 1 khergit , when recruiting nobles later from those cities they remain the same from the original faction/owners. A little heavy on the tree's imo. could be reduced a little bit. Besides those things , good mod.  JiC anyone wonders since my forum lvl is recruit because I don't post much . I have  logged 2,503 hours in M&B, and 2,233 hours in WB , on steam .

I'm really confused with regards to this mod and the version it needs.

Will I need to change anything if I'm running the current steam version of 1.600 (or something of that nature), or does it run independently as its own standalone kind of game?

Whether or not I do play it, the troops look stunning. Well done!

Also: is this built using Native Expansion as a base? I saw you make several references to it in your comments.

it runs on its own , it launches from INSIDE  the  oblivion folder . steam/steamapps/common/warband/modules/oblivion / open oblivion folder, --> double click the WB logo ( horse head) .when it launches you may have to click the lil tab(module selector) on right side to select oblivion , just as you would do if you have multiple mods . I play many mods and it doesn't affect anything that I have noticed., hope that helps  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom